RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Kill Team - 5/10
Definitely not the worst movie, but I found it to be a bit lacking and it failed to fully grip my attention. Alexander Skarsgard did a good job as usual.

Pig 8/10
really terrific Nic Cage film. Nice to see him do something this different.

Ford v Ferrari 9/10
Adore this film. Possibly my personal favorite thing Christian Bale has done.

Young Sherlock Holmes 8/10
Another personal favorite. Introduced to my son who loved it. Both of us gutted they never did a sequel.

Many Saints Of Newark 6/10
Massively massively disappointing. Some great performances, some truly awful ones and it just lurches from fan service moment to fan service moment with nary a thought for story or character.

A Million Ways to Die in the West: 5/10
It's a bad movie, but somehow I always find it to be a fun watch. I had bit a rough week so I needed some mindless comedy.

The Quick and the Dead. 6/10

Some great acting from many. LOVE Lance Hendrickson…..

Maybe one of onlyhandful of films from the time to switcheroo the hero to female at the end…..its projected a mile away though.

Overall simple story, becoming a comedy due to Sam Rami’s over the top directing.

The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do it - 6.5/10
I think the step away from the haunted house formula was refreshing. It wasn't as scary though as the previous installments. Nevertheless I enjoyed it. Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga have great chemistry like always.

Synchronic 6/10
Watchable but a bit of a mess. It’s not sure what it wants to be but I always enjoy Anthony Mackie, he’s the best thing about it.

Kate 6.5/10
Fairly generic Netflix action film with a ridiculous amount of violence. Mary Elizabeth Winsted is absolutely terrific though. Better than most of the other recent female lead action films simply because she’s so good.

12 Angry Men (1957)

Thought it was OK. I mean...it's realllllly old. I only watched it cause I'm trying to get around to "classics" that every cinephile should see, and I'd never seen it.

13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi - 8/10
I really like this movie. Great intense action and you can actually see what's happening, which isn't always the case in Bay films. Also a solid group of actors doing a good job.

Lone Survivor - 8/10
Hadn't seen this movie in years. A great movie about a mission gone terribly wrong.

The Founder - 6.5/10
It was by no means a bad movie, but I really didn't like the main character. I know that's the point of the film and the whole business isn't personal angle, but man... not a movie for me. I wouldn't be a good businessman.

A Haunting at the Rectory - 3/10
This has to be one of the weirdest and dumbest movies I've ever seen. It was some British production with only like four actors that was supposed to be a horror movie. Turned out it was some love-triangle story, with a ghost walking around in one or two scenes. Everything was too slow in the movie, even the waythe actors talked.

Green Zone - 7/10
A solid movie. Matt Damon does a good job as usual. I remember seeing this in the cinema when it came out. Didn't quite like it back then but I don't remember why. I guess it comes down to age and expectations, because I quite liked it.

Harry Potter and the Prisoner Of Azkaban 8/10
Maybe not quite as good as I remember it, but still one of the best of the series

Inglourious Basterds 9/10
Flat out outstanding film. One of QT’s very best.

Pumpkinhead 7/10
Another film I have fond memories of but doesn’t live up to my previous recollections. Still, it has Lance Henriksen, tons of atmosphere and terrific creature design.

The Thing 2011 0/10
Just no.

The Quick and the Dead 8/10
I’m sure I’ve seen this film before but clearly I didn’t see it very well. Just a tremendous amount of fun. The cast is just stacked and fantastic, Stone was never better than here, but the star is Raimi who pulls out every single trick in his magic bag.

Chip 'N Dale: Rescue Rangers - 6.5/10
This was actually a pretty fun watch. Loved all the cameos. I'm sure I must've missed some.

Top Gun Maverick - 9/10
I absolutely loved it! I was afraid I hyped myself up too much during the last two years of COVID postponements, but it didn't just meet my expectations, it exceeded them. The film felt real. When seeing the actors in the jets and the jets perform these amazing feats you know it's pretty much the real deal. The fact that it's no CGI fest makes it feel very refreshing and made it all the more amazing to watch. I think this will be a true modern day classic.

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood - 7/10
It was a lot different than I expected. I tought it would be a biography on Mr. Rogers, but this was not the case. It was a bit of a chore to get into, but when I did it was a pretty good watch.

The Happening - 1/10
It was the first time I watched this movie. I heard it was bad, but I was kinda curious nonetheless. At least my expectations weren't high. But man, this truly was bad. It's hard to grasp why this movie was ever greenlit. This must be one of the dumbest stories ever. Characters having to outrun the wind? Yeah... it doesn't work like that. The character interactions felt forced and weird, with some strange dialogues. I mean, who talks like that to eachother? The characters' motives where just all over the place and didn't make sense oftentimes. This is quite possibly one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

Sicario: Day of the Soldado - 7/10
I was pleasantly surprised by this. For some reason I had it in my head that this was an inferior sequel. While it wasn't as good as the first one, it certainly wasn't bad and quite an entertaining watch.

Those Who Wish Me Dead - 7/10
I really like the work of Taylor Sheridan, but this one felt a bit lacking to be honest. I enjoyed it, but compared to his other works this one wasn't as strong. Which is a shame, because I really liked the character of Angeline Jolie and I'd love to see more of that character's story. Whereas now it's this convoluted film which throws an completely unrelated storyline at her character which felt a bit off to be honest. Ofcourse that storyline is there to make her come to terms with the past and is supposed to be cathartic and whatnot, but that could've been achieved with another plotline that didn't feel so disjointed. Still, like I said, I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Candyman (2021) - 7/10
I liked it. Haven't seen the original since God knows how long, so I was a bit worried about not remembering all the details, but this film did a good job to make it accessible for people who haven't seen the original (or haven't seen it in a long time). Which, I guess, is necessary when making a sequel a couple of decades after the original. So yeah, definitely a good choice if you're a fan of the genre and got about an hour and a half to spare.

Pig - 5/10
It was kind of a chore to get through this. Definitely not your average Cage flick. It wasn't a bad film, but it was very, very slow and felt quite surreal at times. This could be one of those films that gets better with more viewings, but for me it'll most likely be a while before I'll watch this again.

Back