Saturn Toys 1/6 '66 Batman and Robin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Off the one pic, things to fix on Batman:
-change out cape clasp to black so it doesn’t stick out as much as the chrome
-retailor the undies
-slightly raise the chest bat symbol
-swap the body
-add thin full body “fat suit” to get a smoother look under the suit like the HT figure

At the price point they still represent good value even with all those potential Batman mods to do.

Obviously it's a little disappointing they aren't as brilliant as the first Joker.

Off the one pic, things to fix on Batman:
-change out cape clasp to black so it doesn’t stick out as much as the chrome
-retailor the undies
-slightly raise the chest bat symbol
-swap the body
-add thin full body “fat suit” to get a smoother look under the suit like the HT figure

I just checked the HT Batman and can feel a fat suit similar to the one on the Pagliacci Joker: a one piece vest that extends down to the just above the knees.

Looking through my spares I have one of those I took off ROTJ Boba Fett.

I also braved the heat of the attic to look in the HT Batman box and bring down the cape and suit just in case they're needed. The cape has a silver hook and black eye, and I'd forgotten there were a series of poppers on the back to secure it to the suit.

Obviously it's a little disappointing they aren't as brilliant as the first Joker.

Yep.

Personally I find Batman a big disappointment. The squashed face and baggy panties and bat-symbol on top of his belly -- all big mistakes.

I was hoping to pick these up on release, but if I try to get the Dynamic Duo I will try instead to get the HT ones.

1239816_10151619965957344_664819541_n.jpg

Last edited:
HT vs Mars COMP.jpg

I hope someone can do a better comparison than this quick mock-up (hope its OK to use your photo for this, Breda)

Now, not that HT's Batman is so great -- the body under the tights ruins the effect, the colors are wrong on the cape and cowl, and his own pants aren't too fitted either after all... but the sculpt and paint are there. From afar, the outfit and proportions look correct, barrel-chested and all.

The Mars version looks like a cosplayer. Although Mars looks to have more muscular legs -- which Adam West did not have -- the stitch lines and bunching of material beneath ruin the effect.

Perhaps this is a "first photo" issue; we need more pictures to really know.

Oof that side by side. The Mars (Saturn) release looks quite wonky. Especially the head sculpt. Look at the googly eyes and the face plate looks strange (almost looks oversized?).

Last edited:
I wonder if their recast method created the warped Batman head... or if this is Mars' attempt to re-sculpt their own West head? I assume the latter since it looks so different.

In that comparison, looks like the Saturn(Mars) figure needs both the belt and the undies pulled up which may help it out. If you look at the belt placement in relation to the arms, the belt is almost at elbow height on the HT. But, on the ST, the belt ends up around mid forearm if the arm was fully extended.

In that comparison, looks like the Saturn(Mars) figure needs both the belt and the undies pulled up which may help it out. If you look at the belt placement in relation to the arms, the belt is almost at elbow height on the HT. But, on the ST, the belt ends up around mid forearm if the arm was fully extended.

Agreed, but if you do that, the bat symbol will be at the top of his belt.

I know everyone will try but I imagine there's going to be a terrible glue stain left if you try to remove/move the symbol.

My suggestion is to pull up the entire gray suit (if possible).

Kind of looks like the belt buckle on this is wrong too. Hard to tell but it looks like the same yellow plastic as the rest of the belt rather than a brushed gold metal piece.

I know everyone will try but I imagine there's going to be a terrible glue stain left if you try to remove/move the symbol.

Depends on how it’s adhered to the suit such as glue, an iron on type adhesive or even fabric tape. But typically, if you use heat to peel it off, you won’t have to worry about any staining. At least that’s how it’s been in my experience. Just have to take it slow during the process to not mess anything up.

where are these other photos...?
Probably BigBreda’s IG or FB. He normally posts a few pics before releasing his review just like recently with the B and C Joker figures.

EDIT: looks like @Asta beat me to it

Last edited:
Depends on how it’s adhered to the suit such as glue, an iron on type adhesive or even fabric tape. But typically, if you use heat to peel it off, you won’t have to worry about any staining. At least that’s how it’s been in my experience. Just have to take it slow during the process to not mess anything up.

I'd like to learn how to do this. How do you apply the "heat" -- hairblower?

I'd like to learn how to do this. How do you apply the "heat" -- hairblower?
So, in this case, my first try will be as follows:
  • Remove the suit and turn it inside out
  • Dab some water on my finger tips to lightly wet the suit where the symbol is at and it’s perimeter,
  • Get some parchment or wax paper to place on top
  • Use the tip of an iron on low to medium setting to heat it up in increments of about 10 seconds, more or less regularly checking to see if it’s loose enough to start to peel it.
  • The trick is to not force it. If it isn’t budging, apply a little more heat and check again. Add a little more water if the fabric begins to dry too much. You want it to peel fairly easily so you don’t stretch or warp it. That’s why it’s a slow process. You don’t want to ruin the suit or the symbol while doing it
EDIT: A hair dryer may work if you have one that gets hot enough or if you have a heat gun. The hair dryer I have is pretty old and doesn’t get hot enough for something like this. If you do the hair dryer method, I would still apply the heat from the back side rather than the top

Back