RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

Platoon: 9.5/10 Second time that I saw this film. And seeing that the first watch was at least 10 years ago, it was like seeing it for the first time. A great film!

Just watched "Halloween 2 " ( the recent one ) and quite surprised to say it's pretty good ! The original IS a classic ( I'm old enough to remember it 1st time round ) but the sequels all stank . This movie and it's predecessor are much better than the reviews and popular opinion would have you believe . I'm not saying that either are masterpieces , but both have an grim tone and brutality that sets them apart from the usual "teen friendly" fodder . Gruesome fun .

The Road: ???

Honestly I don't know what to rate it. On the one hand, it was miserable to watch. Just such a bleak, dreary story. But on the other hand it was very well done and I was interested in the world and what would happen to the characters.

Spoiler Spoiler:
...I would have rated it a zero.

Spoiler Spoiler:

The Road: ???

Honestly I don't know what to rate it. On the one hand, it was miserable to watch. Just such a bleak, dreary story. But on the other hand it was very well done and I was interested in the world and what would happen to the characters.

Spoiler Spoiler:
...I would have rated it a zero.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I absolutely loved the movie, and I loved the book. I found both to be just about the most emotionally compelling works I've experienced in a quite a while.
I will agree that they are harrowing, but thats the message. Life isn't meant to be easy, but for these characters it is exceptionally hard. It says as much about our feudal past as our dystopian future. I'd say 9/10 for me.

That's how I was thinking about it too, wookster--like our feudal past. But even in the past, I think communities and tribes were built and established more quickly than in the movie. I think that's what hit me worst about the scenario--that they were utterly alone and it was truly every man for himself.

Spoiler Spoiler:

That made their future seem the most bleak and hopeless.

But yes, I definitely appreciated it as a complex, thought provoking piece of cinema (and literature).

Spiderman 3 ... 7/10. Entertaining enough. Not nearly as good as 2, which I thought was the best of the trilogy.

SnakeDoc

I absolutely loved the movie, and I loved the book. I found both to be just about the most emotionally compelling works I've experienced in a quite a while.
I will agree that they are harrowing, but thats the message. Life isn't meant to be easy, but for these characters it is exceptionally hard. It says as much about our feudal past as our dystopian future. I'd say 9/10 for me

:goodpost::exactly::goodpost::exactly::goodpost:

But even in the past, I think communities and tribes were built and established more quickly than in the movie.

You've got a point there, but the difference is that in the world of The Road, there were no more resources for community's to draw from.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I will agree that they are harrowing, but thats the message. Life isn't meant to be easy, but for these characters it is exceptionally hard. It says as much about our feudal past as our dystopian future. I'd say 9/10 for me.
Yes!!! This is what I thought at the end of the movie. I never got around to the book, but I have been interested in trying it after watching the movie 3 times.

Spiderman 3 ... 7/10. Entertaining enough. Not nearly as good as 2, which I thought was the best of the trilogy.

SnakeDoc

:exactly: It wasn't a total train wreck, but more like a fender bender. I remember keeping up with the production on Superhero hype, and I actually think Raimi did alright with what Sony kept doing to him. 2 is one of my favorite Superhero movies. Just classic and has an awesome villain in it.

The Road is a masterpiece :lecture, it just isn't a film that many will want to watch; it is demanding and difficult and doesn't work well with our ADD culture ...

Squirrel! :panic:

Back