Prime 1 Big Game Jungle Hunter Predator 1/4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hrmm. Well, at least the mouth looks great. Veins are noticeable, but not overdone and they blend well into the pink. Body also looks good, I think they did some drybrushing to give the skin a bit more texture in the light areas. Gloves are clean, that was an area I was hoping they'd nail and they did.

I'm satisfied overall, but the possibility of getting a mis-spotted head makes me nervous - especially since I bought this with the intent of using the unmasked portrait.

You'd think spending $600 more than on the City Hunter would serve as some kind of insurance policy, but it really doesn't. Prime 1's got their hands full these days. I'm just glad they're tackling my favorite properties before they go the way of Sideshow.

As someone who has just recovered over whooping cough, i definitely did struggle a tad seeing those first photos :lol

Sorry to hear that mate - take it easy!​

. . . is no one else surprised how quick this thing came out? Myself and everyone I've spoken to thought the end of this year would be the likely release date

Agreed.

This could be an expensive month! :horror

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but here is basically a side-by-side of him and the city hunter.

View attachment 511641

We always suspected the City Hunter was 1:4 and the Jungle Hunter was a bit bigger, but THIS shot makes the Jungle Hunter look more like 1:3 (even allowing for the varying distance from the lense) :dunno

Thanks to everyone for ALL the pics.​

I wasn't expecting images of this inhand to pop up so soon after the City hunter. I'm going to have an expensive day some time soon it seems if both ship at the same time.

Regarding this, and ignoring the wonky black dots (assuming for now that it's a faulty head) I think it looks good over all, I didn't really expect any better. But there's clearly no water on the base of this one. I'll be very disapointed if they have skimpt on that given the high cost. The City hunter looks tiny compared to this, but it is further back in that photo so there could be some perspective at play also.

Someone said on fb ...the head is the best part...

176935003_1356450624724132_8866178215381747634_n.jpg

177343810_1356451011390760_5705406310548772517_n.jpg

Better than Sideshow's attempts and perhaps comparable to the CM (depending on whether you prefer the airbrushed look, the pose, the Wang sculpt, etc.), but it's not the earth-shattering statue Prime 1 needed to take the crown without question.

I'll be happy to have it, at least until something better comes along. The sad thing is, if Hot Toys were to announce a 1/4 Predator figure, it would almost certainly be painted better than this. I don't know why figures are able to get so much love at the factory compared to statues, generally speaking. Does the use of polyresin eat up the budget or something?

Anyone see any pics of the boxes it comes in? If so, please be sure to post them here [to get an idea of the size].Cheers! :)

Better than Sideshow's attempts and perhaps comparable to the CM (depending on whether you prefer the airbrushed look, the pose, the Wang sculpt, etc.)

Just recently bought a CM, and i do agree that I dont think this takes the cake anymore. Again, only in person viewing will fully decide that, but I doubt it. Im now thankful i pulled the trigger on the Winston Maquette and CM, despite having this guy go next to CM once he arrives.

20210320_203425.jpg

Couldn't help but notice your CM has closed mandibles. Any closer photos?

He sure does. Was modified and fullg repainted by Bjorn from Elm studios. I weirdly prefer the closed look, as he seems more sinister that way. Also comes with a biomask which is a added bonus.

Some may say it devalues the peice (and I won't say it doesnt $$$ wise, hence why i got such a good deal locally for it), but the fact that it is an original CM and not a recast is all I need to sleep at night. Really happy to own one, as I always saw it as an unobtainable piece due to how costly it is.

20210425_095228.jpg
20210425_095345.jpg
20210425_095245.jpg
received_4462977077063175.jpeg

Ah the CM pred, I am still obsessed with that piece. Congrats! Would you be rearranging it to the centre or leaving it at the bottom corner :-(

From the current pics, I think P1 JH turned out pretty good, a little better than the CH and more in line with fugitive pred. Hopefully there is more water to the base but the pred sculpt looks pretty sharp to me for a production piece.

Can't wait for a video showing close up details of all the head portraits, body and base. But so far looking pretty darn good.

That closed mouth portrait of the CM looks fantastic btw. I see what you mean by the sinister look. Just pure badass MF

Ah the CM pred, I am still obsessed with that piece. Congrats! Would you be rearranging it to the centre or leaving it at the bottom corner :-(

I do plan on rearranging all the pieces. Wanting the Wolf and Wolf LSF in the bottom right corner, move the CM / Prime 1 to the bottom left, move the Winston bust / maquette to the top right and fill the top left with Coolprops CH bust accompanied by Prime 1s CH.

Ill need to update this to the new positions and the number of cases, but this is roughly what i want, just flipped.

20210425_103901.jpg

P.S, thanks for the appraisals on the CM, he is truly awesome

Attachments

• Predator_Display.jpg
    Predator_Display.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I like the closed mandibles also, similar to how I think Gigers Alien looks more sinister with his mouth closed. To their credit, Sideshow did a really good job injecting some character into their P1 LSB bust. A closed mouth, slight head tilt and one twitching mandible worked really well, nobody seems to put so much effort into facial expressions for full statues sadly. I do like the CM a lot, but never enough to pay after market prices for it. I went for the EX Winston maquette instead which is much more to my tastes. If I found a CM cheap however, which I obviously never will, I'd add one to my collection happily.

pGF1h8V.jpg

Back to this Prime 1 statue, that body picture looks really bad, but it's also a low quality image. The first images of the City hinter last week looked underwhelming, only for much better images to sow up shortly after and make it look like an entirely different statue. We see this all the time, I think it's just an unwritten law in this hobby that the first peron to post pictures has to try and give everybody else whom preordered the statue heart palpitations. This thing is super expensive!! If I'm not entirely happy, I'll drop my order in a heartbeat. But I'm not forming that opinion until we've seen a few more in hand pictures and opinions. Hopefully soon, and hopefully more convincing than what we've seen so far.

Back to this Prime 1 statue, that body picture looks really bad, but it's also a low quality image. The first images of the City hinter last week looked underwhelming, only for much better images to sow up shortly after and make it look like an entirely different statue. We see this all the time, I think it's just an unwritten law in this hobby that the first peron to post pictures has to try and give everybody else whom preordered the statue heart palpitations. This thing is super expensive!! If I'm not entirely happy, I'll drop my order in a heartbeat. But I'm not forming that opinion until we've seen a few more in hand pictures and opinions. Hopefully soon, and hopefully more convincing than what we've seen so far.

Im hoping i like it enough to keep my P.O. Otherwise i will try grab a HCG wall mount Predator Bio to take this guys spot. I believe theres one on eBay

I swear it is tradition that the first images get you short of breath and your heart rate up. Haha. It seems more often than not there is relief when better pictures come out. I'm surprised by how much they make off these statues that they don't have someone who is like their "Alien Predator" person to stay on it. Walk through and double check everything. I mean we are talking big money with these statues. Hire someone almost at the end of production, some ultra super brain to visit for a few days and just do a check list of issues. Pay me 5k I'll come visit and I'll be so picky they will remove me from the building and say "thank you" as they do it.

Back