Saban’s Power Rangers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Power Rangers movie reboot? ...Eh?

Oh alright, been so long that I've forgotten. I loved In Space, and I loved how the Astro and Delta Megazords combined since the Delta wasn't just shoulder pads like Dragonzord.

I really only liked the original cast. Once Jason, Zack and Trini left I kept watching for a while, but it wasn't as good. I watched Turbo, but barely watched Zeo and then I tuned in for Space, which I didn't mind.

I remember being really annoyed when they shoved the Green Ranger in with his own Zoid, then he became the White Ranger. Honestly, once Kimberly left, Tommy should have gone too but that actor had to keep on forever with the show lol.

Anyway, if the film is made for kids it will be pretty unwatchable for me. When I look back at the show now it is just too lame and if the film is anything like that, it will be pretty horrible imo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A10dolD.jpg

Just got confirmed.

Last edited:

This movie is going to be bad***. (Not sure if I can say that on here, hence the ***. :lol)

Super stoked.

I stopped somewhere around Zeo I think, never watched Turbo or after. Zeo was the one with Jason returning as the Gold Ranger with the Pyramidus zord right? :lol

Yeah, those were the days. I think the last series I stopped watching regularly was Ninja Storm/Dino Thunder (whichever came last), which I really liked. This new stuff I can't keep up with.

I was discussing this movie with some friends recently. We decided that we weren't sure if we would get a gritty, good movie. But we stated that they could be able to make it somewhat gritty and good. I referred to Pacific rim in that they could use some of that technology and approach in bringing the revamped to life to fight the monsters. We shall see.

You can be gritty to a point, but it needs 90s cheesiness to work.

You can be gritty to a point, but it needs 90s cheesiness to work.

I agree. I don't want it to be so far distanced from the source material that it loses what a lot of fans love about it, and whether we care to admit or not, the 'cheese' is a part of MMPR 'lovability.' :lol I do want something fresh and new though, but I'm hoping it has it moments. And I also want it to feel like a movie and not just an extended episode. I think it's a fine line.

I actually wouldn't mind a more mature version with a few cheesy lines. The movie doesn't have to take itself so seriously and should pick fun at the entire concept. But I'd like something fresh. There's so many seasons of cheesy rangers stuff to consume. I'm ready for a different approach.:panic:

The morphing sequence should be completely unchanged, and we need all the poses after.

Can't wait very cool always loved power rangers! That made up mature short movie is excellent too.

This just in: I'll be dressing up as the Green Ranger for Halloween!!! :lol :rock

Figured I'd share in this thread....not that anyone cares....but I thought it was cool. :lol

I think it's awesome. Pics or it didn't happen! Ill just be green with envy

Back