Premium Format Slave Leia - Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too bad you don't want to go to Asia Silent,'cause............
I've raised enough money for your tickets so you're on your way!!!
PACK YOUR BAGS BROTHER, YOU LEAVE TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alright, just because good enough isn't, and I totally get that, I went ahead and gave the eyeliner a once over to make it less dramatic, lightened the lips a bit, and lightened the hair quite a bit. So now what have you got to say about it?

01.jpg

07.jpg

The lips look really good but up close the eyeliner kind of looks like she drew it on with a Sharpee (no offense, it didn't look great originally either). From a distance it looks fine though.

What camera/lens were you using?

Actually that's still my crappy little HP digital camera with the broken flash. I jsut figured out how to adjust all the settings to take good pictures. Man vs Technology.

Too bad you don't want to go to Asia Silent,'cause............
I've raised enough money for your tickets so you're on your way!!!
PACK YOUR BAGS BROTHER, YOU LEAVE TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:lol I'm all packed.

The lips look really good but up close the eyeliner kind of looks like she drew it on with a Sharpee (no offense, it didn't look great originally either). From a distance it looks fine though.

The liner was originally brown on the figure. I may give it ANOTHER once over with brown. But it isn't as stark on the little figure as it looks in the larger pics.

Wow, If I ever pick this one up I will have to send her to Silent to fix her up. How anyone can own one with the original paint job after seeing his pics is beyond me.

Alright, just because good enough isn't, and I totally get that, I went ahead and gave the eyeliner a once over to make it less dramatic, lightened the lips a bit, and lightened the hair quite a bit. So now what have you got to say about it?

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

Love this shot in MWCTOYS review, I was wondering if yours still has the shiny lips effect?
review_slaveleiapf_large2.jpg

Wow, If I ever pick this one up I will have to send her to Silent to fix her up. How anyone can own one with the original paint job after seeing his pics is beyond me.
It's easier than you think. :lol Like I said before I don't think it's in desperate need of a repaint, it doesn't look as bad as some people think, it's the blown up pics that can make it look worse. Of course that's only my opinion.

Also I agree, that last shot in MWCTOYS review really brings out the likeness of the statue, factory paint job and all.

Blown up pics don't do it any favors, but mine was pretty bad.

Love this shot in MWCTOYS review, I was wondering if yours still has the shiny lips effect?
review_slaveleiapf_large2.jpg

Yeah, I love that shot. No, my Leia's lips aren't glossy because I wanted her to look natural, but I might put a hint of semi-gloss on them when I touch up the eyeliner with brown to tone it down a bit more.

Blown up pics don't do it any favors, but mine was pretty bad.

Yeah, I love that shot. No, my Leia's lips aren't glossy because I wanted her to look natural, but I might put a hint of semi-gloss on them when I touch up the eyeliner with brown to tone it down a bit more.

I was wondering, is her hair flexible enough to be posed. Trying to see this look.
leia.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, this turned out pretty good. If I can get a good deal on a regular version, I'm gonna snag one.

-Snags

I just got her today and overall I am very happy with her. Yeah the eyes could be painted better, but they are not nearly as noticeable in person. As others have said the body, outfit and ax are first rate. The chain is not great though.

P1050023.jpg

P1050005.jpg

Last edited:
I couldn't put my finger on just what bugged me most about this piece, even in the website pics, until I saw that side by side shot with the other Leia PF. the ANH actually looks to me like an older Leia than the Slave version. The big-painted eyes make her look too young, but repainting the eyes gave her that older, more mature, worldly quality that Leia had in Jedi.

I couldn't put my finger on just what bugged me most about this piece, even in the website pics, until I saw that side by side shot with the other Leia PF. the ANH actually looks to me like an older Leia than the Slave version. The big-painted eyes make her look too young, but repainting the eyes gave her that older, more mature, worldly quality that Leia had in Jedi.

Are you new to re-painting? I always wonders, what do these companies do their paint that makes it vulnerable to rubbing alcohol and water. I always clean some of my figures with alcohol sometimes. Will a single accidental finger smear to a custom painted area do any harm, or is there some kind of material you use that makes the paint strong and vulnerable?

Back