Prime 1 Big Game Jungle Hunter Predator 1/4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is true, although it's always the overly positive people telling everybody else to shut up or go away if they don't think it's perfect. Nobody ever cares that they post the same positive posts over and over. I like a good nitpick, and I try to always do it in a constructive manner that won't spoil others enthusiasm. I wouldn't call it complaining so to speak, I think it's just an interesting discussion to have with like-minded people around here. I really enjoy comparing these things to the real suits etc. Sometimes they stand up, sometimes not so much, this statue does mostly. Also, we're getting to a point with these things where it's harder to find any real complaints. Compare this thing to Sideshows JH only a couple of years ago. That thing looks like a blob of playdo compared to this, and that's great! There will be a day where even I won't be able to nitpick about these, that will be kind of a sad day for me, but a great one for the hobby :lol I don't think pretending everything is perfect helps anybody however. I ordered this, I like this a lot but if this does ever ship, I'll have paid $3k+ for it and it which imo makes it more than fair enough to point out that the movie mask is not up to the standard of the rest of the statue. If Prime 1 see feedback like this early on, who knows, they may even act on it in which case we'd all win, complainers and the happy camp :lol Either way, it's all cool. But I do find the posts of members telling others what they can and can't say the only real annoying thing around here. But like my critiques, they are very easy to ignore and scroll past... :duff

First, you may not be talking about me. Also, Then you never read my post. I ***** with the best of them about flaws, but you may not be talking about me. I ***** a lot about statues. Its flaws and imperfections. I been saying over and over I don't care if people like it or not. No one is here to persuade anyone. But a few here are saying the same things that has been said repeatedly. Then laugh it off. Which is fine. I don't take it personal. Its ****ing statues, this **** isn't life for me. Its a hobby. All I keep saying is I love it and I will keep saying that. Its your assumption thinking that people want you to like it. Your thinking to much! All assumptions. But I do love positivity. Who likes to be around negativity? I hear it once Im like okay I get it cool. Ya the paint has some some work that needs to be done, easy fix. Then a second time, then a third. Then putting pics up. It gets to a point where. It gets stupid. Especially if your not buying it. Whatever, now Im wasting time. Like I said before everything will have flaws because we are different and its subjective. Im out! peace

I must say after looking at those new pics more I really do prefer the closed mouth portrait over the open. He just looks more pissed off to me than the one mouth.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Yeah I've always preferred the closed mouth as well. He just looks so much more sinister that way.

Open-mouthed portrait actually looks better than the closed-mouth in this photo set. There are some quills pointing the wrong direction on the closed-mouth's forehead. I think that exacerbates their thickness. If they were uniform and flowed in the right direction, it wouldn't be as noticeable.

This. I'll add that what one person considers to be a minor gripe may be a glaring issue to another. For Matt, all it needs is a gloss coat. I envy him. A couple hours and he'll have the statue of his dreams. For me, it needs a total body repaint and that means spending another $1000 (and potentially devaluing the piece), so I'm considerably more miffed. But everyone knows that at this point, so it's become redundant.

I hear what your saying, with the coat it brings out the paint so it makes it look wet and makes the paint look moist and brings it out even more. With out making it look overly saturated. So, that dull paint. Which I see it as well, makes it more brought out and colorful. It does work wonders. Ive done the whole body on the original side show pred maquette. It made it look that much better. But you have to look in the light to see it. Like a gloss varnish. Once it dries you get that wet look I did it to my pcs rambo made him look sweaty.

I think we all should be able to raise issues or nitpick things. I only take issue when people seem to try to sour a whole thread from constant complaining and attempt to make those who like it to feel bad about liking it (not related to this thread, just in general).

As far as this, so far I like it and I think it will look great with the victim. No it's not perfect, but I have owned hundreds of pieces and nothing ever is, where it's $50 or $5000.

Ooooooooo.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh.

[emoji817][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91] FB_IMG_1622581825108.jpgScreenshot_20210601-161035_Facebook.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Just messaged prime 1 to take my Jungle Hunter off hold and get shipping started! I'm hoping it looks more like the recent pics but excited to review it for myself. It'll be my first prime 1 piece.

"This is an epic beast of a statue. A truly fantastic piece" - Gary Tonge

2G4W983.jpg

He looks great on that picture. Brighter. Not tan like the others. I can see now that green/brown wash on the armor. Still too clean but it's better than nothing :)

JdJa5gQ.jpg

What a difference a few decent pictures can make. Nice to see that the wonky stencils weren't on the entire run also. Here's to hoping that Prime 1 can figure out their international shipping soon so that I can take my order off of hold.....

Back