RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Class of 1984: 7.5/10

Very solid movie, that is hard to categorize. You might initially think it's a Lean On Me type story of a teacher overcoming the odds and convincing students to do the right thing and get on the right track, but that is definitely not the case. Roddy McDowell finds out that there is a way to get students to learn, but. . .

0*yg4V1DMwPAJUHDsj.jpg

Well acted, well directed, and really intense at times. Also Michael J. Fox's first film role I think. Worth checking out.

Next of Kin (1982): 7/10

Extremely well made movie. Good cinematography and acting, and does a good job of keeping the audience guessing. The ending is amazing, and it has a great idea to set a horror movie in an old folks' home. However, the slow pace of the movie to that point brings it down a bit for me.

Dune: 9/10
Denis is the new master at world building and art direction. Skips ALOT of great stuff in the books, but managed to keep the heart of the journey and the characters true.

I agree with Aquaman, we need a 4 hour cut of this film.

The Ninth Gate - 8/10
I love this film. It's not horror, while it has all the ingredients, but it is a really solid mystery thriller in my opinion. I love the atmosphere and occult stuff and especially those woodcarvings. Those things are very intriguing.

I have a list of un watched movies I have been catching up with, just got done with Clive’s Barkers Nightbreed.

I had just finished Willy’s Wonderland(8/10) but I bought Nightbreed after reading about it on a book about the hellraiser movies and reading the distaste of Clive over it.

I have to agree I just got robbed 90 minutes of my life to be honest, what threw me off was Danny Elfman’s score, lolol I felt like Batman was going to show up at any moment but seriously the score felt too Batman Returns-ish even. I have no idea what it was trying to do but 3/10

Ghostbusters Afterlife - 8.5/10
Sometimes it was silly, sometimes cheesy even a bit cringy at one point, but man this was an awesome watch. A while back I commented in my rating for Dune that I didn't experience feelings and emotions anymore like I used to when going to the cinema, but this film pulled it off.
Now of course that's it's gimmick. It really is a fanservice to the people who grew up with the original Ghostbusters films and it relies heavily upon the nostalgia that comes with it. But I'd say in this bleak day and age with worldwide pandemics and everything that comes with it, it surely was a very welcome feeling of nostalgia.
Hands down the best theatre experience of the last 2 years for me.

Ghostbusters Afterlife - 8.5/10
Sometimes it was silly, sometimes cheesy even a bit cringy at one point, but man this was an awesome watch. A while back I commented in my rating for Dune that I didn't experience feelings and emotions anymore like I used to when going to the cinema, but this film pulled it off.
Now of course that's it's gimmick. It really is a fanservice to the people who grew up with the original Ghostbusters films and it relies heavily upon the nostalgia that comes with it. But I'd say in this bleak day and age with worldwide pandemics and everything that comes with it, it surely was a very welcome feeling of nostalgia.
Hands down the best theatre experience of the last 2 years for me.
Agreed. 🙌

The post credits scene has got me excited for what potentially comes next. 👍

Knives Out - 8.5/10
I think this is the last appropriate Daniel Craig film my son can watch. Will have to wait a couple of years before Layer Cake.
I’ve watched this a bunch of times and it never gets old. I’m still astounded Marta is Paloma from No Time To Die.

Back