Saban’s Power Rangers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Power Rangers movie reboot? ...Eh?

Well personally, I think they went a little overboard trying to be too dark... but an official movie won't be anything close to that since they want it kid friendly and they'll use it as a giant toy commercial.

That Power Rangers short on the net shows how you can update the material for a more mature style without losing what was special about the original, it just depends on if the filmmakers get it as well as he did or not.

the short sucked, it was power rangers in name only. I obviously know the budget was low but so was the budget for the original show. And Power rangers had Monsters, not mob guys. it was ridiculous.
If they went by the short then there would be No robots or no monsters. since that's not realistic... pretty hard to update the material for a mature style without losing those two things

2Edgy4Me...

Power Rangers doesn't need to take itself that seriously.

the plot could be serious (which is what they did in the first movie) and have better effects but you will always have to have the crazy monsters and crazy fights)

the first movie was not bad considering how silly the show was. I thought it was pretty good at the time. and just the right amount of serious

I hate the first film, the Zords were pygmies compared to the ones on the show... and I hated the recasting of Jason, Trini and Zack. But that was their choice, since Saban was nickle and diming everyone and they quit.

I just didn't like the use of CGI on the zords in the first movie, nineties CGI and not even the best, they just looked clearly fake, I'd have taken guys in suits like the show all day over that. The new movie should look better though, even with low budget CGI.

Oy vey...

G7rkxlu.png

It's like 50 feet tall, compared to the Zords from the show.... that were taller than skyscrapers.

m68bCx1.jpg

I like the show for what it was ("Wild Force" was the last season I cared about) and never thought of a feature-length reboot, so really don't know what to expect or what to want from such film. Then again, I liked "in Space" and "Lost Galaxy" the most overall.

You held out that long? I bailed out after Space was done.

I hate the first film, the Zords were pygmies compared to the ones on the show... and I hated the recasting of Jason, Trini and Zack. But that was their choice, since Saban was nickle and diming everyone and they quit.

I just didn't like the use of CGI on the zords in the first movie, nineties CGI and not even the best, they just looked clearly fake, I'd have taken guys in suits like the show all day over that. The new movie should look better though, even with low budget CGI.

Oy vey...

G7rkxlu.png

the CGI is the only problem but it was the hot new tech at the time :lol

I was just saying the movie was a little bit more serious than the show (at least for the power rangers story) the villains were just as goofy. but the short is really awful in that grittiness sense

They went more serious with Lord Zedd, until the parents complained.

I bailed after they replaced Kimberly, I didn't care much for Rocky and the gang, at that point Tommy and Billy were the only originals left and Tommy alone couldn't hold the show for me and it just started having a much different feel to it all. Having Rito and the whole Rita-Zedd marriage just started getting intolerable too, Zedd was great, I loved when he came into the show, the design and portrayal were very entertaining. I wonder what Rita is like in the original versions, dubbing just made here a whiny ***** :lol

You held out that long? I bailed out after Space was done.
:lol

And glad I did, those seasons had a lot of good stuff.
Gave up caring at "Ninja Storm", it was incredibly stupid in a not funny way.
The basics of S.P.D. were very interesting and cool, but some stuff was just unbearable.
Then "Mystic Force" happened and I gave up completely.

:lol

And glad I did, those seasons had a lot of good stuff.
Gave up caring at "Ninja Storm", it was incredibly stupid in a not funny way.
The basics of S.P.D. are good, but some stuff was just unbearable.
Then "Mystic Force" happened and I gave up completely.

I think I gave Lost Galaxy a few watches and stopped. I'm not even remotely interested in ever getting back into it... unless they develop a new show that is a reboot based on the S1 cast and Zords that come from the film.

I tho it had cool concept overall.
And probably the only season where villains were written as interesting characters.

Nah, that's "in Space". The plan was to end the show with that season (due to how ****ty "Turbo" was) but it got so successful they've decided to continue.

Back