RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

Terminator Dark Fate. 5/10

I know this one got absolutely hammered with good reason:

1) Rehash that never should have been made
2) Wimpy looking villain
3) Strained narrative

But, it did keep things moving a long, the actors seem to be working hard - wasn't the worst thing I'd ever seen.

Unlike Inhumans which while not a movie - kept waiting for it to get better. It never did. -9/10. Gets 1 point for some nice shots of Hawaii.
Absolutely on the list of worst, most embarrassing efforts across the board - *&^% performances, ugly sets and costumes, awful script. I wish Karl Urban had showed up and just mowed everyone down like corn. Or John Wick. Or the Mandalorian.:Flush

Superman Returns: 8/10. Yeah it?s a nostalgia grabbing reboot , but it?s done so well. Spacey is a great Luther. The only rough side was the kid, he was like on Valium the whole movie.
No sure why is gets so much hate.

Master and Commander: 9/10. Guilty pleasures of a film, which we got a sequel to it. Really excellent historical look at sailing in the late 1800.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's guilty pleasure about Master and Commander? I thought that was a good film by any standard. I love sea-faring movies and TV - I highly recommend Black Sails.

Superman Returns is nicely done in many respects. Visuals and score are great....it's just too damn slow-paced. I literally fall asleep watching it.

Terminator Dark Fate. 5/10

I know this one got absolutely hammered with good reason:

1) Rehash that never should have been made
2) Wimpy looking villain
3) Strained narrative

But, it did keep things moving a long, the actors seem to be working hard - wasn't the worst thing I'd ever seen.

In its own right it's competent and entertaining. Mainly I just despise what it does to Terminator canon and as such I do not accept it. But I can watch it. As I can watch Genisys. So I might call those guilty pleasure movies.

The Lost Boys: 8/10. Usually kicks off my Horror Halloween month long marathon. It?s aging out for me now.....but I can watch Kiefers scenes all day.

What's guilty pleasure about Master and Commander? I thought that was a good film by any standard. I love sea-faring movies and TV - I highly recommend Black Sails.

Superman Returns is nicely done in many respects. Visuals and score are great....it's just too damn slow-paced. I literally fall asleep watching it.

In its own right it's competent and entertaining. Mainly I just despise what it does to Terminator canon and as such I do not accept it. But I can watch it. As I can watch Genisys. So I might call those guilty pleasure movies.

Yeah, on it's own Dark Fate is alright. Some Mary Sue dynamics - I just ignore altering canon. Movies like Dark Fate to me aren't canon; they are fleas hanging on the big dog. Like the Alien and Predator re-treads. Or Jaws 3. It's like fan fiction. May or may not be entertaining.

The Lost Boys: 8/10. Usually kicks off my Horror Halloween month long marathon. It?s aging out for me now.....but I can watch Kiefers scenes all day.

:rock Love that flick. Just watched it the past weekend -- my girlfriend had never seen it before!

:rock Love that flick. Just watched it the past weekend -- my girlfriend had never seen it before!

I've been in a cave, forty days
Only your sparks, to light my way
I wanna give out, I wanna give in
This is our crime, This is our Sin
[Chorus]
But I still believe, through the pain
Through the grief, through the lies
Through the storms, through the Cries
Through the wars, Oh I still believe
Still believe, I still believe...

An anthem for this year.:(

But yeah, Lost Boys IMO is CLASSIC, u did ur girlfriend a favor. Maybe I'll rewatch Predator for Halloween, just to hear Arnold tell the Predator he's one ugly mother*&^%$:cool:

Fury Road: 10/10. Nothing more to say.

Godzilla King of Monsters. 6/10 :Ah what could have been. Take away the entire human story and it?s a fun monster flick. But the committee driven cast and story just makes it miserable. They need to give a Godzilla film to a competent director and keep the popcorn summer blockbuster cliches out of it.

Underworld. 7/10: What we have here is a pretty good story marred by attempts to copycat of other popular films.

Take out the Matrix copy beginning, lose the whole Interview with a Vampire clothing aesthetic, and stock to the core story and they might have pulled of a pretty great film.

Also some terrible acting in this thing, shame because the story has some great ideas, they were just overshadowed and convoluted by fluff and action.

It's Arnie season on Film4 in the UK/Ireland and I saw The Last Stand yesterday for the first time. Not bad at all. I'll give it a 7/10

I also saw Commando and Red Heat in full for possibly the first time ever. I think I'll go 6/10 for those. Perhaps I'd rate them higher if I'd grown up watching them but for whatever reason I didn't catch them much - or at all - when they were younger films.

My favourite Arnie movies

The Terminator
Terminator 2
Predator
Total Recall
The Running Man
Kindergarten Cop
True Lies
The Last Action Hero

These are all minimum 8/10 for me.

I know his other big movies include Conan The Barbarian, Twins, Jingle All the Way, and Batman & Robin. Although his appearance in Conan is iconic the movie itself never resonated with me for some reason and as such I rate Conan The Destroyer pretty much alongside it (Jye will be disgusted if he reads that). Jingle All the Way I've never seen and the other two I haven't seen in many years and were not movies I persistently watched back in the day.

I've definitely never seen Collateral Damage, Sabotage, Maggie, Junior or Raw Deal at all. I've seen only bits of Eraser and End of Days.

Meanwhile he's not really the starring role in The Expendables movies or Escape Plan - I consider them closer to being Stallone movies.

It's Arnie season on Film4 in the UK/Ireland and I saw The Last Stand yesterday for the first time. Not bad at all. I'll give it a 7/10

I also saw Commando and Red Heat in full for possibly the first time ever. I think I'll go 6/10 for those. Perhaps I'd rate them higher if I'd grown up watching them but for whatever reason I didn't catch them much - or at all - when they were younger films.

My favourite Arnie movies

The Terminator
Terminator 2
Predator
Total Recall
The Running Man
Kindergarten Cop
True Lies
The Last Action Hero

These are all minimum 8/10 for me.

I know his other big movies include Conan The Barbarian, Twins, Jingle All the Way, and Batman & Robin. Although his appearance in Conan is iconic the movie itself never resonated with me for some reason and as such I rate Conan The Destroyer pretty much alongside it (Jye will be disgusted if he reads that). Jingle All the Way I've never seen and the other two I haven't seen in many years and were not movies I persistently watched back in the day.

I've definitely never seen Collateral Damage, Sabotage, Maggie, Junior or Raw Deal at all. I've seen only bits of Eraser and End of Days.

Meanwhile he's not really the starring role in The Expendables movies or Escape Plan - I consider them closer to being Stallone movies.
Given what you enjoy I'd definitely say check out Jingle All the Way and also the 6th day is decent enough if you haven't seen it. Both fun movies.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Rewatched my a Blu-ray of Aliens.....it?s not aged well.....

Dunno if I am growing tired of it or what....

Dropped from a solid 9/10 to a 7/10 for me....

Dunno if I am growing tired of it or what....

Could be that. At one point I'd been watching each of the Alien films once a year and my second-to-last viewing of Aliens got a bit tiresome by the end.

Then I took a break for several years, started craving it, and watched Aliens again about a month ago. Had a great time. Sometimes a movie just doesn't hit you the way it ought, could be a mood thing or needing a break.

Could be that. At one point I'd been watching each of the Alien films once a year and my second-to-last viewing of Aliens got a bit tiresome by the end.

Then I took a break for several years, started craving it, and watched Aliens again about a month ago. Had a great time. Sometimes a movie just doesn't hit you the way it ought, could be a mood thing or needing a break.

A lot of it was the effects. I remember in the theater being blown away with them. The drop ship now looks awful, every scene. The outdoor flying shots are so obvious models, and the rear screen projection is just laughable.

The acting just doesn?t sit well any more to me.

I loved this film.but it seems way more dated than other pics of the time like ET.

Would be awesome if they went back and updated the effects in this .

Doctor Sleep - 6/10

Above average. I was kind of loss half way through the film. Maybe I was expecting more of a sequel to The Shinning and felt disappointed with the route they took.

?Innocence of Muslims?

The Week

They?re not bad movies, per se. Some of them are even pretty decent. But their work as movies depends on either incredible amateurism or extraordinary contrivance. The characters aren?t so much acting as being played.

Back