Potential Love and Thunder - Thor (promo image)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the smaller span of the axe blade on Stormbreaker. And the cracks on Mjolnier look cool, I expect HT will make that light up.

A lot of rubber arms will be in this line. Basically every figure :ohbfrank:

The colors on Thor could work but it depends whether it is a flat yellow or a metallic gold (like Golden Armor Wonder Woman ) If HT is gonna cover his arm in a rubber sleeve then it will be more flat

Gorr will be taking out all of those Greek Gods, that's for sure. Isla Fisher and Sacha Baron Cohen will probably be Greek Gods too. Maybe Hephaestus makes Thor that new armor.
Could be Hera and Dionysus.

main-qimg-0d83fdf616feb0fd858e819b26a41ad9

Question is, if Gorr takes them all out in he beginning, will they bring in Herc in Thor 5 or some such? They still have to do BRB too. I suppose they could set up a Herc flick or show down the line. Like in the comic, Zeus gets reborn as a kid and Hera runs the Olympus Group. Bring in Ares and Athena, and you're set.

I wonder if they'll go for another 2 after this, make two trilogies. Hemsworth's said he'll be on board as long as they have him, which is smart. He's not exactly managed to break into any other roles. He's doing better than a lot of other MCU stars, as Extraction did decent with the general audience, but he knows Thor is his golden ticket. There's still stuff to adapt, but they are running out of material.

Russell Crowe is Zeus in this. Bet he gets killed in the first 10 minutes like Man of Steel.
It's fairly obvious they'll do a cold open with Fat Crowe Zeus having a feast on Olympus, then Gorr bursts in and slaughters them all. Crowe gets a fat paycheck without having to work, and if they do a Herc film, they can easily bring him back if he wants. Gods and all. I wonder if they'll show more Pantheons, even in a blink-and-you'll-miss-it way. With Moon Knight getting a show, they could start getting into the Egyptian Gods.

God I cannot wait for Moon Knight.

Oscar Isaac vs Ethan Hawke!!!

And Hot Toys will finally bother to make Oscar as a figure after 3 Poe misses and Apocalypse.

God I cannot wait for Moon Knight.

Oscar Isaac vs Ethan Hawke!!!

And Hot Toys will finally bother to make Oscar as a figure after 3 Poe misses and Apocalypse.
Yeah, I'm pretty excited about that too. Moon Knight was my go-to when I got into capes beyond the B-Listers. And as a fan of both Isaac and Hawke, I'm glad the main casting is so good. I do wonder what direction they'll go with though, or what role Hawke is playing. The most likely answer is the Profiler, but I read a rumour ages ago that he'd be a playing a villain version of Crowley. Still, this is a show I'm anticipating for sure. Figures wise, I have to be honest, the costume looks a bit cheap so I could wait for an S2 version, or go for a Mr. Knight suit first, if it appears. They have quite a lot of options with how many outfits he uses in the comics. I'd kill for some kind of Sarcophagus diorama piece as well. Kang was butchered (it's a casting choice I seethe about daily, I have to be honest), but Marc's getting a great treatment (although I will be truthful and say I always saw him as a more built type and would've preferred a taller, buffer guy, Isaac's a great actor with a cool look so they can just use camera angles and that'll be it). Now I want to see how they'll do MCU Apocalypse. I don't think they have any other Egyptian-themed/related characters in Marvel.

I'm glad MK is finally getting some exposure in any case, and I'm lucky the ingridients thus far are of prime quality. Now just give us a AAA videogame and some dollies!

Another look from some more merchandise

These things still get the hammer size wrong. From the actual set photos it's still as massive as its always been. The gold and the helmet is starting to grow on me tho

mcu_direct-post-2022_03_26_18_28-1.jpg

Last edited:
Hoping the look of this costume is much cooler in the movie as well as in 1/6 scale form; but as it stands, I'm not a fan of those brighter colors and all that gold even though I know what they were going for.

Hoping the look of this costume is much cooler in the movie as well as in 1/6 scale form; but as it stands, I'm not a fan of those brighter colors and all that gold even though I know what they were going for.
It's pretty garish and I'm thinking more so every time I see it.

Well, we haven't really seen "Kang" yet, so you might still be in luck.
Wow, did they swap the guy and get Mark Strong and nobody told me?!

...No?

Then yeah, he was/is/will be butchered. I get your point, but the actor's goofy face remains the same. His mannerisms and lack of talent remain the same. If they butchered the Immortus incarnation that bad, then Kang will be infinitely worse.

Wow, did they swap the guy and get Mark Strong and nobody told me?!

...No?

Then yeah, he was/is/will be butchered. I get your point, but the actor's goofy face remains the same. His mannerisms and lack of talent remain the same. If they butchered the Immortus incarnation that bad, then Kang will be infinitely worse.
Johnathan Majors is a great actor. He was amazing in Lovecraft Country. He absolutely has the chops to play a great Kang.
Emmy-Nominations.jpg

We haven’t seen Kang yet. That still annoys me when people say we have. We saw a completely different character with a completely different personality who made it quite clear he was the “nice” variant compared to what would follow.

It’s like saying they butchered Thanos in “What If…?” when we meet the nice, good dad version.

Maybe they’ll ruin him. Maybe they’ll blow your mind. We haven’t actually seen a single scene with Kang yet, so we won’t know until it happens.

But the actor himself is a great choice. The Last Black Man in San Francisco is worth the watch.

Johnathan Majors is a great actor. He was amazing in Lovecraft Country. He absolutely has the chops to play a great Kang.
Emmy-Nominations.jpg
Kang is Time Travelling Alexander. He's rooted in some very specific real world cultures, and I feel the casting was very wrong from the get-go.

We haven’t seen Kang yet. That still annoys me when people say we have.
And it annoys me when people always miss the other part of my posts. We did see his Immortus. The wiser, older version of Kang was turned into a literal clown. We saw the guy's approach to such a character. We have something to judge. He decided to play a wise, "nice" but "gone mad with isolation" character like this:

kang-dance.gif

And he even fumbled that.

So no, I'm not giving him another shot.

We saw a completely different character with a completely different personality who made it quite clear he was the “nice” variant compared to what would follow.

It’s like saying they butchered Thanos in “What If…?” when we meet the nice, good dad version.
And we saw a specific aspect of the character butchered and played with all the talent of a 15 YO on YouTube trying to pull off a wacky Joker.

Maybe they’ll ruin him. Maybe they’ll blow your mind. We haven’t actually seen a single scene with Kang yet, so we won’t know until it happens.
It'll still be the same guy, with the same face and the same talent, all the while appearing in a bloody Ant-Man flick, so I have a pretty good idea of what will follow.

But the actor himself is a great choice. The Last Black Man in San Francisco is worth the watch.
I watched it. I wanted to give him a shot. But no, acting like a stunted manchild and trying to channel Fences Denzel in his "theatre" bit doesn't cut it for me. The scene where he "breaks the fight" was some of the worst acting I'd seen, barring B-Movie levels.

Look man, I'll be as honest as I can because I've posted this exact same thing about a hundred times and I'm tired. He's got a goofy, ugly face and doesn't personify "cultured supergenius antiquity-inspired conqueror". That's it. I don't like his face. Call it swallow, call it whatever you want, it's hollywood capeflicks and I expect to see beautiful people with presence. If I'm going to spend 300€ on a doll, I need a beautiful face. It's not the theatre here, it's pop culture and merchandising. I gave him a chance to win me with his acting, he didn't, so I'm done. He seems like a nice guy in the interviews I've seen, but that doesn't have any bearing on the actual role.

I won't respond anymore because I've had this exact same conversation about 10 times already in this very site. And I'm not going to start posting my scans and rants on a totally separate thread that was bumped to respond to a bit of a near 3 months old post I'd made. I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just done with my 2K word blogposts. When the movie hits, if he's great and you and everybody love him and he's the next Thanos and Ledger, feel free to call me a moron. Until then I'm done. I'll jus wait to get the doll and swap the heads.

Kinda disturbed that one of the key points of contention is… his face.

The MCU has always been different than the comics. Not a single member of the Guardians accurately reflects their comic counterparts. I love both versions anyway.

Kinda disturbed that one of the key points of contention is… his face.
Why? He's an actor playing a caperole. I like looking at beautiful people. If I want to look at goofy ones, I'll stare in the mirror or take a stroll. Certain roles require certain types. Bill Hader's got a weird face too, so I'd never cast him as Batman, even if he does have acting chops and a strong jaw. Ben Stiller has shown his abilities in more than the comedic roles people know him as, but I wouldn't cast him as Tony Stark. Rachel McAdams is a loveable person and a pretty good actress, but I wouldn't cast her for Wonder Woman. You see where I'm going with this.

I myself don't believe the "acting abillity triumphs over everything" meme. Especially when we're discussing capes of all things. Face, build and demeanor are just as important. And considering this guy showed me neither acting ability, nor does he fit the profile of Kang, I see no reason why to give him more chances. I know it sounds harsh, but again; I don't care. They're capeflicks and I want to look at beautiful people, especially when I'm about to drop 300€ on a single doll.

The MCU has always been different than the comics. Not a single member of the Guardians accurately reflects their comic counterparts. I love both versions anyway.
I haven't cared for a single GotG member though, so I guess we're just different. I myself don't like the majority of MCU translations, and I buy the figures as stand-ins for the comic characters; that's why I play the long game and wait for the right outfits. I'm not a fan of RDJ Iron Man either, and I hate what his popularity did to the comic version. I disliked Boseman's T'Challa too, as he was too soft and not elegant enough. So this isn't a specific instance, I have beef with many other roles.

Kang's always been one of my favourites and I have some very specific opinions about how he should be handled. I don't expect people to share them, but that guy out there isn't Kang. At least for me. And that won't change, so it's useless to talk about it.

Why? He's an actor playing a caperole. I like looking at beautiful people. If I want to look at goofy ones, I'll stare in the mirror or take a stroll. Certain roles require certain types. Bill Hader's got a weird face too, so I'd never cast him as Batman, even if he does have acting chops and a strong jaw. Ben Stiller has shown his abilities in more than the comedic roles people know him as, but I wouldn't cast him as Tony Stark. Rachel McAdams is a loveable person and a pretty good actress, but I wouldn't cast her for Wonder Woman. You see where I'm going with this.

I myself don't believe the "acting abillity triumphs over everything" meme. Especially when we're discussing capes of all things. Face, build and demeanor are just as important. And considering this guy showed me neither acting ability, nor does he fit the profile of Kang, I see no reason why to give him more chances. I know it sounds harsh, but again; I don't care. They're capeflicks and I want to look at beautiful people, especially when I'm about to drop 300€ on a single doll.

I haven't cared for a single GotG member though, so I guess we're just different. I myself don't like the majority of MCU translations, and I buy the figures as stand-ins for the comic characters; that's why I play the long game and wait for the right outfits. I'm not a fan of RDJ Iron Man either, and I hate what his popularity did to the comic version. I disliked Boseman's T'Challa too, as he was too soft and not elegant enough. So this isn't a specific instance, I have beef with many other roles.

Kang's always been one of my favourites and I have some very specific opinions about how he should be handled. I don't expect people to share them, but that guy out there isn't Kang. At least for me. And that won't change, so it's useless to talk about it.
Heh, wow - well...that version of Kang (Immortus) was killed so that one should be gone....only variants remain so he likely should be acting differently going forward. Personally, I would have cast Lance Reddick, Arnold Vosloo or Oded Fehr for the role.

You sound inordinately hard to please, yeah. (Also the first I’ve ever heard critical of Boseman’s casting).

Don’t know why you’d think this wasn’t a beautiful man.
a258a3b1aea9ed33d22958d14258f9ebdeeb1423.gifv

He’s a traditionally attractive black man.

I keep an open mind. I remember when Michael Keaton was type-cast in comedies, and he turned into my favorite live-action Batman. I wasn’t sure I was okay with “frat boy” Chris Evans being Captain America after the disastrous Human Torch, and he’s one of my favorite MCU heroes now.

I would absolutely be opened minded about a Bill Hader Batman, Rachel McAdams Wonder Woman, or Ben Stiller Iron Man. I’ve CERTAINLY seen worst casting choices.

Heh, wow - well...that version of Kang (Immortus) was killed so that one should be gone....only variants remain so he likely should be acting differently going forward. Personally, I would have cast Lance Reddick, Arnold Vosloo or Oded Fehr for the role.
My Kang/Reed/Doom picks somewhat overlap, but for Kang specifically my Top 3 were Mark Strong, Billy Zane and Alexander Shiddiq. I tried to stick close to the Mediterranean and also pick some recognizable names. Because as I've said, I feel that Kang's ties to the Antiquity are important, so I can't picture him in a different way. But if they had to cast a black man, there were much better choices, like Lance Reddick as you mentioned. Or Christopher Judge. Mahersala Ali would've been absolutely great, if he wasn't already Blade. That's what I'm trying to get across, they have a certain aura about them, more grace. The guy they got is like an average joe from down the street.

You sound inordinately hard to please, yeah. (Also the first I’ve ever heard critical of Boseman’s casting).
Well, most Black Panther "fans" online are just casuals who maaaaybe read the absymal Hudlin run and then jumped on the even worse Coates one. I grew up with the Priest run, so I prefer T'Challa as a more moral Doom and Namor. Boseman's was too neutered. How much is on him, and how much is on the writing, I don't know. But the supergenius strategist King I knew was nowhere to be seen in the MCU.

Don’t know why you’d think this wasn’t a beautiful man.
a258a3b1aea9ed33d22958d14258f9ebdeeb1423.gifv

He’s a traditionally attractive black man.
Eh, I don't agree. Tastes vary and all, but I don't see it. He's got a good body, and he's ~6'0" so he's not a manlet like most actors they get, but I wouldn't call him handsome. Black, white, Asian, whatever; to me a handsome person is a handsome person. He looks too goofy and his features don't mesh together. Djimon Hounsou is what I'd call a traditionally attractive black man. Idris Elba, Mahersala Ali and Eamon Walker off the top of my head too. But "black" is too broad a term. Western Africans are different from Eastern Africans for example. It's why I don't much dwell on such labels. Either someone's handsome, or they're not, by any metric.

I wouldn't cast him for someone like Blue Marvel either (to be fair, either you get Denzel for BM or go home). He just doesn't have that air around him. I could see him as a Moses Magnum or Mentallo type. But Kang's just such a convulted character with a very specific air around him that I can't see literally anyone playing him.

I keep an open mind. I remember when Michael Keaton was type-cast in comedies, and he turned into my favorite live-action Batman. I wasn’t sure I was okay with “frat boy” Chris Evans being Captain America after the disastrous Human Torch, and he’s one of my favorite MCU heroes now.
I'll give you Keaton, but Evans had the build and he'd played other characters beyond the fratboy before. I'll admit that I'm a bit too hard to please, but in this case I can't see it. The guy they got for Namor is very different from what I'd have gone with, but there are pictures where he's got that arrogant air, so I can see something in him and am willing to give him a shot. Majors, I gave him until his Loki episode, I watched some of his movies, but I just can't do more.

I would absolutely be opened minded about a Bill Hader Batman, Rachel McAdams Wonder Woman, or Ben Stiller Iron Man. I’ve CERTAINLY seen worst casting choices.
Well, I suppose we're different there. I'd not give either of those the benefit of the doubt. I could see Stiller as Reed Richards for example, but Stark? No way. It's like getting Jesse Plemons for Xavier, or Matt Damon for Hercules or something.

Back