Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek The Original Series Dr. Leonard "Bones" McCoy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek The Original Series Dr. Leonard "Bones" McCoy

TWoK figures would be great, but I'd really love some TUC figures. They'd represent the films with the red tunic and would also serve as a perfect bookend match to these TOS figures.

Re: Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek The Original Series Dr. Leonard "Bones" McCoy

I really like the 3 figures so far and look forward to seeing any new releases.

My major issue, which has already been mentioned quite a bit, is with the initial bodies utilized. Possibly aside from Kirk, Bones and Spock would have really benefited from less buff bodies. It's a ding on capturing the characters correctly. Not a deal-breaker but something for QMX to keep in mind when moving forward.

something for QMX to keep in mind when moving forward.

It would have been a great idea for them to have created a new thinner body as it looks like they have a significant number of thin-framed characters in their stable. The two already mentioned, plus Raylan from Justified, Wesley from Princess Bride and the two guys from Supernatural - just to name some we've already seen in prototype.

Got mine. I'm really happy with him.

Well, he was the shortest of the three...

Here is my take on this Figure! English and German Review! Enjoy :D

Last edited by a moderator:

IMG_0007.jpg

Luckily this was Roddeberry's vision of the future so McCoy's fantasy of a moresome with Yeoman Barrows was considered part of humanity's need to evolve. It all ended in tears when one of the robot cowboys went on a killing spree though.

Just received mine today. Really amazed by the quality of QMX...again!
Impressed how they improved the paint work on the eyes...compared to Kirk and Spock!
Picard next on the list...
67aec172f5c7c833e3b72d830c9cb444.jpg

Enviado de meu Nexus 6P usando Tapatalk

Yeah, I'm constantly amazed that anyone thinks this release is in any way a step down from Kirk and Spock. Honestly, I couldn't be happier with him, and I consider myself a bit picky when it comes to McCoy, as he's my favourite Star Trek character.

Yeah, I'm constantly amazed that anyone thinks this release is in any way a step down from Kirk and Spock. Honestly, I couldn't be happier with him, and I consider myself a bit picky when it comes to McCoy, as he's my favourite Star Trek character.

I am amazed you are amazed. Why are you amazed? :lol Some people like, some people do not. That is life!

Man, Kirk looks so short.
Well, he was the shortest of the three...

Yea, I had to fact check that when I read it. Most places I checked online have Shatner and Kelly both being 5'10, I did find two places that listed Shatner at 5' 9 1/2. So, even IF Kelly is technically a tad taller it isn't significant and at 1/6 scale it shouldn't be as noticeable as it appears to be in that picture.

So, even IF Kelly is technically a tad taller it isn't significant and at 1/6 scale it shouldn't be as noticeable as it appears to be in that picture.

Send him to me, I'll fix the height for you.

lumber_saw2.png

Still waitin' for mine... Bloody postal service be damned! :impatient:

McCoy should really be Kirk's height, not Spock's. Only Decker was as tall as Spock. Whether I swap Kirk and his fat suit onto McCoy, get a shorter body for McCoy, or give Spock ankle extensions, I haven't decided. I will use ankle extensions for Rand, I think. It's a very minor gripe though. Hopefully Chekov and Sulu will be on the shorter bodies.

Can't wait to order McCoy once he's back in stock at Planet Action Figures. Also waiting for Spock to be delivered now.

Back