Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek The Original Series Dr. Leonard "Bones" McCoy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek The Original Series Dr. Leonard "Bones" McCoy

Yeah, I'm constantly amazed that anyone thinks this release is in any way a step down from Kirk and Spock. Honestly, I couldn't be happier with him, and I consider myself a bit picky when it comes to McCoy, as he's my favourite Star Trek character.

I thought it was a step up. I think the Kirk sculpt is magnificent in both pictures and in hand while the Spock likeness, although not terrible by any stretch, looks a bit better in hand than it comes across in pictures. Even in hand, my opinion is that it's the worst likeness thus far. The McCoy sculpt is a step back up in the right direction.

Re: Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek The Original Series Dr. Leonard "Bones" McCoy

I thought it was a step up. I think the Kirk sculpt is magnificent in both pictures and in hand while the Spock likeness, although not terrible by any stretch, looks a bit better in hand than it comes across in pictures. Even in hand, my opinion is that it's the worst likeness thus far. The McCoy sculpt is a step back up in the right direction.

My sentiments exactly

Can't wait to order McCoy once he's back in stock at Planet Action Figures. Also waiting for Spock to be delivered now.

Last I checked you can buy him from Quantum Mechanix direct and with free shipping.

Just got this in today free with my SS rewards. I'm simply amazed at the quality of this figure.

Great figure with the best exclusive item

Bones had an unusual patient in his sickbay. Thankfully the first tense moment after he awoke soon passed.

Logan1.jpg

Logan2.jpg

Logan3.jpg

Logan4 - Ausschnitt.jpg

"I'm a doctor, not a pin cushion!" Great pics!

The medical tunic really needs seamless arms. Unfortunately, all seamless bodies are far too buff for Bones.

Why is Logan trying to undress the poor doctor?

"I'm a doctor, not a pin cushion!" Great pics!

The medical tunic really needs seamless arms. Unfortunately, all seamless bodies are far too buff for Bones.
Heh, thank you! Bones was not fazed by Khan, he also isn't by Wolverine!
I don't mind the joints at all, but I wish he had gotten some painted arm hair like Wolverine. He looks so - naked ;)

Why is Logan trying to undress the poor doctor?
He isn't, really. I have quite some comments who see this in a sexual way, but in my innocent mind it was just meant as a fight scene, where he grabs his shirt to hold him close. Although I have now been informed that he could not have the claws out on only one hand and therefore this scene is wrong anyway. Next time!

I got one great explanation though by someone who said it looks as if he wants to take off the shirt to use it as a disguise. Now I am tempted to put a Star Trek shirt on Wolverine so he can hide on the ship...

Thanks everyone, and I love your two Doctors Matrix69! I always love a funny crossover.

Today, just some more sickbay pictures - inspired by that one scene in the episode "Journey to Babel".

Sickbay1.jpg

Sickbay2.jpg

Sickbay3.jpg

Nice pics! :clap

The short sleeved medical tunic was a nice EX accessory, but I always try and circumvent exposed joints whenever possible. I try and cover simple exposed wrist pegs as much as possible; I would never voluntarily opt for exposed elbow joints if another look was possible.

Wow, that's a really great detailed close-up!

I'm STILL not done with sickbay pictures - but it seems Kirk is ;)

Done.jpg

Back