Potential Love and Thunder - Thor (promo image)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another look

paulbettanyvision-post-2022_04_09_21_21.jpg

I am so looking forward to this Thor figure. Finally a thor with a helmet again.

If Bale's 1/6th feet aren't accurately sculpted, I'm not buying this great-looking design...

FP8fKCWWUAoZu7n

Even his sword is just a flimsy black sword from a budget Medieval flick. Christ...

Gorr-the-God-Butcher-And-Necrosword.jpg

We all know that he'll get his big power-up for the third act and thus preventing any company bar Funko to make any actual toys of his better look, but starting off like this is just underwhelming. He looks like Machinist era Bale painted grey with a cloak on top. God Butcher? More like the Self-Flagging Monk...

It really sucks they are giving Gorr a nose. Thats not how he should look. Thats like giving Voldomort a nose. Looks like he doesn't even have the lekku either :ohbfrank: Such a lazy interpretation.

This should be like a Thanos CG character.

I'm holding out hope that he transforms or does something to look closer to his comic counterpart. His original design isn't even anything crazy to begin with. I don't know how they went even lazier than what the design should be already. They didn't even bother to make him look alien-like at all. Just looks like a regular pale dude.

M07UePz.png

DAMN. Anyone else now bummed this isn't the main look they are going for with all the promo and merchandise? The simplified armor and fur...screams comic Thor. Suddenly the shiny gold and blue seems really like a step backwards for me. Wonder if hot toys will pull a "road worn Thor" like they did Thor Ragnarok and quickly turn out the simplified version before moving on to the final look..

imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-LCtBourhtee8as.jpg

I'll admit it was growing on me a little before now it seems slightly lamer in comparison

I really hope HT does a "Roadworn Thor" move for the fur cape look. THAT looks like the Thor I want in my collection. And it would save me some money instead of hunting down a Roadworn Thor figure :lol

Back