Statue Prime 1 Studio x Blitzway: The Dark Knight: 1/3 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be honest even if the bust came with similar paint, it would still look decent because the underlying sculpt is good. Never liked this smiling sculpt from the start.

As always, the horrible initial pics by ppl with terrible photo taking skills or patience to futz with it. It's like ppl want the "me first! me first!" credit and all they do is create panic. Wash, rinse, repeat with any future release.

Only thing that looks like a let down as of right now is the paintwork to me. Sculpt looks the same, pics just aren't taken at the angles that the proto pics are plus the less than desirable paint work make it look off.

Will wait for someone who knows how to photograph (like maybe Robert Chen if he gets this).

To be honest even if the bust came with similar paint, it would still look decent because the underlying sculpt is good. Never liked this smiling sculpt from the start.
Hopefully the bust will look good, if it does then this still has potential
As always, the horrible initial pics by ppl with terrible photo taking skills or patience to futz with it. It's like ppl want the "me first! me first!" credit and all they do is create panic. Wash, rinse, repeat with any future release.

Only thing that looks like a let down as of right now is the paintwork to me. Sculpt looks the same, pics just aren't taken at the angles that the proto pics are plus the less than desirable paint work make it look off.

Will wait for someone who knows how to photograph (like maybe Robert Chen if he gets this).
The paint looks like a slight downgrade but with proper lighting etc this will look much better, I agree

Anyone taking repaint commissions? Hehe.

I'm not going to cancel, but that paint work seems to be far off compared to the prototype's.

Here's a portrait comparison
Prime-1-Studio-Joker-Comparison.jpg

Prime 1 has some serious production issues. They make too many products too often. It unquestionably impacts the quality.

While theres a definite step down from prototype paint, its not all that bad, i dont think. I mean this isnt like that old rogue piece sideshow did years ago. With decent lighting, this could end up looking pretty solid, but its absolutely inferior to the JND and queen 1/3 scale pieces, no doubt.

Looks stoned. Hard pass. I've always thought P1 was slightly overrated, but the dips are becoming steeper as they pump more out in the same time period. Hopefully the standard QS production piece does not drop down so hard.

Last edited:
If this is their final product will look like, this is sideshow level of paint job. Have this ever happened to their previous releases? I'm still hopeful that these are just some badly shot photos.

Yeah, that's a downgrade all over. The hair has lost the intricate details of the proto, and the makeup looks like a toddler applied lipstick. Hoped those first blurry pics gave the wrong impression but doesn't seem to be the case.

Damn this is probably the biggest bait and switch I've seen on a product. I mean you sometimes get some softness with Hot Toys and such but for a statue that Prime 1 is charging $1500+ for? Not acceptable.

It also looks like they changes his arm/pose? Looks more awkward than before.

8sToW2s.jpg

Back