RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It has been on my watchlist as well since it was available. Decided I'd watch it with it being Halloween and all. I chose poorly. :lol
yPseOg.gif

The Guilty - 6/10
I found this one hard to rate. Gyllenhaal is amazing and did a great job carrying this film from the same location. All the ingredients were there to make a great thriller, but somehow it didn't quite work for me. I didn't like his character all that much. I get it's part of his arc during this film, but it made him a really hard character to symphatize and identify with. If he'd been just a bit friendlier with his coworkers for instance it would've been quite different, I suppose.

The Guilty - 6/10
I found this one hard to rate. Gyllenhaal is amazing and did a great job carrying this film from the same location. All the ingredients were there to make a great thriller, but somehow it didn't quite work for me. I didn't like his character all that much. I get it's part of his arc during this film, but it made him a really hard character to symphatize and identify with. If he'd been just a bit friendlier with his coworkers for instance it would've been quite different, I suppose.
It was an OK film (so a 5/10) - I've not seen the original to compare. Gyllenhaal's performance elevates the story. Can't say I'll ever watch it again.

Willy's Wonderland - 5.5/10

A hard film to review. If you decide to watch this film you pretty much know what type of ride you're in for - Nic Cage fighting evil animatronic animals!

It's exactly how you imagine it to be, Cage playing Cage and some bad acting from others. Probs worthy of a 3/10 however it does have something quirky going for it. :lol

I regret not experiencing this film in the cinema. Looks and sounds incredible and is just a brilliant film/ sequel. 🙌
While it was a great film tot see in the cinema, while watching it yesterday I realised that in the cinema it suffered from a problem. Interestingly, Dune had that same problem.
I think the sound was way too much in the cinema. So much that it drowned the score out. You have the score which includes these very deep sounds, combined with flying spinners and advertisements in the city. I remember it being really loud, at the time. While watching it at home (on a surround set) the whole sound was much more layered and everything was more distinctly noticeable instead of just a whole lot of noise.

I think Dune had the same issue. When rating Dune I mentioned that the score didn't sound like I hoped it would. When I listened to it on Spotify it was a perfectly good score. I remembererd for instance the scene in the beginning where the Atreides ships are rising from the ocean, it was just a wall of sound being projected into the cinema.

Now I wonder, is this what Villeneuve wants or is it just the cinema which has the sound turned up way too high and unbalanced? :unsure:

simpsons-movies.gif

While it was a great film tot see in the cinema, while watching it yesterday I realised that in the cinema it suffered from a problem. Interestingly, Dune had that same problem.
I think the sound was way too much in the cinema. So much that it drowned the score out. You have the score which includes these very deep sounds, combined with flying spinners and advertisements in the city. I remember it being really loud, at the time. While watching it at home (on a surround set) the whole sound was much more layered and everything was more distinctly noticeable instead of just a whole lot of noise.

I think Dune had the same issue. When rating Dune I mentioned that the score didn't sound like I hoped it would. When I listened to it on Spotify it was a perfectly good score. I remembererd for instance the scene in the beginning where the Atreides ships are rising from the ocean, it was just a wall of sound being projected into the cinema.

Now I wonder, is this what Villeneuve wants or is it just the cinema which has the sound turned up way too high and unbalanced? :unsure:

simpsons-movies.gif
Think it's more of a case of cinemas turning the volume up to full. Sound is always hit and miss in cinemas.

Back