Present Toys - 1/6 PT-50 & PT-51 T-800 Terminator (Battle Damaged)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After the negative reactions to this guy i was nervous to open him up, but pleasantly surprised by its quality! Images below are after some Tamiya weathering, sand paper and scalpel distressing of the worn areas, and a little blood touchup, but otherwise extremely happy to have this guy in the collection!
Looks great, can I ask what the color of the weathering you used was? I've been thinking about doing the same.

Looks great, can I ask what the color of the weathering you used was? I've been thinking about doing the same.
I used 2 kits: Tamiya Weathering Master Kit - A (Sand, Light Sand, Mud), and B (Snow, Soot, Rust). Mostly used Sand, Light Sand, Mud, and Soot.

to110.jpg

to610.jpg

to710.jpg

to510.jpg

to310.jpg

to210.jpg

to410.jpg

to810.jpg

Got mine. I like it. :) It is my first 1/6 -- bigger than I had anticipated!

Right now I have him standing without a stand or base. I really prefer it that way. He seems pretty stable with the boots. Wondering if anyone else does this, or, if those more experienced might tell me I'll regret it. :)

Got mine. I like it. :) It is my first 1/6 -- bigger than I had anticipated!

Right now I have him standing without a stand or base. I really prefer it that way. He seems pretty stable with the boots. Wondering if anyone else does this, or, if those more experienced might tell me I'll regret it. :)
For me it just depends, if I know the figure is stable and displayed in a way where it wont get knocked over from vibrations I will display it without a grabber.

I dunno. I'd say both are flawed in different ways.

The thing going for the PT sculpt, in my eyes, is the shape

It's weird, and maybe it's a photography thing, but the HT head feels like it's balloon shaped. When I think Arnold, I think square or angular, which the PT sculpt has, inaccuracies (like the hair) aside.

Joshua Geier from OSS FB group shared these…

Says he had to mod the a neck connector to make the sculp fit correctly, “trim that down more shallow”.

View attachment 688384
View attachment 688385
View attachment 688386

Yeah, it sits a bit too high on mine too. But it's not just "shaving down.
It's a double connector. Ball into the connector, connector into the head.
You can't hollow out the connector, due to his inside convex shape, you can't just trim it down on any of the pegs, cause you corrupt the ball, so I don't quite know what the guy did here?!

You can't hollow out the connector, due to his inside convex shape, you can't just trim it down on any of the pegs, cause you corrupt the ball, so I don't quite know what the guy did here?!
I took a piece similar to the one pictured here and shaved down the non plug end so it was more shallow to not hit the neck peg inside the neck.
Screenshot_20240208_201940_eBay.jpg

Exactly good sir. I mean we have had the discussions to death about the issues with the HT sculpts, but they absolutely crush the Present Toys sculpts. It’s like stepping into the ring with retired Mike Tyson…. The champ is old and been out of the game for awhile, but bam! One punch and you’re down on the canvas cause he is still that good. Present has the Rocky vibe and is a surprise contender with a few good shots, but in the end comes up short of the W. Been hanging out at the SlyShop too much 😂 Also, you seen the new Arnie State Farm commercial? Classic 🤣

I just saw that today. Very good :lol

Added a T-800 skull to go next to it. I think they pair well together. The skull isn't too bad for only 55 dollars, it's actually a wall hanger. Just sucks the eyes only flash and don't have a solid setting, I hope someone got fired for that blunder.

Also had to repaint the teeth because they looked terrible. But it has solid weight to it and feels like metal even though it's resin.

Attachments

• PXL_20240218_041921116.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240218_041921116.MP.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 0

I took a piece similar to the one pictured here and shaved down the non plug end so it was more shallow to not hit the neck peg inside the neck. View attachment 688432

Can you crane the neck forward (after the neck modifications) without having the neck peg/plug exposed?

I was experimenting with displaying the final T2 “I know now why you cry” scene and noticed the huge neck gap with the figure as is out of the box.

It’s not noticeable when viewing the figure(s) straight on but the exposed neck is obvious from the side/rear. :slap

I own both John Connor 3rd party figures but not completely pleased with either - Asmus John Connor seems underscaled and has a weak headsculpt. CGL Resistance Leader has a better headsculpt but seems slightly over scaled (an older teen instead of the 12-year old tween character in the movie).

1708562950910.jpeg

Last edited:
John Connor Furlong needs a another release...COME ON MARS!!!

I think a new T2 figure from HT is needed..perhaps with moveable eyes. That would be fantastic to do with arnold.

Always hoping for a smiling arnold at some point from any company.

Good luck with the DX13.

In reality after you buy this say for 250 then another 100-150(If you are lucky) for the head, you are going to spend near 400. Might of well try to get the "official" HT version.

If you find that head great but doubtful for any reasonable price

Back