Robert Rodriguez's PREDATORS Movie Thread - SPOILERS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, I don't mind the new design of these Predators they look pretty sweet and I wonder which character will die in the film first???
I'm betting it's Danny Trejo's character

You win. :hi5:

predatorsset14.jpg

Here's my photo manip. I think it would look more "predatory" if the eyes weren't too far apart and "texturized" the skin details more.

bpmanip.jpg

Here's my photo manip. I think it would look more "predatory" if the eyes weren't too far apart and "texturized" the skin details more.

bpmanip.jpg

That looks much better!

I also made a quick photoshop of him with a 'crown'.
blah.png

That was the main thing that was bothering me and if they would have included that I would have been relatively happy with his face.

That looks much better!

I also made a quick photoshop of him with a 'crown'.
blah.png

That was the main thing that was bothering me and if they would have included that I would have been relatively happy with his face.

I'll admit...he looks MUCH better with a crown.

Here's another try. I used p1's crown with quills. I must say it looks 100x better. :)

bpmanip2.jpg

Someone try PhotoShopping the spider-ish picture. That one is the worst off IMO. Still, great on those! :)

SIGH. my faith in this movie is seriously diminishing.

wtf is with that so-called super predator's face? the design looks absolutely awful. there's just no design coherence and consistency to it, just looks like random influences and elements thrown together. for example, the eyes (esp the pupils) look like it's from one train of thought and the mandibles from an entirely different approach.

and it's almost as if the creature designers wanted to push the look of the predator species as far as they could, just for the sake of it.

i'm still willing to cut them some slack and wait til i see them in motion, but from the pictures alone, this a big let-down, esp after rodriguez claimed to honour the original film and stan winston's creations. his promises are beginning to remind me of mcG's PR babble when promoting terminator salvation, which turned out to be mostly empty talk.

SIGH.

Holy crap, MAJOR improvement! A bit weird, but it's definitely the crown that changes it all.

Do you guys think that maybe they can still change the predators appearance? Maybe they could update it with CGI. I'm just not digging the unmasked look. :(

But as a predator fan in me, I have no choice I'll still get the NECA & HT versions.

Here's without the crown. I just hope they fix the eye gap if they don't want to add a crown coz current one looks like a premature predator.

bpmanip3.jpg

Last edited:
I love it!!!!!!!

I can only imagine the maquettes that are going to come out of this movie....

Sideshow has its hands full for the next couple of years. I hope that the pieces will not cost $1000 like the previews maquettes. If they do a large ES like Iron Man 2, it might cost around $600 instead....

I really want the under-bite jaw predator guy....He is AWESOME!!!

40664105.jpg

Fingers crossed....

I love it!!!!!!!

I can only imagine the maquettes that are going to come out of this movie....

Sideshow has its hands full for the next couple of years. I hope that the pieces will not cost $1000 like the previews maquettes. If they do a large ES like Iron Man 2, it might cost around $600 instead....

I really want the under-bite jaw predator guy....He is AWESOME!!!

40664105.jpg

Fingers crossed....

His name's Mr. Black. I think he's the only one with an official name so far

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back