Saturn Toys 1/6 '66 Batman and Robin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It could be happening as we speak.

3rd party has gotten cocky as hell this past year. I wouldn't put it passed them to alert the WB lawyers. They have no real power, but those official cease and desist letters can give operators (and factories) pause... and delay releases.

I guess Hot Toys wasn’t toying around with the competition.

43A4FABC-4228-4467-84E7-2A950F69F271.gif

So i guess its just the batman and robin being canceled?HT never had any licensing rights on the villians correct?

I wonder if it’s b/c of how popular Mars got after Romero Joker and how “loud” for lack of a better term they got with their success. B/c they were pretty quiet while making the DX08 KO. There has to be a reason for targeting just Mars/Saturn because another 3rd Party company put out a kit of parts for sale of the just released WandaVision Scarlet Witch that includes everything but the body and headsculpt. Then there’s that Juice Toys or whatever that KO’d the Hella figure and another company that’s KOing Gamora.

Last edited:
This post was from 26th March, though the writer was obviously unaware that Saturn is also Mars:

I think we clarified this in the other thread, but again for the sake of the dialogue here, it was a different company who were planning on releasing the 1/6th Batman and Robin. That has now gone away due to the rightful cease and desist that Hot Toys imposed, given that they were clearly re-casts.

http://www.66batman.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8462&hilit=saturn&start=45

Haven't found a definitive source for the news, so it may be merely based on rumour.

EDIT:

This is the first instance of the 'news', from 3rd November 2022:

They've already issued a cease and desist, but Asian Market Law is difficult.

http://www.66batman.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8462&hilit=saturn&start=30

11th March:

I saw a note somewhere that Batman and Robin molds had been stolen, so they were starting new. It could be that Hot Toys lawyers went after them and seized the assets.

Last edited:
It’s interesting that these characters/figures are the ones that HT went after when they were pretty bad sellers to begin with. I mean these figures were heavily discounted so it’s surprising that HT is/was even bothered by this. Guess with them losing so much money on them in the first place, they didn’t want anyone else profiting when they probably didn’t.

not huge of a down grade compared to hot toy's. maybe its just the picture but the eyes look a bit of a downgrade to hot toy's but the clothing itself i cant tell them apart. maybe this cape will have the snap buttons like hot toys but interested in seeing this review. i told myself id probably only buy hot toys because batman holds a special spot so id probably want to get the "best" but tbh sending this to repainting this sculpt wouldn't entirely be a bad idea either...

The cape clasp looks odd. I don't remember Hot Toys' being like that, though I've had Tony Mei's suit and cape on mine for years.

I'll have to get the box out and look at the original again.

The cape clasp looks odd. I don't remember Hot Toys' being like that, though I've had Tony Mei's suit and cape on mine for years.

I'll have to get the box out and look at the original again.
i think hot toys with a metal clasp with a black string or blue string.

that's one thing I've been searching for was tony mei's suit and cape but those seem l like actual grails searching for these days.

i wonder if tales might consider making 1966 suit and cape with better material like tony's

i think hot toys with a metal clasp with a black string or blue string.

that's one thing I've been searching for was tony mei's suit and cape but those seem l like actual grails searching for these days.

i wonder if tales might consider making 1966 suit and cape with better material like tony's

Main reason I went for Tony Mei's was that early reviews said that Hot Toys' suit was prone to getting snagged/laddered. There was a reduced price for ordering the cape (with the correct number of scallops), so I went for that too.

Back