{ Roman General } ACI Toys 1/6 Warriors ACI08 *Anniversary Product*2012 Coming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NEW FIG !! ACI GEN Maximus

heres the Kings Toys sculpt i used..Eyes need a repaint, but the sculpt right on for a maximus...
IMAG0110.jpg

IMG_8049.jpg

From the pics I've seen the KT sculpt looks like it has a bit of Daniel Craig in there. Crowe is more of a melonhead, and his eyes a bit heavier hooded. The ACI sculpt may be less accurate overall, but captures Crowe as Maximus more successfully imo.

From the pics I've seen the KT sculpt looks like it has a bit of Daniel Craig in there. Crowe is more of a melonhead, and his eyes a bit heavier hooded. The ACI sculpt may be less accurate overall, but captures Crowe as Maximus more successfully imo.

Speaking of melons is the cat in your current avatar, a very popular one the Interwebs, wearing some sort of melon or is that more like a pomelo? :monkey1

That's pretty big coin for a sculpt that doesn't quite come up to HT standard. At least at that price there'll still be plenty left in stock to wait and compare Inimime's version in June.

Good lord, people seem determined to dislike or dismiss this figure.

Custom artists on this board have a lot of flops. ACI's Russell Crowe is as good as many of the weak sculpts people gush over from custom artists on this board. I do not want to name names, but people pay fourth times as much for figures with glaring flaws.

Good lord, people seem determined to dislike or dismiss this figure.

Custom artists on this board have a lot of flops. ACI's Russell Crowe is as good as many of the weak sculpts people gush over from custom artists on this board. I do not want to name names, but people pay fourth times as much for figures with glaring flaws.

:exactly::exactly::exactly:

That's pretty big coin for a sculpt that doesn't quite come up to HT standard. At least at that price there'll still be plenty left in stock to wait and compare Inimime's version in June.

Brian from ACI said they're making them from the number of pre-orders so there won't be a lot of left overs. :dunno

Did he say when the preorders list will end? I stand by what I said earlier... I really like this figure, but this summer is going to be hard with all the avengers, tdkr, enterbay men in black, and who knows what else.

Brian from ACI said they're making them from the number of pre-orders so there won't be a lot of left overs. :dunno

To be honest part of me would love to see the customiser fanboys get burned on this one. You have a gorgeous looking figure you are all but certain to get if you preorder it versus a to date unannounced custom figure.

I will be deeply impressed if iminime can offer a figure of comparable, let alone better quality, because in terms of the complexity of the outfit, it will be the most complex custom figure ever offered on this board by some margin.

Oh. Thanks for the info. It is up there in terms of price, but I'm happy enough with it overall to PO. It just would have been nice to be able to compare both figures and decide which was the one to get.

Edit: November release according to member Aztec on OSW, and an ES of 1500; though Bryan of ACI says that the ES will be determined by PO numbers. He also says that these sets will have 'limited bodies'... as in specific to these sets and not made again? Hmm.

Last edited:
That shop says that its a limited release (1500) and they cannot guarantee availability which is silly since Brian (the owner of ACI) said on OSW that they'll make enough to cover the pre-orders.

Back