Premium Format Slave Leia - Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The eyes appear to be going to two different directions, away from each other.

Alrighty. Got it home safely outside the box, and took some pics. They eyes bug me the most, though they aren't lazy eyes like some people have criticized. In fact, mine look buggy-eyed. I think the iris is too big and not at an interesting angle like this unpainted sculpt suggested they would be.

Here's how weird the eyes look. Not as strange looking in person thankfully.

Eyes1.jpg

Somehow I missed all of the pictures on the second page of this thread. Those eyes don't look so great. It's just the paint though. I really think this is the best Leia sculpt I've ever seen. The Gentle Giant piece doesn't come close (and it's a lot more buxom than it should be).

How bout a peek from the front?

I'll post a pic of it tonight. I checked it out, and its just a paint-thong looking thing in the same color as the skirt like they did in black on the Buffy PF way back.

I'll also be posting repainted eyes and lip pics tonight. Looks way better. I decided to go with the same 'looking' direction cause I noticed while whiting them over that there was a bit of an iris shape to the eyeball sculpt that I thought might ruin a redirectioning paint job. Lips were recolored and widened a bit.

I thought I had cancelled this but UPS dropped one off yesterday. I think it looks great and I'm real happy with the paint job on this. I'm not a fan of ROTJ but certainly liked the way Leia looked in these togs. This piece, along with a few vehicle toys, will be pretty much be the only representatives of ROTJ in my collection.

BB

Well I've got my.... third? Fourth? Chance at this Exc...
I had it originally pre-ordered and I cancelled during a massive purge (for $$$ reasons looking at the big picture). I had second thoughts and went on the wait list only to have that convert last week. I gave it some serious thought (or semi I guess:rotfl) and for the second time decided to let it go-- of course being as indecisive as I've been with this piece (and the Exc. little freak) I clicked on the "possible flex-pay option" before completely deciding that--yes, I'm not getting this.

Today I get home and SSC have e-mailed me with a flex-pay option and a chance to keep the Exc... I'd get her in July with around $100 payments in May-July... I'm an addict. First step is admitting--second step is help... But first please help with my enabling. For those of you that have received this PF-- yeah or nay? Is she worth it?

:banghead:banghead:banghead

Anyway I have to decide by tomorrow. Fate plays mean games.

Well I've got my.... third? Fourth? Chance at this Exc...
I had it originally pre-ordered and I cancelled during a massive purge (for $$$ reasons looking at the big picture). I had second thoughts and went on the wait list only to have that convert last week. I gave it some serious thought (or semi I guess:rotfl) and for the second time decided to let it go-- of course being as indecisive as I've been with this piece (and the Exc. little freak) I clicked on the "possible flex-pay option" before completely deciding that--yes, I'm not getting this.

Today I get home and SSC have e-mailed me with a flex-pay option and a chance to keep the Exc... I'd get her in July with around $100 payments in May-July... I'm an addict. First step is admitting--second step is help... But first please help with my enabling. For those of you that have received this PF-- yeah or nay? Is she worth it?

:banghead:banghead:banghead

Anyway I have to decide by tomorrow. Fate plays mean games.
I think she looks better in person than the pics. I think it looks a little more like Carrie Fisher than it does in the pics. Overall, it is a very nice statue, and is worth the price if you want a Slave Leia statue. I'm not OVERJOYED with it, just satisfied. (except for the paint defects on the staff and crumb's tail, anyway.)

I think she looks better in person than the pics. I think it looks a little more like Carrie Fisher than it does in the pics. Overall, it is a very nice statue, and is worth the price if you want a Slave Leia statue. I'm not OVERJOYED with it, just satisfied. (except for the paint defects on the staff and crumb's tail, anyway.)

The ANH Leia was my second SW PF and it's still one of my favourites (and I think highly underrated)-- I'm really leaning towards keeping this one. Good to hear it looks better in person-- but then, don't most of these?

Okay guys, here's my take on the Slave Leia PF. Overall I'm very happy with it. Yeah I think the paint apps could have been a little better and just more polished, but I don't have any major complaints there. The likeness is there, it's just the paint apps that throw it off a bit. Also it really does depend on what angle your viewing her from, as the likeness seems off at certain angles.

Only issue I had was with my Salacious Crumb statue. Unfortunately there are a couple paint chips on his left arm, and a crack in his right leg. I called SS up and asked if I could just send the Salacious back for a replacement, and they said that they should have some extras. They said I should hear back from them on Tuesday, and if they have replacements they'll send one out to me, and after I make sure it's in good condition, I can send the broken one back in the same package. If they don't have any replacements, they said I can either send the whole ting back, (Which I won't) or they'll give me a partial refund. Just another example of SS's top notch customer service. :D

Okay enough of my talking, here's the pics everyone........:duff

Picture1314.jpg

Picture1315.jpg

Picture1316.jpg

Picture1317.jpg

Okay guys, here's my take on the Slave Leia PF. Overall I'm very happy with it. Yeah I think the paint apps could have been a little better and just more polished, but I don't have any major complaints there. The likeness is there, it's just the paint apps that throw it off a bit. Also it really does depend on what angle your viewing her from, as the likeness seems off at certain angles.

Only issue I had was with my Salacious Crumb statue. Unfortunately there are a couple paint chips on his left arm, and a crack in his right leg. I called SS up and asked if I could just send the Salacious back for a replacement, and they said that they should have some extras. They said I should hear back from them on Tuesday, and if they have replacements they'll send one out to me, and after I make sure it's in good condition, I can send the broken one back in the same package. If they don't have any replacements, they said I can either send the whole ting back, (Which I won't) or they'll give me a partial refund. Just another example of SS's top notch customer service. :D

Okay enough of my talking, here's the pics everyone........:duff

Picture1314.jpg

Picture1315.jpg

Picture1316.jpg

Picture1317.jpg

Awesome pics (some of the best yet--natural lighting does make a difference)-- Your pics just might have sealed the deal for me keeping this one. :D Thanks.

The ANH Leia was my second SW PF and it's still one of my favourites (and I think highly underrated)-- I'm really leaning towards keeping this one. Good to hear it looks better in person-- but then, don't most of these?

Well, I think that if you really like the ANH Leia, you will regret not getting this one at some point. It would be better to order from SS for their customer service, should something be wrong with it, unless you really can't afford it right now.

That salacious ex really compliment the piece.Ex all the way.She definitely has an anime look but still, it is a very nice PF.

That sucks about your Crumb. I didn't even care to display mine, so he's still in the box. The one I got in the creature pack for my Jabba diorama is just fine if not better to me.

Nice pics of Leia. Your eyes looked slightly better than mine did, but not as good as what I've done to improve them.

I wanted it to look more like the unpainted sculpt:

110508leia09.jpg

Here is mine now.

EyesComparison.jpg

Back