Rainmans next project: the girl possessed.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rainman wants you!

for_the_love_of_benji.jpg

Everyone should make out a list of figures. That would narrow it down. I vote
1) Dustin Hoffman from the Graduate.
2) Gene Hackman Popyer Doyle.
3) John Wayne the Searchers
4) Ellilot and E.T with bike
5) richard Drifus Close Encounters
6) Charles Bronson death wish
7) Steve McQueen Bullet
8) barbarella

E.T.'s a great idea. Elliot and E.T. with bike, Speak & Spell, Reese's Pieces. RM can take my money now.

I would really like this!

Plus E.T and all the stuff!!!!! 👽

ET is one character that I can't believe hasn't been attempted in 1/6 yet. Maybe it's time...

in the first post it says something not done before and im pretty sure none of what iv mentioned have been done before!?!?
AND as for been different all the figures apart from ET are no more different or harder to make than any other! juat sculpt and clothing, with Hook and Edward actually been a bit harder for the tailor. Walter would actually be a challenge as it would need a new body sculpt!!!!
Eliot and ET is a great suggestion. Hard to imagine others giving doing that justice, though it would cost an arm and a leg, for sure. Would be very curious to see how he handled ET.

Here's what I'd buy

1. Virgil "Bud" Brigman in diving suit with light up NTI alien
2. Jimi Hendrix
3. KISS -- Gene, Paul, Ace, Peter with real hair, Destroyer or Love Gun costumes
4. Edward Scissorhands (real hair)

Some people here really understand what this thread is for.
Some people however are completely missing the point and treating it as a wishlist.

I will be emailing Lee tonight with the most popular choices so feel free to throw anymore into the ring. Currently:

Dracula
Hook
Doubtfire
Dark Helmet (been done)
Raoul Duke
Edward Scissorhands (Hot Toys)
Jimi Hendrix
Wikus van de merwe?
Hal Bowman

??

Those in bold seem to be most popular.

You gotta add the Elephant Man to that list. It's clearly a interesting sculpting challenge and a very important oscar nominated film. Its a good taste character choice. It also fits more of the criteria that Rainman suggested in his newsletter with regard to wanting somthing of a challenge to apply his sculpting ability to.

Rainman should really continue to stick with making characters of a more mature subject matter. It's a good formula for him.They have a stronger presence as a shelf peice and the niche factor never gets old and only makes them more desirable because quite frankly doing characters that no one expects is thinking outside the box.

Last edited:

Dundee is a good shout. It's been years since I've seen it, but I watched it to death way back when. He would make a great looking figure

ET & Eliot are classics and have a very rightful place in the 1/6 world, but for some reason I have no desire to own any collectibles from that title. It's one of those movies that was a big part of my childhood and is super nostalgic, but yet I've grown past. IDK. It's been years since I've seen it. Maybe I need another watch to reconnect

Dundee is a good shout. It's been years since I've seen it, but I watched it to death way back when. He would make a great looking figure

ET & Eliot are classics and have a very rightful place in the 1/6 world, but for some reason I have no desire to own any collectibles from that title. It's one of those movies that was a big part of my childhood and is super nostalgic, but yet I've grown past. IDK. It's been years since I've seen it. Maybe I need another watch to reconnect
I haven't watched the movie in years, either, but it had a big influence on my childhood, also. Another similar kind of set that I would love to see done in 1/6--Gizmo and Stripe from Gremlins!

Haha, Classic.....Gotta have it! This or Oldman Dracula or Elephant man for me on this run.

2122_4_screenshot.png

Surprised no one has asked for a First Blood!
first-blood.jpg

I decided to pass on custom figures because i can't afford too many of them,but First Blood is definitely an exception for me.

The Poncho look is something i hope for one day.

Back