Saturn Toys 1/6 '66 Batman and Robin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got to love that ingenuity. (y) Perhaps this is a misread on my part, but for all the flack Batman '66 gets from certain people the characters to this day elicit a lot of devotion. As you have rightly mentioned, these specific figures might be getting over played when you consider their actual craftsmanship, but the chance to have and display them is very exciting for many. Me included. I would have to amend my previous comments about Romero Joker as I find the IS Bela Lugosi a better all around product, my excitement to get Romero after 7+ years was making me giddy. :oops::LOL:(y)

It still feels unbelievable that I have a 1/6 Romero Joker, which makes it easier to overlook the colour of his suit.

Mars initially looked to have a special affection for '66 when they stated repeatedly that they were going to make "all" characters. That impression evaporated with the Softball and Pagliacci versions, since a special affection implies a desire to replicate the original as close as possible. (The way LiM Toys does their best, because they love the subject matter).

It knocks my confidence, because I don't know what to expect with each figure. Whether they'll spend the time as they did with the prime Joker, or do the bare minimum of research as with the secondary versions.

Yet, I'm still glad I got them all. With some amendments and workarounds they can be made to work, and they give you something no other 1/6 company put into production.

Mars initially looked to have a special affection for '66 when they stated repeatedly that they were going to make "all" characters. That impression evaporated with the Softball and Pagliacci versions, since a special affection implies a desire to replicate the original as close as possible.
That's the key right there. Either they misjudged their customers' eye for detail or, as you suggest, are only in it for the cash grab.

I don't doubt we'll get the other 66 rogues as promised. Mars would just be better served if they stopped committing to timelines they can't keep.

Everything will take much longer now they have so many irons in the fire. We can only hope the quality doesn't suffer.

Will be very interesting to see if the Carey Riddler matches the prototype as well as the first Romero Joker did.

Just contacted my seller and he said its being released on June 30th, and it would be shipped out within a week after. So looks like I'll have the set in July.

Mine arrived this morning from Kit!

Quick un-fuzted pic before work...

2023-06-23 09.38.45.jpg

...and some quick thoughts.
  • Batman's shorts are definitely too big, but workable with some futzing (they're not attached, so can easily be moved around) and possibly with a little padding, er, in front.
  • The symbol placement is fine and easily adjustable by shifting the suit.
  • Batman's head is a little pinched but it's not as bad in hand. I also don't like the bent ears, but I felt the same about the Hot Toys version.
  • Batman's padding on mine needs some futzing under the suit.
  • Robin's cape is creased so I'll need to fix that.
  • Robin's face is a little soft, probably due to the recasting.
  • I wish the stands matched Joker better, but oh well. I wonder if future figure stands will be like the Dynamic Duo, or go back to Joker style?
Overall though, I like 'em!

Nice pic @silentrepose :clap they look pretty good all things considered. Thank you for the review.

Got my invoice from OSK this morning, but still trying to decide if I want to go through with them or not.

@EVILFACE would you be able to make decals for these type stands, so we can have the actual Batman logo on them?

I cannot tell you how to spend, but you'll regret it if you don't.

I have the Hot Toys, but want a second set. For 300 bucks, can't go wrong.

I think they look more than decent. Faces look great, not hot toys, but it's undeniably the dynamic duo.

Nice pic @silentrepose :clap they look pretty good all things considered. Thank you for the review.

Got my invoice from OSK this morning, but still trying to decide if I want to go through with them or not.

@EVILFACE would you be able to make decals for these type stands, so we can have the actual Batman logo on them?
Yup I can.

I cannot tell you how to spend, but you'll regret it if you don't.

I have the Hot Toys, but want a second set. For 300 bucks, can't go wrong.

I think they look more than decent. Faces look great, not hot toys, but it's undeniably the dynamic duo.
Yea, the set was only $245 for me, so a good deal in itself; especially given the going rate of the officials and that this set seems to be sold out at most places.

It could eventually go for nearly as much as the official set after enough time passes if there’s no reissue.

Yup I can.
Awesome! I have a whole list of decals I’m putting together, so I’ll add these to it :hi5:

View attachment 646313

• Batman's shorts are definitely too big, but workable with some futzing (they're not attached, so can easily be moved around) and possibly with a little padding, er, in front.
  • Batman's head is a little pinched but it's not as bad in hand. I also don't like the bent ears, but I felt the same about the Hot Toys version.
  • I wish the stands matched Joker better, but oh well. I wonder if future figure stands will be like the Dynamic Duo, or go back to Joker style?
Can the left pant leg be tucked into the boot?

View attachment 646313

Thanks for posting. Glad I have these on PO. Seems like a after a bit of futzing and getting some good poses, these will look great on the shelf! Definitely a better option than after market prices. Looking forward to these and the Joker.👍

Is the Bat suit just as delicate as the HT one?

Don't have the HT one so can't comment but it seems pretty durable so far.

It might be that new toy smell, but I think they definitely worth it, especially for the price.

Can the left pant leg be tucked into the boot?

Yes, that was one of the first things I fixed up. The left boot wasn't fully attached in the box and the pants were bunching up around it.

Seems like a after a bit of futzing and getting some good poses, these will look great on the shelf!

After those first pics, I was apprehensive about opening these up, but I was pleasantly surprised with them in hand. Looking forward to seeing more pics from everyone!

Those look pretty great IMO. The shorts are the most glaring issue and if they're not attached, should be an easy enough fix. Now I want confirmation that Mars is going to finish the Rogues... :)

Back