Rank your favorite ALIEN.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Favorite xenomorph?

• ALIEN

Votes: 239 42.5%
  • ALIENS

Votes: 256 45.5%
  • ALIEN 3

Votes: 48 8.5%
  • Alien Resurrection

Votes: 20 3.6%

• Total voters
:goodpost::clap

:goodpost::clap

I know I'm in the tiny minority, but I hate the original alien design.I also hate the "eye" sockets visible underneath the front of the dome.

Man you can't be serious :rotfl

By far the best ALIEN design!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I am serious. I get people's love for the original design. I'm just not a fan of it myself...for reasons I've stated a couple of posts ago. :)

I understand that it's supposed to resemble a man. It's the "man in a suite" look/pose that I usually don't like about it. A big part of it has to do with a lot of the poses for the various figures. They're rarely ever engaging or dynamic. Often, it's just standing there.
Exactly. That's what makes Giger's Alien unique. It wasn't just another random movie monster..it was somthing we had NEVER seen before.

It wasn't supposed to creep around like a Velociraptor or somthing..it was alien.

I can't believe I'm even reading negative comments about the original alien design. We all have our favourites but the original will always be best.

I understand that it's supposed to resemble a man. It's the "man in a suite" look/pose that I usually don't like about it. A big part of it has to do with a lot of the poses for the various figures. They're rarely ever engaging or dynamic. Often, it's just standing there.

One could view that as something that may have added to the freakiness of the original alien. Michael Myers-esque. Sinister.

The Alien in the original movie was sooooo slow moving. Its almost like if you wanted to outrun it all you needed to do was walk at a brisk pace. The only time it showed speed was when it was pacman on the motion detector in the ventilation. If anything it uses its preys frozen with fear reaction in order to nab them rather than hunting them down. Which would explain why it pulled a peek-a-boo face most of the time when face to face with a crew member.

Which is why i rather like Aliens onwards because it was a chase. Especially Alien 3. And the first AVP if you count it. Thoes Aliens didnt ____ around for theatrics.

The Alien in the original movie was sooooo slow moving. Its almost like if you wanted to outrun it all you needed to do was walk at a brisk pace. The only time it showed speed was when it was pacman on the motion detector in the ventilation. If anything it uses its preys frozen with fear reaction in order to nab them rather than hunting them down. Which would explain why it pulled a peek-a-boo face most of the time when face to face with a crew member.

Which is why i rather like Aliens onwards because it was a chase. Especially Alien 3. And the first AVP if you count it. Thoes Aliens didnt ____ around for theatrics.

You make a good point.
However I think I like both Alien and Aliens Warrior the same. As they are slightly different creatures. Giger's design of course is amazing and so for that the Alien from Alien will have slight edge in terms of design.

I think in a lot of ways that the actual design of the alien suit was the reason for the slowness. There were many advances in FX from Alien to Aliens. They worked with what they had in 1979 and I think that hindered the creature's movement.

Probably so. The tail whip we saw it do to Parker when he was trying to flank it was probably the most that could of been gotten out of the suit in terms of speed. But we do know the suit was very flexible. It undergone much crawling and squatting. Maybe it just was not durable enough to be able to run without the legs ripping up. But thats looking back with hindsight to what we know the creature is capable of. When i watch Alien i keep in my mind that they had no clear idea of what the creature was supposed to behave like. Thats why it was so ambiguous from scene to scene. And one minute its killing the crew the next minute its kidnapping them. One minute its like a cat in the air shafts the next its like a immobile power house with lots of strength but no agility.

Probably so. The tail whip we saw it do to Parker when he was trying to flank it was probably the most that could of been gotten out of the suit in terms of speed. But we do know the suit was very flexible. It undergone much crawling and squatting. Maybe it just was not durable enough to be able to run without the legs ripping up. But thats looking back with hindsight to what we know the creature is capable of. When i watch Alien i keep in my mind that they had no clear idea of what the creature was supposed to behave like. Thats why it was so ambiguous from scene to scene. And one minute its killing the crew the next minute its kidnapping them. One minute its like a cat in the air shafts the next its like a immobile power house with lots of strength but no agility.

I think the alien in the first movie didn't have to run.
Where the hell would they go? And it did seem to know its way around the ship pretty well. There was no need to make a "monster" movie with the "monster" running its prey down. That was not the vibe of the movie or the creature.
Still, whenever it had to move fast, it did. Off-screen, and it worked fantastically well.

I think the alien in the first movie didn't have to run.
Where the hell would they go? And it did seem to know its way around the ship pretty well. There was no need to make a "monster" movie with the "monster" running its prey down. That was not the vibe of the movie or the creature.
Still, whenever it had to move fast, it did. Off-screen, and it worked fantastically well.

That's my point. You didn't see it move fast because I don't think, logistically, that the suit could.

WTH. How have I never seen these deleted scenes that are on the DVD quadrilogy extras? I was only aware of the bits Ridley restored for his directors cut

Cool, huh? :hi5:

Just watched the longish scene where the whole crew minus Kane argue over what to do about the Alien, at this point where they assume its still the small thing that burst out of his chest. One uninterrupted sequence, camera stays in one place with everyone in the frame. So simple but utterly unlike anything you'd see in a modern film.

Back