SCAM EBAY SELLERS!! Beware of these guys ( red_star2013 and sc store9999 )

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well good news for me, I was able to get a refund through paypal. I was a little worried too much time had passed by so pretty happy to get the money back. I guess I'll have to pony up real money if I want an ROTS Anakin then :monkey2

If you don't mind to wait couple of years I would wait for Kenobi series, Anakin should be there in flashbacks so chances are HT will (re)issue him.

This is a very sophisticated, complex - and quite new on eBay - scam that everyone needs to be aware of. It's run by experienced sellers who know ebay's rules very, very well and have identified the loopholes. This is not some seller who signs up, does a few dozen legit sales, then a few dozen scams, then runs.

What makes this different is that these tend to be otherwise reliable, high-feedback score sellers (often in high volume, lower cost items) for whom scams are less than 10% of their items, but are likely the majority of their income. For this high volume, high feedback reason, eBay will never remove them as a seller, and put down any reported scams as misunderstandings, mostly because these guys know how to keep negative feedback very low.

The money is big: on the item I bought, there were 34 buyers of a 1/4 scale body that cost around $120-130. That's more than $4,000 scammed on a single listing. I sent a full report to eBay when he was around 30 buyers - eBay did nothing, and another four buyers were scammed.

The seller who scammed me still has a "one of ebay's most reliable sellers" status, even as he brazenly tries to prove to my credit card company that he delivered a $120 item (18" tall figure) to me by using tracking info for a cheap tiny envelope (****crucially, with tracking****) that contained a self-printed, worthless "VIP discount card" and sheet of gibberish pre-order rules.

Ironic, given most of these scams are for items that appear in-stock, but as soon as you pay they send you a very friendly message saying "sorry friend, item will be in stock in about 3 weeks, can you please wait?" That is the first major warning sign.

As I've stated before, these people are masters at this - they will stay in close contact with you the whole time, constantly reassuring you. The bogus package they send you (importantly, it's junk that is nevertheless sent via TRACKED SERVICE) isn't an actual "wrong item" or "low cost item" that would attract attention, rather just "information" or maybe a small "gift" that you likely won't use.

This is so you really don't think much of it, let alone file any claim or dispute. It just seems informational, you may even dispose of it (BIG mistake) The type of thing - a business card, sticker or whatever that a few 1/6 part-out companies sometimes send with orders. So you'll let precious weeks or even months slip by after that delivery as you continue to wait.

Meanwhile - he's logged the item as being shipped, and will AGGRESSIVELY use that for any paypal dispute or credit card chargeback. So DO NOT throw any of that small envelope or its contents away - photograph them. It's your only chance.

And why so few neg feedbacks? Because he communicates reliably, apologetically, stalls and stalls (and you're comforted by those piles of positive feedbacks, right up to today) until the 60 day feedback window has passed. Importantly, that's 60 days from ORDER date, NOT delivery date. Most people don't know that.

Then - he walks away. And waits for your paypal dispute, with his tracking info ready, a small envelope you probably threw away 6 weeks earlier, so have no evidence. Fortunately, I did save it - enveople and all, and have sent it to the credit card company who had attempted to close the chargeback because my friend in China dutifully sent them "proof of delivery" of the $120 item (which was in reality an envelope + contents probably worth $1.)

Last edited:
This is a very sophisticated, complex - and quite new on eBay - scam that everyone needs to be aware of. It's run by experienced sellers who know ebay's rules very, very well and have identified the loopholes. This is not some seller who signs up, does a few dozen legit sales, then a few dozen scams, then runs.

What makes this different is that these tend to be otherwise reliable, high-feedback score sellers (often in high volume, lower cost items) for whom scams are less than 10% of their items, but are likely the majority of their income. For this high volume, high feedback reason, eBay will never remove them as a seller, and put down any reported scams as misunderstandings, mostly because these guys know how to keep negative feedback very low.

The money is big: on the item I bought, there were 34 buyers of a 1/4 scale body that cost around $120-130. That's more than $4,000 scammed on a single listing. I sent a full report to eBay when he was around 30 buyers - eBay did nothing, and another four buyers were scammed.

The seller who scammed me still has a "one of ebay's most reliable sellers" status, even as he brazenly tries to prove to my credit card company that he delivered a $120 item (18" tall figure) to me by using tracking info for a cheap tiny envelope (****crucially, with tracking****) that contained a self-printed, worthless "VIP discount card" and sheet of gibberish pre-order rules.

Ironic, given most of these scams are for items that appear in-stock, but as soon as you pay they send you a very friendly message saying "sorry friend, item will be in stock in about 3 weeks, can you please wait?" That is the first major warning sign.

As I've stated before, these people are masters at this - they will stay in close contact with you the whole time, constantly reassuring you. The bogus package they send you (importantly, it's junk that is nevertheless sent via TRACKED SERVICE) isn't an actual "wrong item" or "low cost item" that would attract attention, rather just "information" or maybe a small "gift" that you likely won't use.

This is so you really don't think much of it, let alone file any claim or dispute. It just seems informational, you may even dispose of it (BIG mistake) The type of thing - a business card, sticker or whatever that a few 1/6 part-out companies sometimes send with orders. So you'll let precious weeks or even months slip by after that delivery as you continue to wait.

Meanwhile - he's logged the item as being shipped, and will AGGRESSIVELY use that for any paypal dispute or credit card chargeback. So DO NOT throw any of that small envelope or its contents away - photograph them. It's your only chance.

And why so few neg feedbacks? Because he communicates reliably, apologetically, stalls and stalls (and you're comforted by those piles of positive feedbacks, right up to today) until the 60 day feedback window has passed. Importantly, that's 60 days from ORDER date, NOT delivery date. Most people don't know that.

Then - he walks away. And waits for your paypal dispute, with his tracking info ready, a small envelope you probably threw away 6 weeks earlier, so have no evidence. Fortunately, I did save it - enveople and all, and have sent it to the credit card company who had attempted to close the chargeback because my friend in China dutifully sent them "proof of delivery" of the $120 item.

Very well written. This should be more well-known. From time to time I see more and more clueless people dealing with these scumbags.

Then - he walks away. And waits for your paypal dispute, with his tracking info ready, a small envelope you probably threw away 6 weeks earlier, so have no evidence. Fortunately, I did save it - enveople and all, and have sent it to the credit card company who had attempted to close the chargeback because my friend in China dutifully sent them "proof of delivery" of the $120 item.
Thanks for sharing this. It's also important to note that the cost of the item (~$100) is something that a lot of people might honestly move on from versus fighting tooth and nail for, especially if they've thrown away the envelope that the seller uses as tracking evidence. If they did this with a $500+ item, they'd have a lot more fighting on their hands from the customers. It never ceases to amaze me the lengths people will go to in order to avoid an honest living...

So what is your particular scammers ID on ebay? Was this with your lwstore2013?

Very well written. This should be more well-known. From time to time I see more and more clueless people dealing with these scumbags.
I've been on eBay over 20 years and have seen it all. This guy almost drew me in. These people are very, very clever and know the rules down to the smallest detail, and know how to land juuuuuust this side of breaking them. They know how buyers think, what buyers assume and what they will and won't do.

That's why this case is a serious warning to anyone who buys 1/6 on eBay, and also perhaps beyond eBay. These are legit, very experienced sellers running major, sophisticated scams with impunity. Big money scams run from within legit power-seller businesses, so eBay will NOT shut them down. And this guy brazenly using bogus tracking as proof of delivery says these guys won't just roll over as many scammers do when confronted.
So what is your particular scammers ID on ebay? Was this with your lwstore2013?
Yup that was him, though earlier posts here say the same guy has at least a half dozen other stores (proven by the same unique VAT number.) He will likely succeed in 2/3 to 3/4 of those 34 buyers on my item. So he'll walk with $3k and do it all over again, and is probably doing so with other listings right now.

EBay is run by robots nowadays - and this is the equivalent of the Facebook/social media fake news problem. That if the people doing it are driving traffic to the site, then they really have no incentive to act against them, even if they say they will.

Trust me, this guy is on eBay to stay. Even after they know what he's doing. He has 13,000+ feedbacks, 99.4% positive. He knows how to keep the neg feedback very minimal, to a point where it appears to be just the normal misunderstandings, lost-in-the-mail and idiot buyers on eBay.

In the face of these new scams, I have made a rule: nothing over $50 bought on eBay any more. I gave up on pre-orders on eBay long ago, but $50 is it from here on.

As Darth Dennis says, the setting of a $100 pricepoint is very clever - its a decent amount of cash (especially when you have 30+ people paying it in one scam listing,) but around the level that some people would just walk away from, unlike say $200 or more.

@TaliBane :clap very good posts! This was my first experience ever falling into the scam trap on eBay so going forward, I don't feel comfortable buying from China/overseas on eBay. I've had a lot of success buying from 1/6 stuff fro, US sellers especially recently. But now, buying cheap stuff on eBay from China is a no-no for me.

hi i can confirm red_star1689 is a scam seller & part of the group of 15 names below i ordered the ock figure & there was no news until i contacted him & was told sent today ,they would not supply tracking details & now when i try to contact a message says daily message limit exceeded.

large ongoing fraud by the following ebay sellers who have the unique vat tax number GB331609031 so they are all one company ; sc_store9999 , xiangwyan_0 , Red_star1689 , sc_store999 , nuoyafa-86 , cxy2019sc9991589 , lwstore , lwstore2013 , red_star2013 , red_star201349 , TOTOTOYS2015 springwindblowing , sunnymayhair , starshop*2012 , mny19-53i​

Hi i have sent the following letter to ebay, if you want to reword this & send it yourself heres how ; paste in Contact eBay select buying & email. then drop in your text. letter reads :
DEAR SIRS, please pass this message to your legal department. i would like to bring to your attention to a large ongoing fraud by the following ebay sellers who have the unique vat tax number GB331609031 so they are all one company ; sc_store9999 , xiangwyan_0 , Red_star1689 , sc_store999 , nuoyafa-86 , cxy2019sc9991589 , lwstore , lwstore2013 , red_star2013 , red_star201349 , TOTOTOYS2015 springwindblowing , sunnymayhair , starshop*2012 , mny19-53i . 1. often these 15 accounts do not mention goods are presales until after you have paid. 2. all of there presale listings infringe ebays preorder policy sometimes by months even years. 3. to get round above policy they will mark the goods as sent sometimes sending a tracked envelope. 4. to get past ebays 30 day guarantee & paypal protection they tell you ''goods not made yet / we will chase supplier / goods sent/ damaged & returned / could we have $20 to send goods '' 5. once above limits have been reached you try to contact them reply says ''daily message limit exceeded''. 6. one hot toys figure alone at $200 each had 10+ available x 4 listings x multiple accounts all with no intention of sending any goods out. 7. this has been going on since august 2019 when i placed my first pre-order with TOTOTOYS2015.
8. so widespread these scammers now have their own warning section on collectors message boards. 9. because these scammers know your system well there feedback is unaffected thus drawing in more buyers ,they only seem to send out the cheap items probably made locally which keeps there feedback & sales looking healthy. i sincerely hope you will look into this matter urgently.

And the pointless reply to the above from ebay :
Thank you so much for contacting us at eBay today.
I appreciate your efforts and taking your time out to contact us about issues that you have faced on our site.
I understand that you want to pass your message to our legal department. Please let me share that we're not in a position to answer any legal concerns. If you want to contact eBay with legal concerns, I'll have to direct you to our site's User Agreement so you can get more information about this. The User Agreement is essentially a member's contract with us, and it addresses any questions you may have about our liabilities and arbitration. To access eBay's User Agreement go to www.ebay.co.uk and scroll to the very bottom of the page to access these links:
User Agreement
User Privacy Notice
Also, if you have any issues with the sellers or if you feel they are violating eBay's policies, then you can definitely report them so that our dedicated team can take the necessary action.
I trust I have explained everything clearly. Thank for your patience and understanding.

I did several hour-long chats with eBay in regards to this istutaion and they did place me in touch with Jovie Ann from a specialized team within eBay that deals with scams from high volume sellers. She did say they were preparing an investigation of this seller.

I did direct the ebay team and the fraud investigation team at my credit card company (and will with Paypal) to this thread. EBay was interested in the number of ebay accounts with the exact same VAT number.

btw, I thought it was interesting that within a day of me posting above I was targeted by a phishing scheme via a PM on this forum (brand new user of course) - never had that happen on here before. Nice to see certain people have taken notice and aren't happy with what's being posted here. :yess: :lol

Big props to you for going through with all the hard work to try to get them shut down. To be honest I wouldn’t of even known where to begin. It really sucks when something like this happens b/c when you get burned by one bad seller, it just turns you off of any from China as you just don’t know if they are the same person you got burned from or an actual honest seller. As a transformer collector, I’ve never been shy about buying products from China (KO or Official), but this one time really rubbed me the wrong way making me weary of buying anything from an eBay Chinese seller again.

just sent mny19-53i a message on ebay saying I do not wish to wait for my pre-order, and he sent something out the next moment. I feel he will probably send me some **** that is not what I ordered.

just sent mny19-53i a message on ebay saying I do not wish to wait for my pre-order, and he sent something out the next moment. I feel he will probably send me some **** that is not what I ordered.
Record yourself opening the package when it arrives, or if it arrives.

Hi

TaliBane much appreciate your info its good to know somebody got somewhere with this problem.​

Record yourself opening the package when it arrives, or if it arrives.
Yup this is what I’ve always done when getting packages from China. I always say what it’s supposed to be in the package during the recording as well before opening as well as getting a good shot of the label

Son of a!!

I bought my Limtoys Connor figure from 'springwindblowing', well, not likely ever to see that now! It's over a year ago now, so, I'm guessing I can kiss that goodbye. Dammit!!

EDIT

Just looked on eBay and the ONLY sellers listing the Limtoys Connor are the scammer! Yep, no chance of me getting another. Just grand!

Last edited:
Back