Statue Prime 1 Studio x Blitzway: The Dark Knight: 1/3 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always preferred the pose and expression on this one, having two sculpts just makes it that much better.
Same even before the extra sculpt was shown. I’m pretty sure first glance I was a little iffy when first shown but it really grew on me. I’m hoping if I get a Christmas bonus this year with this new job, I’ll be able to go ahead and order this one and the bust.

Yeah $2000 for the entire thing doesn't really seem too bad, at least assuming the final product is somewhat close to the proto.
The bust sculpt will be the definitive joker IMO

I can't find it anywhere near that price with shipping and import fees but I'm sure in some countries that is the case

Umm...wtf?

received_951744515769421.jpeg

received_627424342040036.jpeg

Definitely Ledger classic smile but the paintwork is much left desired. Like they forgot a layer of paint. Super airbrushed look. Love the sculpt but the paint is subpar.

Definitely Ledger classic smile but the paintwork is much left desired. Like they forgot a layer of paint. Super airbrushed look. Love the sculpt but the paint is subpar.
The whole thing is bad! It's nothing like the prototype, hair, face sculpt. It's all bad. I'm shocked. Looks like something Sideshow would put out.

The whole thing is bad! It's nothing like the prototype, hair, face sculpt. It's all bad. I'm shocked. Looks like something Sideshow would put out.

Ouch!

The sculpt is probably fine. If there is an issue it’s likely to be due to the paint applications. With regards to Sideshows problem children, many repaints of their pieces have vastly corrected for their missteps.

I’ve only got the bust incoming, and I know initial photos don’t always tell the whole story.

Ouch!

The sculpt is probably fine. If there is an issue it’s likely to be due to the paint applications. With regards to Sideshows problem children, many repaints of their pieces have vastly corrected for their missteps.

I’ve only got the bust incoming, and I know initial photos don’t always tell the whole story.
I'm still waiting for better pics before full judgement, but on these pics alone it's a far cry from the prototype...

images - 2021-12-11T180115.949.jpeg

images - 2021-12-11T180131.574.jpeg

Honestly the original Queen 1/3 scale that I have, probably didn’t have the best paint job either, like it was too clean.

Wow, what a disappointment... I am waiting to hit the order button too but now... I really don't know what to do. It looks pretty off that paint job. And that hair?!

Sculpt looks fine it’s the paint apps that are bringing it down. Like they forgot to paint more details.
Dude what? Check again, and compare to the prototype. It literally looks like a toy by comparison. Check out the hair! I would say they got 50-60% close to the prototype at best.

Even the collector who took these photos is disappointed with it, and he said the tailoring is bad. I was keen to get this but not after seeing these photos.

I have the Joaquin Joker from P1 x Blitzway, and I found the paintjob to be lacking. Tailoring was good, granted a little wrinkled (probably due to shipping) but steaming it helped iron things out. It felt like it was printed on rather than actually painted on the Joaquin Joker but this just looks absolutely awful and unacceptable. For the price tag, it is not good at all. I really hope its just the picture, but I am starting to think otherwise.

I paid in full on Sideshow. I'd hate to lose my NRD by canceling, but I won't freak out just yet. The photos are just as bad as the paint appears to be.

I hope this turns out better for those who ordered it. It’s just first pictures (which usually are awful always), but it’s not the best start. This is why I told everyone to wait and see production pieces before comparisons happened. Prime 1 recently have had many production quality problems.

The same thing happened when the Prime 1 Jungle Hunter was shown. Hopefully it is better than the initial pics

Oooooooof. Aside from the awful sculpt, JND nailed the tailoring better as well, IMO.
Again, let’s hope this is just a few bad photos.

Back