Prime 1 Big Game Jungle Hunter Predator 1/4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
feels like his checking his flank, almost like caught of guard.

Could work with the masked or closed-mouth heads, but it doesn't make sense with the roaring head and that's the one I've wanted to use since day one.

Its definitely looking better the more photos we get. Loving the look with either of the bios. Unmasked still is hit or miss with some photos looking better then others

Havent seen anyone post these pictures, so thought id share... Honestly the eyes looking like they're pinging lmao

FB_IMG_1619531343054.jpg
FB_IMG_1619531376362.jpg
FB_IMG_1619531381152.jpg
FB_IMG_1619531386756.jpg

Some folks on StatueForum are toying with the notion that these early photos could be from people with connections to the factory, perhaps getting ahold of early samples or pieces that didn't pass QC. I don't know what to think, sometimes better looking pieces come out months later, other times they come out looking exactly the same.

I messaged Prime 1. They confirmed both CH and JH are shipping - the latter only in Asia for now - and suggested I look at collector photos if I want to see what they look like.

Last edited:
Could work with the masked or closed-mouth heads, but it doesn't make sense with the roaring head and that's the one I've wanted to use since day one.

Agree it may look acceptable with the masked option. But open mouth would bug the hell out of me, it makes it look confused. I don't think there is any room for movement of the head as all the pics so far is showing the same upward tilt.

We've never had a proper photo showing the full statue head on. I'd hold off on the panic button for now.

Just realized his left (our right) upper mandible is pointing downward on that particular statue. Is there no QC on these early releases? How does it magically improve once the statue ships internationally or does it not actually?

People keep citing Lobo as a miracle turnaround and I don't understand it. They were only fooled by lens distortion making the head look small in the first photos, but all of the paint issues they complained about remain. Does the extra three months of waiting for a statue simply lull buyers into a state of acceptance?

Last edited:
Oddly enough I don't mind the browner/warmer skin tone, but I realize it's not accurate. One of the liberties I agree with, along with bulking him up. :lol

The more I look at photos of the CH prototype versus the final product, the more I understand why they painted the production piece the way they did - the body in particular. Even on the prototype, the spots were quite big and not as densely packed as on the film suit. And I can see similar decisions made on the JH. With both statues, Prime 1 dropped the ball in the areas facing away from us (undersides of legs, etc.), but overall it's passable. Not easy to stomach at $1500, but passable.

If Prime 1 can delay or slow down their production for anything, I would hope they fix the head. Chroming the wristblades, applying gloss to the skin, drybrushing some metallics, painting over areas where the LEDs bleed through, these are relatively easy to do. But turning the head into a muddy mess with jagged, clumped, misaligned spots suggests a complete lack of care and would require far more time, money, and skill to take care of.

Well first I thought it is good but as I see more and more pictures I am starting to getting a little nervous. It does not look like a 1500 dollar product so far and the unmasked head is a big disappointment.

Also is it just me or the mask looks not as smooth textured like on the prototype? Or is it just the painting, lighting?

Well first I thought it is good but as I see more and more pictures I am starting to getting a little nervous. It does not look like a 1500 dollar product so far and the unmasked head is a big disappointment so far.

Also is it just me or the mask looks not as smooth like on the prototype? Or is it just the painting?

Yeah im hugely disappointed the more and more i see it and the more and more people point out issues. Im definitely contemplating trying to transfer my deposit over to Big Chap. Never been so glad to have gotten the CM despite it financially killing me lmao

Well first I thought it is good but as I see more and more pictures I am starting to getting a little nervous. It does not look like a 1500 dollar product so far and the unmasked head is a big disappointment.

Also is it just me or the mask looks not as smooth textured like on the prototype? Or is it just the painting, lighting?

I think they overdid it with the mask texture, instead of battle worn metal, it looks almost like it's been sprayed with a light acid giving it a subtle cratered moon like look. It's meant to look like metal but looks more like hard stone. From a distance it won't be noticeable, but close up it seems quite visible. I just don't understand how they can blitz the fugitive and not this one.

I have to agree with you Dundee and I have the same opinion like you regarding fugitive. I hope we will get more photos and also a video review cause I am not really convinced. Also I want to display it with the mask on but I don't like what I am seeing here.

Also I am assuming the helmet is the same but painted differently...but not sure. It is sad cause the prototype looks freaking fantastic as a whole.

You guys...I swear.

1st, some of you are acting like this is your first statue and are shocked that the paint app does not match the proto. IT NEVER DOES. EVER. Now you know that and can use that knowledge for every other mass produced (and custom for that matter) purchase you will ever make.

2nd, looking at the Sisko vid, at 3:14 the head looks cocked, just as everyone is complaining about. It has everything to do with perspective and viewing angle whether it look straight or tilted.

3rd, the open left mandible is also at a different angle on the proto (that everyone loved) and seen in Sisko's vid at 3:30.

People continuously souring threads from whining and complaining is quite frankly getting old.

I'm not even getting the predator line and I'm saddened by the paint app on this one. Prime1 pulled Slan after people pointed out issues on the early Chinese collector images. The JH needs to be delayed. If these are in fact over stock pieces then sure, seeing the boxes would help. But honestly the tooth twisted down the dots are all over the place. There is no gloss on the head or body at all. Not even the mouth. People are already canceling. No in hand is going to be as good as the prototype, but this has far too many issues against it. Especially for that price. Looking at the film head vs the in hand it is sad. But people are allowed to go through the stages. IMG_20210427_230048.jpg

Back