Premium Format Slave Leia - Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That sucks about your Crumb. I didn't even care to display mine, so he's still in the box. The one I got in the creature pack for my Jabba diorama is just fine if not better to me.

Nice pics of Leia. Your eyes looked slightly better than mine did, but not as good as what I've done to improve them.

I wanted it to look more like the unpainted sculpt:

110508leia09.jpg

Here is mine now.

EyesComparison.jpg

Much much better.

That sucks about your Crumb. I didn't even care to display mine, so he's still in the box. The one I got in the creature pack for my Jabba diorama is just fine if not better to me.

Nice pics of Leia. Your eyes looked slightly better than mine did, but not as good as what I've done to improve them.

I wanted it to look more like the unpainted sculpt:

110508leia09.jpg

Here is mine now.

EyesComparison.jpg

WOW! WOW! WOW! I am not a sideshow figure collector but I am planning to get this. High class company figures are not easy to get, but I'm starting to collect them, so far I have only 1 high class figure, which is the Hot Toys Bank robber joker. I'm usually a 7 or 18 inch figure collector of Neca and other sorts. If I ever get this figure, and you would be kind enough to do a repaint for me, how much would it cost, I may never get the figure at all but I would still like to know.

I don't know, about $50 for the repaint. It is moderately time consuming, but I've already done it once, so the trial and error phase is over. It is kinda hard to hold worrying about snapping off the hair and working around the ax and chain. Let me know. You'd have to cover shipping costs too me, but I could ship it back fairly cheaply.

Here are more pics.

Front1.jpg

RightSide.jpg

Bust1-2.jpg

WasteUp1-1.jpg

Face1.jpg

Face2.jpg

I still want to paint the hair a lighter shade of brown with almost blonde highlights. It might help liven it up more.

Beauty.jpg

And here are your gratuitus painted panty shots.

Full.jpg

Upskirt2.jpg

Upskirt.jpg

The repaint looks really good Silent. I'm not too sure about the heavy black eyeliner around the eyes, but the lips especially looks great. I would think about sending mine off for a repaint, but I'm still pretty satisfied with the way the factory paint came out. I think I would have to be fairly unhappy with it to consider packing it all back up and sending it out for a repaint. Great job though man, I just wish I had painting talent like that.

Great start on that repaint SilentSurfer! WOW! To get it all the way there, I would reduce the makeup around the eyes and add some brown color variations in the hair to give it more depth. You might also consider giving her lips a more natural look too. I don't remember her wearing much makeup in the movie.

The black around the eyes really stands out and makes the face look off. Other than that really nice looking.

Wow, for a second I thought that was a comparison shot with photo of Carrie Fisher, the eyes are perfect.

Alright, just because good enough isn't, and I totally get that, I went ahead and gave the eyeliner a once over to make it less dramatic, lightened the lips a bit, and lightened the hair quite a bit. So now what have you got to say about it?

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

Geez, I can't beleive we're paying big dollars for these PF statues with pretty ordinary paint applications like this Slave Leia.
Yet, we can see how much of a transformation you can get by putting a little effort into the paint apps like Silent has.
I was actually going to stay away from this figure, but I think I'll purchase it and give this a go myself.
Excellent job!

Why does she have such a HUGE head, or is it just the pics? :lol

SS's factory paint apps are just not acceptable on something as expensive as a PF...they need to get it together.

Yeh seriously, Sideshow should have painted it his way in the first place. The original looks like it's been painted by a 15 year old.

Back