Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek The Original Series Dr. Leonard "Bones" McCoy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek The Original Series Dr. Leonard "Bones" McCoy

The Doctor is in! And I totally concur about it being better in hand! I never thought the pictures of him looked bad in the first place but 'in the flesh' he's every bit as good as Jim.

Re: Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek The Original Series Dr. Leonard "Bones" McCoy

The ZC muscle body (TTM19 style) turned out to be a good one to use the medical tunic on as the sleeves cover the elbow joints.

Yet it's a very poor imitation of the Starfleet medical tunic. I'd mark it down as the single worst sixth scale item produced so far by QMx. Well, at least on par with their aborted first Mal Reynolds sculpt.

Just got Mccoy in hand he is superb. _20170316_213434.jpgDSC_0048.jpg just got Mccoy superb in hand, photos don't do him justice,thanks Movie Figures UK

Heads up! McCoy is listed as low stock on Sideshow.
Don't know if it's just the first wave of McCoys or that's all of them for Sideshow.

I got mine a couple of weeks ago, looks fantastic in hand!
The only issue I'm having is the medical kit doesn't want to stick to the magnet on his waist. QMX did improve the magnets for the Phaser and Communicator and the hands stay on the wrist pegs much better than Kirk and Spock. I also think they improved how the shirt is put together because the seam at the neck is less noticeable than on Kirk and Spock.
Major kudos to QMX for being quick to respond to customer feedback! :clap:clap:clap:clap

Now bring on Scotty!

Mine sticks, but the connection is a bit weak. However, I attribute that to the extra layer of fabric with the shirt.

Mine sticks, but the connection is a bit weak. However, I attribute that to the extra layer of fabric with the shirt.

That's the thing, I was referring to mine with the medical kit under his shirt instead of over, it has zero adhesion with the kit over the shirt.
Maybe I should contact Sideshow about this, my medical kit also has the magnet or metal strip sewn into the medical kit crooked but I was willing to live with it since you don't see that from the front.
I did try the medical kit on another magnet position in his trousers and it didn't want to stay there either, I also tried the communicator which sticks very well elsewhere, on the medical kit position of his trousers and that didn't want to stick there, so everything surrounding the medical kit is a bit of an issue.
Not a huge problem, I might just buy a more powerful tiny magnet and use that on the inside of the medical kit to get it to stay in place.
I don't know what kind of magnet I would need to get, I'll have to look into it.

That's personally what I would do. It sounds like it's a magnet issue with the medical kit/pouch then rather than the figure itself if everything else magnetizes to the figure just fine in all the magnetic spots; which if there is going to be an issue with something, I'd rather it be an accessory than the figure, so that's sort of a relief. I'd just buy a small separate magnet and attach it to the pouch. Or worst case scenario, just buy a new pouch if you're able to find one parted out somewhere.

An extra stronger magnet probably wouldn't be a bad idea even for myself, so that way it creates a stronger connection through the shirt.

I'm by no means an expert, but isn't this figure a little too tall? Shouldn't McCoy be shorter than Spock and closer to Kirk in height?

I'm by no means an expert, but isn't this figure a little too tall? Shouldn't McCoy be shorter than Spock and closer to Kirk in height?
... and with less muscles.

Spock was a bit to muscled too, but I gave it pass for being "idealized" because Vulcans are really strong. But I wish McCoy was a bit smaller.

Might have to break his ankles and fix that... :)

... and with less muscles.

Spock was a bit to muscled too, but I gave it pass for being "idealized" because Vulcans are really strong. But I wish McCoy was a bit smaller.

I noticed the same thing. Thinking about swapping out the Kirk and McCoy bodies. Actually, probably easier to just swap out the head sculpts and uniform shirts, as the rest appears to be the same.

Got my McCoy today and he looks great, but I'm having the same problem with the medical kit. I had to place it under his shirt, and empty for it to stick.

The only accessories I was able to fit in his kit were the vials.

Same here.

The Doctor arrived today, and I've had some time to put him up along with his companions.
First impression: yes, the head sculpt has problems, and yes, the body is too buff for McCoy. In that sense, he's about on par with Spock. Regarding the sculpt, there's just something odd about the right side of his face, some wrinkles or expression lines that catch the light in an odd way sometimes and throw the entire thing off. But it really s a matter of how the light hits the sculpt, so I can definitely say that the official pics put up by Nanjin and QMX really do this figure a disservice...
Mine also looks taller than Kirk, and about the same height as Spock, which is quite suitable.
He also really does come loaded with accessories, which is very neat. For that, he probably edges Spock in sheer value. I had no problem attaching the medical kit to the pants, my magnet seems to be working fine.

I'm really happy with my Three Kings, I think Nanjin and QMX have done a fantastic work on these. I do wish I had kept the earlier kit-bashed versions, though. I'd like to compare tunics especially. I remember they had such a fantastic feel to them, and being thinner they just seemed to hang better. This material, while probably infinitely more accurate, just seems a tad thick. Nevertheless, these new figures are amazing and among the best I own.
I'm very tempted to get Sulu and Scotty, but I do hope QMX puts a little bit more work into both sculpts.

My sentiments pretty accurately abake.

Pretty flawed figure but for some reason I was willing to forgive.

I had em both by the way just sold the original nanjins on eBay a week ago. So rest assured the new tunics hang better,look better, feel better and all that jazz.

Khan
Kang
Romulan commander from Balance of Terror

Khan
T'Pring
Mirror, Mirror Marleena(sort of a crew member but evil I guess lol)

One more thought on McCoy: he seems to have a slightly smaller head sculpt than his companions. That accentuates the feeling of a buff body.

The doctor is in! Just got him and very happy with it. Thanks again Nanjin and QMX. I hope these are making money for you because I'd love to see this line keep going (even though I've pretty much run out of shelf space). The Wrath ok Khan Kirk, Spock and Khan are the top 3 on my wish list.

IMG_5370.JPGIMG_5371.JPGIMG_5372.JPG

Back