Prime 1 Big Game Jungle Hunter Predator 1/4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a difference a few decent pictures can make. Nice to see that the wonky stencils weren't on the entire run also. Here's to hoping that Prime 1 can figure out their international shipping soon so that I can take my order off of hold.....

Prime 1 now offers Econony shipping to the UK. $594 for the DX.

Some statues have more expensive Economy than regular. I've experimented with 8 or so statues and it doesn't make any sense.

This is true, although it's always the overly positive people telling everybody else to shut up or go away if they don't think it's perfect. Nobody ever cares that they post the same positive posts over and over. I like a good nitpick, and I try to always do it in a constructive manner that won't spoil others enthusiasm. I wouldn't call it complaining so to speak, I think it's just an interesting discussion to have with like-minded people around here. I really enjoy comparing these things to the real suits etc. Sometimes they stand up, sometimes not so much, this statue does mostly. Also, we're getting to a point with these things where it's harder to find any real complaints. Compare this thing to Sideshows JH only a couple of years ago. That thing looks like a blob of playdo compared to this, and that's great! There will be a day where even I won't be able to nitpick about these, that will be kind of a sad day for me, but a great one for the hobby :lol I don't think pretending everything is perfect helps anybody however. I ordered this, I like this a lot but if this does ever ship, I'll have paid $3k+ for it and it which imo makes it more than fair enough to point out that the movie mask is not up to the standard of the rest of the statue. If Prime 1 see feedback like this early on, who knows, they may even act on it in which case we'd all win, complainers and the happy camp :lol Either way, it's all cool. But I do find the posts of members telling others what they can and can't say the only real annoying thing around here. But like my critiques, they are very easy to ignore and scroll past... :duff

I do own the sideshow JHM, there is major things wrong with it, thats universally established but I think Im happy with it enough as I just cant afford prime 1 really, so just setting for this piece from sideshow I had back in 2018 when it was released. These new prime 1 pieces have taken the predator statues to the next level, while not really liking this pose with how high the leg is, the work, the sculpt and craft gone into this piece is insane. I dont have the space for a prime 1 pieces I just about can fit in optimus prime and Megatron, but no doubt this is a home run, and the 1/3 scale I think everyone will be after that one. While I will be missing out on these new predator statues, still going to sit back and enjoy how everyone shows their statues turn out

Could someone measure it from head to toe : Just Predator statue:
I have a Prime 1 Geralt in 1/4 scale and his around 18 inches tall.

pmdhpr-03dx-a03-height.jpg

This really is going to be an epic Predator display especially when the hunter victim releases!

I really need to decide on a place to put this display. A part of me wants to have it displayed literally in the center of the room. But with little ones running around I fear it will get hit or something so another option would be in a corner...maybe on the side of the projector screen.....or another corner by where I have my Movie posters displayed....

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Prime 1 now offers Econony shipping to the UK. $594 for the DX.

Some statues have more expensive Economy than regular. I've experimented with 8 or so statues and it doesn't make any sense.

They do? My order hasn't updated, and no email or anything. That's still a lot of money mind. Not sure I'd bite at that when we saw some people in the USA paying less than $100 for their economy shipping. My original quote which I agreed to when ordering this was $248.

From Gary Tonge of SF, whos opinion I trust when it comes to statues

Hey guys,

So a few quick comments to answer some questions that have been going around about this piece.

Head Position: I was most worried about this especially after the first few pics and reviews that were release.

The dreads are made of a rubbery type material. There's a lot of flex to the lower half of them. You have to reposition the dreads to ensure that the portraits are in the ideal position.

I was able to adjust mine fairly easily and I think my portraits are in the originally intended position. Very relieved!

Paint: The paint apps are very good. I think on mine especially they're quite clean, especially the black dots on the forehead.

There are a few spots on the body where they look like painted black dots, but for the most part, they're applied fairly naturally.

The overall colour scheme is good. I don't think it's movie accurate but it looks good on the statue.

There are subtle details like a subtle hint of green on the armor as well as a blue/greenish hue to the veins. I could only see that close up.

There's a nice amount of gloss to the mouth and eyes. There's also some subtle gloss to the forehead of both portraits.

Quills: Weakest part of the statue IMO. The quills are made of rubber and are completely flexible, hence the blunted ends. P1 most likely chose to do this to prevent breakage issues etc. Some of mine were smushed in because of how the portraits were positioned in the box. After a few hours they seemed to straighten out a bit. You can adjust them a bit more by heating them up with a hair drying and holding them in position. That should fix that situation.

That being said, they still look fine when the portraits are placed on the statue. I don't see them as a distraction, but I'm sure some might.

Let me know if you have any other questions about the piece.

They do? My order hasn't updated, and no email or anything. That's still a lot of money mind. Not sure I'd bite at that when we saw some people in the USA paying less than $100 for their economy shipping. My original quote which I agreed to when ordering this was $248.

the option has gone again. Seriously Prime 1 are so weird.

Still $828 when I had a look earlier. :(

I’d probably bite if they got it down to something like $400 (as ridiculous as it sounds), as I’m finding it hard to resist now with all these sweet looking new shots we’re seeing appear.

Still $828 when I had a look earlier. :(

I’d probably bite if they got it down to something like $400 (as ridiculous as it sounds), as I’m finding it hard to resist now with all these sweet looking new shots we’re seeing appear.

Yeah, I'm still tempted after having it pre-ordered for 18 months(ish) but have high hopes for the 1:3 monster.

Rubber quills and dreads to prevent breakage, imo, is understandable. I commend them for trying to address that issue, 'cause I've had broken dreads or quills on every Pred piece I've received. :(

Back