Rainmans next project: the girl possessed.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rainman wants you!

img1518zt.jpg

Been done already

Would you buy a Rainman sculpted version of it though?

He says he wants a challenge to his sculpting ability so there are 3 characters I think would be perfect for the challenge.

1) The Elephant Man
2) Dracula (Oldman)
Or
Dracula (Young Red Armour)
3) Dark Helmet

Last edited:

Lee would kill this set. This would be an amazing shelf.

11201857_10100381255369206_1595019501235575125_n.jpg

Lets get this done guys. Enough cult killers lets get back to the Pee Wee, Stuart and Wonka types.

Last edited:

Yes Spenser and MG did Dark Helmet both very limited, but no offense to them Lee would make an amazing Dark Helmet! His accessories alone would be amazing, the dolls, coffee cup, crush helmet, sand gear, schwartz ring ignited and not, DX Yogurt, etc. Plus it would be such a change for him to do a comedic character like this and he would nail the helmet, glasses, sculpt. Just my 2cents but it would definitely be a breath of fresh air.

I don't try and push my own agenda often, i.e. other rainman suggestions especially music I encourage even though I 100% have no interest but I really want to see this made.

He says he wants a challenge to his sculpting ability so there are 3 characters I think would be perfect for the challenge.

1) The Elephant Man
2) Dracula (Oldman)
Or
3) Dark Helmet

This would be interesting to see.

I'd prefer characters that are harder to get a hold of and haven't been offered before
Dracula red armor can be done easy, there is vinyl kit available. And there are several statues and models where you can get a good sculpt.
Elephant man has a limited market, but if he did it I'm sure there would be a few interested
Dark Helmet was done very well already, the out fit came with a pull down mask, coffee cup, swartz ring hand, and his dolls. The cape even had wires in it. The sculpt was done extremely well. I see no reason to get another version.

Look up the tread here for Dark helmet and see if the artist can make more if if anyone is selling theirs. HE was going to a a second version with a dened helmet, but I don't know if he ever got around to it.

Let's get rainman to do something we aren't likely to get from someone else or hasn't been done.

Instead of Dark Helmet, there are plenty of other Space Ball characters I'd like to see made.

Rainman also did Jack Torrance, Travis Bickle, a 2nd Bill the Butcher, PF Boys, all which have been done before, don't see why that would affect a choice now, I don't buy Rainman figures because I can't get the character elsewhere, I buy Rainman figures because its a Rainman figure which means its his talent behind the figure.

Everyone and their mother owns a Joker, but if Rainman did one it would sell out in seconds... why, because of his artistic talent towards it.

Rainman also did Jack Torrance, Travis Bickle, a 2nd Bill the Butcher, PF Boys, all which have been done before, don't see why that would affect a choice now, I don't buy Rainman figures because I can't get the character elsewhere, I buy Rainman figures because its a Rainman figure which means its his talent behind the figure.

Everyone and their mother owns a Joker, but if Rainman did one it would sell out in seconds... why, because of his artistic talent towards it.

^ Thank You! Well said!

Besides there is no way to avoid overlapping of characters. Everyone is using the same tailor (Yunsil) these days and the writing is on the wall that Rainman can't get to these characters fast enough competing with the multiple 20 figure and on to the next character runs these days.

The Elephant man is my first choice though because it offers up a unique challenge......involves more sculpting challenges than anything else or anything we've ever seen from Rainman and his catalog.
The-elephant-man.jpg

Last edited:

1) The Elephant Man
2) Dracula (Oldman)
Or
3) Dark Helmet

4) Raoul Duke
I agree with Dracula as a top contender for Lee to go after.
But you can't shut out the idea of Duke. He would need seamless legs, chest piece, sculpt, aviators, removable smoke holder with cigarette and a lengthy list of possible accessories to include. It would be equally as much of a challenge to pull off. Perfect homage to Hunter as well.

The available Dark Helmets are really well done, that is the only reason I stray from suggesting it. I love the movie though and if it came down to it I would buy it because i do not have any of the other ones, and it would undoubtingly overshadow them too.

4) Raoul Duke
I agree with Dracula as a top contender for Lee to go after.
But you can't shut out the idea of Duke. He would need seamless legs, chest piece, sculpt, aviators, removable smoke holder with cigarette and a lengthy list of possible accessories to include. It would be equally as much of a challenge to pull off. Perfect homage to Hunter as well.

The available Dark Helmets are really well done, that is the only reason I stray from suggesting it. I love the movie though and if it came down to it I would buy it because i do not have any of the other ones, and it would undoubtingly overshadow them too.

Duke is an interesting character for sure but It's going to rely on a whole bunch of different accessories to really make it work ,.....an area I don't think Rainman will really invest a lot of the projects time/importance too. The seamless legs I don't see happening or that important since it's still a guy in shorts that needs some level of articulation,.....and then there's the Johnny depp likeness issue. People are surely going to hold Rainmans feet to the fire with the Hottoys comparisons and the like. It could potentially create a nightmare for him when he's really just interested in doing somthing totally unique and original.

Now if all those particulars were to come together flawlessly than I'd say a way to make a Raoul Duke Fear and Loathing figure more unique and appealing would be to do the Drug Warped alternate headsculpt as an extra.That would put it over the top and present some interesting sculpting challenges.

Personally, This as an alternate headsculpt would have my immediate attention.

DRUGGED WARPED ALTERNATE HEADSCULPT
p20996_p_v7_aa.jpg

Last edited:

The Dude v2. Just make the shorts a tiny bit longer to cover the knee joint. No biggie.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Well said. A Jimi Hendrix from Woodstock should be no issue with Serang's Hendrix from Monteray Pop Festival. Completely different looks and RM would knock this out of the park, plus only Yunsil could do that jacket justice.

HERE WE GO guys what about this!!!!!!!THIS WOULD BE EPIC, LOOK AT THE DETAIL!
lincoln_daniel_day_lewis1.jpg
[/URL]
lincoln-daniel-day-lewis_810.jpg
[/URL]

The Elephant man is my first choice though because it offers up a unique challenge......involves more sculpting challenges than anything else or anything we've ever seen from Rainman and his catalog.

Thanks for arguing the Elephant Man corner. **

The reason i threw it out there was simply because*I was trying to think of a character from a classic film that would provide Lee with the unique challenge he was (seemingly) looking for.

*With Merrick, it's not only the challenge of pulling off that head sculpt. There's also the contorted body shape, multiple bony protrusions and oversized/swollen feet and hands etc. I'd just be interested in seeing Rainman try to simulate all that in 1/6 scale. How the hell would he approach it? Is it even possible?

thumb_11-03-2012_49elephant_man.jpgElephantMan2.JPG

Then you've got the outfits: dapper Victorian dress suits and gloves (tailored to that one of a kind afflicted body, remember), then the iconic 'Elephant Man' street wear of overcoat, sack cloth head covering (that has to be shaped to drape and lie so as to give the appearance of an elephants trunk) with peep hole and a cloth cap to top it off.

That's three alternative looks from one figure:*

The mysterious, street stalking 'Elephant Man'
Toast of well to do society John Merrick
Shirtless medical marvel Merrick

Accessories: his cane/walking stick, cigarette and cigarette holder, extendable (Galilean style?) theatre binoculars and a 1/6 version of the detailed cathedral model he constructed:tumblr_mwqhx3GBYZ1re1poeo1_1280.jpg

That's the sort of thing I would buy the s##t out of (and pay through the nose for), but I understand it might be viewed as a way out suggestion.

What i would say though, to counter the charge that it's somehow a niche subject or not as likely to sell as others, is that it's not only an iconic character from a classic film (celebrating it's 35th anniversary this year), it's also a real life historical figure whose name and story is still known all over the world to this day.

And...if that fails....I can always fall back on the fact that 'Hook' is an absolute turd of a movie :pfft:

Ferris Bueller would be awesome. But not something so difficult that others couldn't pull it off. I might say the same for Raoul Duke, even though that's one I would buy (and that's also a figure where likeness is absolutely key, and with Rainman. . .that's not a foregone conclusion). Hook and Mrs. Doubtfire could be some fantastic figures, but some pretty mediocre movies in hindsight. Of course, that's not the primary consideration for interest in a Rainman figure, otherwise support for Marge would have been much stronger than it was.

Personally, This as an alternate headsculpt would have my immediate attention.

DRUGGED WARPED ALTERNATE HEADSCULPT
p20996_p_v7_aa.jpg

Not going to lie, whether you're serious or not, as a display piece of its own that would be one of the coolest things I've seen in 1/6.

Duke is an interesting character for sure but It's going to rely on a whole bunch of different accessories to really make it work ,.....an area I don't think Rainman will really invest a lot of the projects time/importance too. The seamless legs I don't see happening or that important since it's still a guy in shorts that needs some level of articulation,.....and then there's the Johnny depp likeness issue. People are surely going to hold Rainmans feet to the fire with the Hottoys comparisons and the like. It could potentially create a nightmare for him when he's really just interested in doing somthing totally unique and original.

All it would take is a replacement Thigh piece much like the perseus body uses. still poseable but the knee is sculpted over to hide the seam from the front angles.
These little details are the challenges that would bring a fully custom figure together from head to toe. Something I would be willing to pay for.

my vote is still 100% for Duke but everyone is giving really great suggestions tbh. Good to see there are truly a lot of characters to still be explored.

Back