Batman Modern Age Premium Format Review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

afattori

Super Freak
Reaction score
First I have to say I have been a Batman fan since around 1974, or as far as my memory can go back. This has been my Bats with the blue and grey and yellow and black chest symbol.

For starters the box is a freaking beast. Not so heavy were one person can't carry, well at least an adult. I would not trust my kids carrying it. Then again who would trust them to even come near it, or touch it.

IMG_20151203_160750.jpg

Be prepared to get help getting the retail box out of the shipper. It is tighter than a well diggers arse. I had to have my wife help. I put the open end on the bed and raised the other end up and had to gently shake it out. Forgot trying to use the clear plastic bag to pull it out. The artwork is the same I assume that the black and grey bats pf came in (since I do not have it yet, but preordered) but in blue. Box is very sturdy for what it is supposed to do.

IMG_20151203_200232.jpg
IMG_20151203_200508.jpg
IMG_20151203_200525.jpg
IMG_20151203_200551.jpg

Same technique used to get Styrofoam packing out. It is tight also and a pain to get out.

IMG_20151203_200858.jpg

Then of course the fun part of cutting the packing tape that holds the styrofoam top and bottom together. Fun cutting while trying to keep styrofoam undamaged. Yes I am one of those **** collectors.

IMG_20151203_201441.jpg

Base is nice and solid. Well detailed also. No worries of this tipping over unlike the Reeves PF light weight base.

IMG_20151203_201518.jpg

And of course graphic on the bottom with edition number.

IMG_20151203_211927.jpg

The body also feels nice and solid. Chest logo came out amazing. Tights and shorts are well tailored and fit on body nice and tight. Boots well sculpted and blend nicely with the cloth material. The belt looks less comicy if that's even a word, but for this review it is now.

IMG_20151203_201928.jpg

The body went on fairly easy. Not as hard and tight as it was putting the comic Superman pf version in.

IMG_20151203_202055.jpg

The hand with batarang is nicely painted also. Love the shading they were able to pull off on it with the light blue base color.

IMG_20151203_202146.jpg
IMG_20151203_202207.jpg

Lower arm held well in place with magnets.

IMG_20151203_202354.jpg

Of course the big bulk of the weight is with the cape. Again awesome shading and paint on mine looks amazing. Take time putting it on because bottom of cape comes really close to the base once you put it on the body. Of course stand and take your time. Would hate to chip any paint.

IMG_20151203_202331.jpg
IMG_20151203_202518.jpg
IMG_20151203_202459.jpg

The head sculpt is also well done. Nice way they painted the black on the cowl and not make it look to cartoony. Eyes look cold and menacing.

IMG_20151203_202546.jpg

I have to say this is my most favorite piece I own in my collection. I have around 200 1/6 figures and this is my 3rd Premium Format figure I own. Superman and Batgirl being the other. Only regret is that I did not start collecting pf figures first.

If you own the black and gray version, I urge you to really give this figure a good look and consider buying. It looks amazing in person. Pictures do not do it justice. For me I give this an easy 10/10. Superman and Batgirl blew me away I thought, but this piece exceeded my expectations. For me a must buy.

IMG_20151203_203648.jpg
IMG_20151203_202920.jpg
IMG_20151203_203709.jpg
IMG_20151203_203934.jpg
IMG_20151203_204039.jpg
IMG_20151203_204111.jpg

Last edited:
Love the step-by-step unboxing, setup shots, and the commentary. Congrats! He looks really great!

Love the step-by-step unboxing, setup shots, and the commentary. Congrats! He looks really great!

Thanks my friend. Will do the same for man if steel when I get him Monday. Bats is amazing. I can not wait to get the black and grey bats pf.

Great review! I can't wait to get mine. I'll pair this one with the Justice League and the Black & Grey version with the rogue gallery.

Congrats, affatori -- and wow, man. Great walkthrough review. I look forward to your doing this often here on the boards.

Really love how this statue turned out. It's amazing how a simple costume change and a brand new sculpt can make a BIG difference. I wish I could afford to grab one when it arrives here. This would most likely be harder to find and more so at affordable prices given its quality and rarity. Can't help but compare it to the second printing cover of Jim Lee for Hush: more bad-ass than the first + fewer print = higher aftermarket prices.

This is just a perfect representation of an era of great Batman comics -- from Adams to Rogers to Aparo and Breyfogle. SSC did well with this it makes me hope that they plan on doing a Frank Miller The Dark Knight Returns PF in the near future.

That's a very cool step by step breakdown and assembly of your Bats, affatori. I knew you would love it. it's a absolute winner in every way and another problem-free Bats in the book. Congrats and enjoy.

Thanks guys for your input. This piece is amazing. Thanks to all for being cool and not be jerks like some guys in 1/6 scale boards saying "Why did this need its own thread? Isn't there one already?" I really appreciate your guys maturity level and nice to be collecting statues now and be on this board.

Great review! I got mine a couple of days ago, with Superman and Wonder Woman. I got a deal for getting all 3 from my local comic book store. Where Superman is my favorite character. This Batman is my favorite of my statues.

Great review! I got mine a couple of days ago, with Superman and Wonder Woman. I got a deal for getting all 3 from my local comic book store. Where Superman is my favorite character. This Batman is my favorite of my statues.

What kind of deal did you get? Looking to get wonder woman next myself. My man if steel premium format arrives Monday. Will do review of him next.

I PO Supes from SS and I think he'll be shipping out in Feb so really looking forward to that awesome piece. I got NASA grade felt pads :lol all ready for that bad boy to counteract that leaning issue that some people are apparently concerned about. My matching print comes in next week.

I have the black/gray, and limited space, but man, it's tempting to pick this one up. They could be bookends!

I had the same scenario but ordered anyway flexed it until I figure out space and a new shelf to put it in. I have my grey/black in a besta with batgirl, figured he will go great with classic Catwoman

I PO Supes from SS and I think he'll be shipping out in Feb so really looking forward to that awesome piece. I got NASA grade felt pads :lol all ready for that bad boy to counteract that leaning issue that some people are apparently concerned about. My matching print comes in next week.

Supes is an amazing piece also. He will go great with bats. You will love supes my friend.

I had the same scenario but ordered anyway flexed it until I figure out space and a new shelf to put it in. I have my grey/black in a besta with batgirl, figured he will go great with classic Catwoman

I want to get both Catwoman at some point. Classic to go with modern age like you said, and black Catwoman to go with black and grey bats. I will make space, even if I have to get rid of furniture.

Back