RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally sat down to watch Venom Let there be Carnage and Morbius, and I really don't understand all the hate Morbius got...

-Venom 2: it certainly does not improve on the few qualities of the first one, so yeah... a waste of talent (Hardy and Harrelson). The interaction between Eddie and Venom lost the charm of the first one, and the CGI was so bonkers that it just took me out of the movie (if ever it had me in). 3/10
- Morbius: I was surprisingly entertained. It was kinda refreshing that you didn't have to wait until halfway in to see mean Morbius in action, and while predictable, the villain was satisfyingly despicable. The visuals were interesting as well. I could see myself watching a sequel just for the hell of it. 6.5/10

Dr Strange : MOM: 5/10

This was the worst marvel film to be made, right up there with Thor DW.

Horrible mess of a plot, over done CGI, pretty bad acting also and about 40 minutes too long.

Sam Rami did not help.

I agree with Bruce Campbell, “Thank god thats over”.

Thor Love and Thunder - 9/10
It may not have been the best movie, and I have a feeling lots of people are divided on this, but I absolutely loved it! It had good character arcs, it had actual stakes and most importantly, it had heart. I've said it before, most movies nowadays don't make me feel anything anymore. You know, those moments with goosebumps from sheer awesomeness. This one did, so that made it special to me.

The Land Before Time - 7.5-10
I think this was the first time seeing this in maybe 25 years. Still a good watch. Shorter than I remembered, but it definitely held up. They don't make 'em like this anymore.

Godfather/Godfather Part 2 4K - one of the crowning achievements when it comes to cinema. Utterly perfect films in every sense. Looks fantastic in 4K.

Dreading the thought of watching the new cut of Part 3.

10/10

The Exorcist - 5 out of 5
Spider-Man: Far From Home - 3.5 out of 5
Out of Site - 4 out of 5
Edge of Tomorrow - 4 out of 5
Old School - 4 out of 5
Thor: Love and Thunder - 0.5 out of 5

Dr Strange : MOM: 5/10

This was the worst marvel film to be made, right up there with Thor DW.

Horrible mess of a plot, over done CGI, pretty bad acting also and about 40 minutes too long.

Sam Rami did not help.

I agree with Bruce Campbell, “Thank god thats over”.
Posted like someone who has not seen Thor: Love and Thunder yet :lol ;)

Was that from the new 4K disc? If so how was the quality? I actually checked Target the other day to see if they had any copies but it looks like they aren't carrying it in stores.
Solid but not life changing.

The sound was good though. It’s been a long time since I watched the blue ray so I’m not sure about how it compares.

Probably would have looked better had I not watched Far From Home before it. That film looked stunning.

Alien Resurrection - live-action Dark Horse comic/10

I dunno, maybe a 7? This guilty pleasure gets weirder every time I see it. On one hand, I don't consider it canon and it completely devalues Ripley's sacrifice at the end of Alien 3. On the other hand it's fun, well-made, undeniably ballsy, and you can take it or leave it since it's the last.

The toys were also awesome.

Alien Resurrection - live-action Dark Horse comic/10

I dunno, maybe a 7? This guilty pleasure gets weirder every time I see it. On one hand, I don't consider it canon and it completely devalues Ripley's sacrifice at the end of Alien 3. On the other hand it's fun, well-made, undeniably ballsy, and you can take it or leave it since it's the last.

The toys were also awesome.
Every time I watch it I do so hoping to come to some sort of....liking of it. Afterall, I went from being highly unsatisfied by Alien 3 in its early years to freaking loving it on par with the first two nowadays. Alas I can't seem to get there with Resurrection.

Related, the theatrical cut of Aliens was on TV last night and I decided to watch it - I really really noticed the absence of the Special Edition scenes. As with Alien 3 I find the longer cut so much better.

Of course it'd probably be too long for today's audiences, isn't that right James Cameron? (I'd share his snark when it came to Aliens though)

The Ice Road - 5/10
Liam Neeson is at it again in this action movie. This time his particular set of skills consists of driving a truck. Some of that driving takes place on an ice road. It's a bit of a convoluted story, but an ok watch if you're in for something mindless.

Related, the theatrical cut of Aliens was on TV last night and I decided to watch it - I really really noticed the absence of the Special Edition scenes. As with Alien 3 I find the longer cut so much better.

Of course it'd probably be too long for today's audiences, isn't that right James Cameron? (I'd share his snark when it came to Aliens though)
I can't even remember the last time I watched the theatrical cut of Aliens. It still works as a movie, but there's so much more depth to the special edition. I'm generally not a fan of extended cuts as they often hurt the pacing, but the SE for Aliens makes it a perfect film. You get so much more depth and the film's pacing actually benefits from a slower (yet still substantial) start.

I can't even remember the last time I watched the theatrical cut of Aliens. It still works as a movie, but there's so much more depth to the special edition. I'm generally not a fan of extended cuts as they often hurt the pacing, but the SE for Aliens makes it a perfect film. You get so much more depth and the film's pacing actually benefits from a slower (yet still substantial) start.
SE Aliens all the way. So perfect.

Every time I watch it I do so hoping to come to some sort of....liking of it. Afterall, I went from being highly unsatisfied by Alien 3 in its early years to freaking loving it on par with the first two nowadays. Alas I can't seem to get there with Resurrection.

294596968_5258639974243890_1695649904459396466_n.jpg

:chase

Back