{ Roman General } ACI Toys 1/6 Warriors ACI08 *Anniversary Product*2012 Coming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NEW FIG !! ACI GEN Maximus

We're not all of the same stock. Some people might be unnerved by the prospect of being made into a very realistic toy to be "manhandled" by boys and girls playing out various fantasied.

And yes, to us these might be collectibles, but to them they're just expensive toys or, worse, fetish dolls :)

I hear ya and I get that. I think (but dont know for sure) even Olivia Wilde didn't let spinmaster have her likeness rights for the small 3.75" Tron Legacy figures for the very reasons you stated so they went with the helmet she wore in the film. I know it was a rumour for awhile but don't know if it was confirmed of not.

Guys, guys, you mean you didn't know that realistic miniature toys trap the soul in the afterlife? I thought you knew about 1/6 juju!

Nah, the only way he'd approve it is if Ridley Scott were directing the headsculpt. I can see him now going "it's got strands of cinematic DNA from Crowe, it's in the same universe."

I hear ya and I get that. I think (but dont know for sure) even Olivia Wilde didn't let spinmaster have her likeness rights for the small 3.75" Tron Legacy figures for the very reasons you stated so they went with the helmet she wore in the film. I know it was a rumour for awhile but don't know if it was confirmed of not.

Seriously?? The only Tron figure I was hoping HT would make was Quorra!

Seriously?? The only Tron figure I was hoping HT would make was Quorra!

Yea that's what I heard. But there was also another rumour that they just didn't get her approval for their initial 3.75" figure and one with her likenes was supposed to be for series 2 yet those figures didn't do well so series 2 just ended up being series 1 with just Jarvis added. There was also supposed to be a blue lighted Rinzler labeled as Tron and some derezzed looking guards and Castor but they never saw the light of day either.

But then again, those were kids toys and just rumors. She might think differently with a High End collectible from HT or PF form SS and of course $$$

Where and when can I buy this?!

Where and when can I buy this?!

Here:
Cotswold Collectibles & Monkey Depot are the two places I know of for sure. I think ToyAnxiety and Viking Playground may also get them as well

they haven't gone up for PO yet as far I know but those are the usual suspects for the US. if you're elsewhere, you may want to look somewhere else to PO to avoid high shipping charges

Here:

they haven't gone up for PO yet as far I know but those are the usual suspects for the US. if you're elsewhere, you may want to look somewhere else to PO to avoid hi shipping charges

Thanks. :hi5:

Haven't seen any great Crowe likenesses but this one isn't bad - no home run, but decent enough to showcase that amazing armor.

The great thing is that from memory, ACI figs are somewhere around the lowest HT price point - around $150.

Haven't seen any great Crowe likenesses but this one isn't bad - no home run, but decent enough to showcase that amazing armor.

The great thing is that from memory, ACI figs are somewhere around the lowest HT price point - around $150.

Only reason why I would want to buy this figure, that armor/outfit!

Soldier Story released a DEVGRU figure I think, a couple years back with a Crowe likeness. In my mind it was really good - quite a few people used it to bash Maximus customs. But maybe the memory in my head is a lot better than how that sculpt really looked. I'll try dig up a pic someplace.

This is it, Hot Toys US NSW Desert Ops military figure, and yeh, it's not as good as I remember but mainly because of the paint app. The likeness is pretty good.

HT_NSW_FORCE_MOD1_GUNNER.jpg

2349754834_d0e3e61888.jpg

2348817653_99ae3b0585.jpg

2348816133_a23aec9426.jpg

is this headplay's Russell Crowe sculpt??
if so, not bad IMO, better than the one that comes with this ACI figure. The beard just needs to be darkened up

Yes, It's Headplay sculpt.
I agree with you,need repaint for the beard.

What a beautiful figure. A must buy!

I have Spenser's Gladiator armour kit, but the amount of sanding, sculpting tweaks and filling of air bubbles is so great that I just keep pushing it aside.

Back