SYY TOYS NO.003 1/6 Scale The Warrior (Aragorn)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jk_blue_tiger

Super Freak
Reaction score
1 (2).jpg

2 (2).jpg

3.jpg

SYY TOYS NO.003 1/6 Scale The Warrior

Features:
Head sculpt *1
Figure body *1
Hands x1 pair
Shirt*1
Paint*1
Leather like jacket*1
Coat*1
Wrist band*1 pair
Shoes *1 pair
Necklace *1 pair
Waist belt*1
Torch*1
Sword*2(Metal)

More info & pics on OSK

The sculpt reminds me of the ACI one.

Now that's a ACI Aragorn in the photo!
I don't know how they gonna recast and paint the parts in the actual figure, but I wouldn't bet on this scam..

Jeez, what did they do, dig the ACI Aragorn out of the back of someone's closet? Not even an attempt to style the hair?

The worst thing about recasts, is that it's never some rare, or sought-after figures, it's always the obscure custom, or something like this. Like, if someone recast the Hot Toys Blade, I'd understand, but this .... :ohbfrank:

170 is a bit pricey for a KO considering it doesn’t included everything the ACI one came with like the bow and arrows, bed roll and black scarf thing. They also didn’t even attempt to replicate the sword belt. That said, if you really want the ACI but don’t want to pay the crazy aftermarket price, this could seem like a great deal. The hair does look bad, but so did the original ACI version when not properly futz/trimmed/styled.

Face sculpt reminds me of that Weta staff dude who kept popping up in scenes as a Laketown refugee extra in TBOTFA.

It’s definitely not the best, but there have been many repaints and futzing/rerooting done on that sculpt that has really brought the likeness out IMO. Obviously shouldn’t have to do that sort of thing, but it can really shine once done up right

Maybe when it's done by a company. But there are some really talented custom artists who root hair incredibly well that bring out a whole other level of realism to the headsculpts. You have to pay good money for it, but it many times, it can look better than sculpted when done correctly.

That hair looks like someone dragged it over the floor like a mop.

*Shrug* I fear no fiber-hair, coz I have the power of boiling water:frank and and Amazon Prime, where stuff like cheap sculpting tools can be purchased - lots of pointy things on sticks that are useful for 1/6 futzing.

This is one way to deal with Aragorn hair....and I PO'd. Some of the third party and custom stuff I've picked up - costume wise especially, is so good I suspect it's the same people who work for HT. It's a chance to get a Ranger, which I blew off at the time, being a Hobbit collector.

But, it's my favorite look for the character.

Well that video convinced me to preorder! This is my favorite look for the character and if the face sculpt is better in person that’s great too. If not I’ll have a new costume for Aragorn.

Well that video convinced me to preorder! This is my favorite look for the character and if the face sculpt is better in person that’s great too. If not I’ll have a new costume for Aragorn.
You realize that's the ACI in the video? I still have an ACI somewhere I need to pull out to sell. The sculpt on the knockoff looks pretty bad.

You realize that's the ACI in the video? I still have an ACI somewhere I need to pull out to sell. The sculpt on the knockoff looks pretty bad.
Yes I do, and not seeing much difference between the ACI and KO. Both seem to have gone overboard with the lines in the forehead, for one thing. But IMO some hair futzing will make a big difference, and so far I haven't seen a perfect 1/6 Aragorn sculpt anyway. Dunno what is so hard about Viggo's face except maybe having a high forehead doesn't translate to 1/6 easily.

I wanna grungy look for Ranger Aragorn, so having a KO to weather and grease up works fine for me. Anyway my point was, don't fear fiber-hair. A hot water treatment can work wonders on what I think is basically nylon fiber - soften it up. That was a good tip in the vid about posing stiff boots too.

Back