{ Roman General } ACI Toys 1/6 Warriors ACI08 *Anniversary Product*2012 Coming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NEW FIG !! ACI GEN Maximus

I think fair chance Iminime's upcoming Gladiator sculpt could top all that's come before, if it's anything like their Se7en sculpts

Maybe even the armour is better than this one - probably a good idea to wait and see the Iminime reveal before buying this.

I think fair chance Iminime's upcoming Gladiator sculpt could top all that's come before, if it's anything like their Se7en sculpts

Maybe even the armour is better than this one - probably a good idea to wait and see the Iminime reveal before buying this.

What? I should FINALLY get my Doc Holliday today and from the pics previously posted on Doc and his se7en portraits, I think there is no doubt that Iminime's will be better (however, price will greatly differ). Where is the info on Iminime's Gladiator? I can't believe I have missed this.

Not a "good idea" at all. If you have the resources to buy a Korean custom of this figure, you would be a fool to not buy the ACI one at $150-$200 (estimate) even if only keep it in the box as a back-up plan.

I will check out a better headsculpt to be sure, but I cannot believe the armour could be however many times "better" to match the price, which is certain to be triple or more relative to ACI's.

I'm pretty confident that iminime's will be better than ACI's release in the sculpt and especially the armor department. Denny is sparing no expense on the figure, as Maximus is one of his personal favorites. However because of that, the price/product will definitely cater to a different market than this ACI release (which is also fantastic IMO).

So a ballpark for Iminime's figure would be around $500-$700?

Not a "good idea" at all. If you have the resources to buy a Korean custom of this figure, you would be a fool to not buy the ACI one at $150-$200 (estimate) even if only keep it in the box as a back-up plan.

I will check out a better headsculpt to be sure, but I cannot believe the armour could be however many times "better" to match the price, which is certain to be triple or more relative to ACI's.

Well that, is just like, your opinion :lol

Just put it out there so some of you don't get burned by buying the ACI one now and then possibly seeing a better, albeit more expensive version a month later, and having to try and sell the ACI.

Does ACI stuff usually sell out really quick? Couldn't one theoretically just wait for Iminime to show theirs and then decide?

If the iminime Maximus doesn't include the general outfit I'll definitely buy this..!

Hey, when is iminime going to release their Maximus figure btw?

So a ballpark for Iminime's figure would be around $500-$700?

I would guess closer to the lower end of that range. Their Ra's is their most expensive figure yet at $320. Even if you add another $100 or $150 to that, still less than $500.

But just guessing.

I would guess closer to the lower end of that range. Their Ra's is their most expensive figure yet at $320. Even if you add another $100 or $150 to that, still less than $500.

But just guessing.

Thanks for that Void. I'd almost be happy for theirs to be $500 or more, as it'd put it beyond my budget well and truly and I wouldn't have to make the hard decision between the two. Under $500 though, and if Iminime's is around 20% better, I reckon I'd be prepared to pay the extra premium. It is Gladiator after all...

But just guessing.

If you analyse it, this figure has something like 20+ unique cast pieces (with probably 40+ cast pieces overall). It is so much more complex than the Ra's al Ghul set (which looks fabulous) that it is difficult to even compare them.

ACI now has experience doing these Roman sets, whilst iminime, for all their talent, have none. ACI stuff does sell out because they make some of the best clothing sets out there.

I am just saying that if you love this figure, go with the sure thing, instead of a theoretically "better" one that is not even officially announced.

The ACI figure might be hard to sell on this board, but not on eBay where a premium Maximus, even if better, will be out of people's price range.

If you analyse it, this figure has something like 20+ unique cast pieces (with probably 40+ cast pieces overall). It is so much more complex than the Ra's al Ghul set (which looks fabulous) that it is difficult to even compare them.

ACI now has experience doing these Roman sets, whilst iminime, for all their talent, have none. ACI stuff does sell out because they make some of the best clothing sets out there.

I am just saying that if you love this figure, go with the sure thing, instead of a theoretically "better" one that is not even officially announced.

The ACI figure might be hard to sell on this board, but not on eBay where a premium Maximus, even if better, will be out of people's price range.

Well that may be sound advice but then again you could always wait and see, pick up the ACI later if iminime isn't good enough / is too expensive :dunno

Either way - hope you Maximus folk get the figure you deserve one way or another :hi5:

This one's good enough for me. Beautiful armor at a price you can't beat. Nuff' said.

ACI has stepped up to the plate! :clap
What's next, Troy?

Back