Predator 5 - Prey (2022)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The same with all Preds to be honest. They're badass until the script needs them not to be. Given their size, skills and technology they should be dispatching every living thing with ease.

The other thing with this is that the writers always have a get out clause: Predators thrive on the challenge.

If a prey's too weak there's no honour in the killing, so the Predator watches, assesses and selects only worthy prey. Even so, the prey is often weaker so the writers can say that the hunter is just playing with their quarry.

It's formulaic, but I think this latest entry is more about the visuals.

Does anyone have a screen shot of what the Predator face looks like in this film?
I don’t have Hulu so I’ll be waiting until it hits the $5.00 bin at Walmart…

Spoiler Spoiler:

The face is reminiscent of a buffalo.

And P2 connection:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I just finished watching and I actually liked the film.
It ain't no P1 or P2,but a far better rendition than what has come after P2.
2ife watched it with me too,so extra bonus points there as it kept her in.
3.5/5 stars 😁

Decent flick, best since P2 but agree about the creature design, it’s quite bad. Why change perfection? And it was done by Winston protégés! Shame on them.
I found most of the references to earlier films pretty annoying and didn’t really add any thing.

But a ton of great action and violence, someone said it seemed toned down but it was pretty graphic to me. Amber Midthunder is the best thing about it, she is terrific. Score is really good too.

Hey, they showed it in broad daylight. Might as well show him the clearest view.

Spoiler Spoiler:

He’s got a ginormous brow line like a Neanderthal and teeth like a crack head!! And what’s with that lumpy ass forehead!?!?

Decent flick, best since P2 but agree about the creature design, it’s quite bad. Why change perfection? And it was done by Winston protégés! Shame on them.
I found most of the references to earlier films pretty annoying and didn’t really add any thing.

But a ton of great action and violence, someone said it seemed toned down but it was pretty graphic to me. Amber Midthunder is the best thing about it, she is terrific. Score is really good too.
😆 Was waiting for 'Get to the choppaaaa'.
OK, maybe not 😀

Yeah, was enough gore but agree it was mostly average CGI.

P2 is my favourite.

I'd put this one second and the original third.

The others can... go somewhere else.

P2 is my favourite.

I'd put this one second and the original third.

The others can... go somewhere else.
Predators grew on me, hated the Fishburne character.
Still, nothing beats the original which I watched, again, last night in anticipation for the new offering.

Watching Prey again with the wife now...

Predators grew on me, hated the Fishburne character.
Still, nothing beats the original which I watched, again, last night in anticipation for the new offering.

Watching Prey again with the wife now...

The Predator and Alien series have been linked since P2, but the Alien movies have been my favourite side of that battle.

The expansion on the universe that P2 provided, not just with the Xenomorph skull but the city setting, tipped my favour over the original long ago. It also moved away from the cliched muscle bound 80's posing that overshadowed the Yautja's debut.

I like the setting and cinematography of Prey, which makes it appear more than just another movie in a formulaic series.

The expansion on the universe that P2 provided, not just with the Xenomorph skull but the city setting, tipped my favour over the original long ago. It also moved away from the cliched muscle bound 80's posing

P. would love you for that

that overshadowed the Yautja's debut.

...but hate you for this :lol

Back