RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought that despite everything I had read I might still like it but not so as it turned out. Every criticism - both as far as the writing is concerned and all the nerdy stuff too - it was all completely right and it was all just too much. Too much wrong for the good to win out with this particular film. I think I'd rather watch Nemesis tbh.

Nemesis LOL. What a piece of crap. This review of Into Darkness is pretty hilarious and touches on a lot of my issues.
[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bWLGH0VHUVs[/ame]

Oz the great and powerful 6-10

Overall, I liked it. Enjoyed the witches but, my god, Franco really is a terrible actor.

Completely disagree. I think Franco is a great actor. I suggest you watch Milk and 127 hours.

I'd never sit through Nemesis again. Into Darkness, although merely average in my eyes, is a lot of fun at least. Nemesis. Oh, I think I like Insurrection better. I wouldn't know though. I'd seen both in theaters once and on VHS once.

Superman Returns ... 6.5/10.

I hadn't seen this in years -- though I've heard people complain about it a lot since then. It wasn't as bad as I recall. It is watchable. It is a complete failure as an attempted reboot. But, it actually works fairly well as an ending to the Donner trilogy ... Superman: The Movie; Superman II Donner Cut; Superman Returns.

There were some cool scenes in there -- the plane crash, the car catch, the Daily Planet globe. The suit looked great. The casting was great, with one notable exception. I liked Routh's Superman and Clark Kent ... though he was asked to do too much of a Reeve imitation to really make anything of it. Spacey's Lex Luthor was a little over-the-top on occasion ... still not sinister enough ... but a LOT better than Hackman. He's still no Rosenbaum. The side parts -- Perry White, Jimmy Olsen, Richard White, Miss Tessmacher (or whatever her name was in this) -- were all well cast.

The low points ...

The script wasn't very good at all. It seemed like Singer spent a lot of time thinking about the physics of flight, casting, the look of the costume, homages to Donner, and the overall ambiance of the movie ... and almost no time thinking about finding a story worth telling, or considering that he was making Superman into a weird jilted lover.

Lex Luthor's plan is stupid from top-to-bottom. Luthor is supposed to be a mastermind ... not Brain from Pinky and the Brain. The illegitimate son/ Superman-is-a-deadbeat-dad plotline was poorly conceived, and has no place in a Superman movie. And, they didn't even think ahead ... where do you go in a sequel? Superman's son sidekick? Kill him off and send Superman on a revenge quest? Complete mess.

Lois Lane is really the only casting trainwreck. Too young, and she can't act.

There are enough high points to make this watchable if you consider it closure to the Donner movies rather than a failed reboot attempt. As a reboot ... it is too Donner-dependent. As an end to the trilogy ... it fits well enough.

SnakeDoc

Hansel and Gretel Witch Hunters - 6.5/10

Fun premise but in desperate need of punchier dialogue. It's kinda like Army of Darkness without all of the memorable one-liners.

Just watched Escape from L.A for the first time. I've avoided it for years because I heard it was so bad.

Eh. It was OK. Not great. Had a few good moments. But for the most part, it was just a remake of the first. Kurt was great as Snake, so that was nice to watch. But the CGI was horrible, and the action was iffy at best because of it. I didn't hate it, but didn't like it either.

That basketball scene though...what the holy ****. Surfing scene doesn't come close to that one.

The surfing scene is probably about the only part of that movie I actually like, it's just so over the top and 80s. The hang gliders fit it nicely too even though the effects are really poor. The rest is a less interesting remake in every imaginable way. You cannot replace Donald Pleasance and Lee Van Cleef. I love John but this and village were a low water mark where his career prety much took a nose dive and never managed to recover.

Indeed. There was some good stuff. I never hated that surfing scene. It was what it was. But ultimately, it wasn't as bad as I thought, nor was it as interesting as I hoped.

Funniest part about the whole movie was the opening which said "2013- NOW" . Just odd that I waited so long to see it until the year the movie was set. :lol

Indeed. There was some good stuff. I never hated that surfing scene. It was what it was. But ultimately, it wasn't as bad as I thought, nor was it as interesting as I hoped.

Funniest part about the whole movie was the opening which said "2013- NOW" . Just odd that I waited so long to see it until the year the movie was set. :lol

It has the late great Stacy Keach in it. Outside of that it is horrible in every way. EVERY WAY.

Have you ever watched a movie that you had such hope for that you watched it all the way through and refused to give up hope until there was only about 15 minutes left of then you finished watching it because it didn't make sense to quit so close the the end?

Then you were probably watching "The Sixth Man".

3/10 - I expect much, much...MUCH more from any of the Wayans brothers.

Back