POTC: AWE Discussion - WITH SPOILERS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaulFan

King of the Monsters
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Hey, I noticed many of us playing the

Spoiler

game and I figured I would start a thread where we didn't have to be hush hush and could just freely discuss the film and anything in it now that we've seen it, so let the fun continue.

I though it was great and I loved Teague. I think he should of had a larger role though. Then comes Davy he goes out with a bang and it was so cool seeing the dutchman destroy all those ships and also just seeing jones's crew just walking around with the Navy.Sweet.:chew

I was a little lost with the end for Elizabeth. Is she just going to hang out on that deserted island for the rest of her life waiting for Will to come around every ten years?

I think its their meeting place every 10 years, but that Elizabeth will go back to command the Singapore pirates.

Someone wanna tell me what the extra scene after the credits was? I missed it.

Ah, now it makes sense. I was just confused since it didn't seem to indicate there were any other ships anywhere. It would be kinda cool if she went back to become a pirate should they decide to make a fourth one she and Jack could cross paths again. Personally in some ways I kinda feel that this is an excellent end to the series and I'd be afraid that if they keep making them instead of ending on a high note they may start to fizzle.

Elizabeth's fate is questionable. Does she go back to Singapore or to Ship Wreck Cove to be Pirate King, or will she return to Port Royal to clear up Beckett's mess. Lots of room for continuing story, and if the had Orlando Bloom back without Keira, you could use dialoge from him to fill in Elizabeth story information.

I think that it was fitting end to Elizabeth and Will's characters, but if they do just single, non trilogy movies for Sparrow, Barbossa and others they could stay pretty good.

You know, I'd love to see Sparrow at the helm of the Black Pearl and the crew going on adventures, we never really got to see CAPTAIN Jack Sparrow at work, he was usually solo.

CTBP - Not Captain until the last 2 minutes of the film.

DMC - Mostly solo to small group adventures off the ship, limited Captain action.

AWE - Barbossa really acted more as Captain of the Pearl when the crew was involved, Jack's moments were more personal involved with but a few characters at a time.

Deffinately think it'd be fun to see Jack at the helm during battles and pillaging adventures.

Great idea with this thread MaulFan--

Can anyone shed some light on the after credits scene? I watched the movie without the *cough cough* opportunity for credits as a one-year old keeps me quite housebound.

Memnoch21 said:
I think that it was fitting end to Elizabeth and Will's characters, but if they do just single, non trilogy movies for Sparrow, Barbossa and others they could stay pretty good.
My thoughts exactly.

I loved the way they literally brought the story full circle with the final scenes. Everything is as it was (more or less ;)). The first scene of CBP has young Elizabeth singing A Pirate's Life for Me, and discovering Will, presumed dead, coming from the sea. The final (post-credit) scene of AWE has Elizabeth and her son (now singing A Pirate's Life for Me), discovering Will, now really "dead", coming from the sea. The first appearance of Jack in CBP had him in a small boat, searching for the Pearl, which was stolen from him by Barbossa. His final scene in AWE has him again in a small boat, again searching for the Pearl, again stolen by Barbossa.

That was, for me, the perfect end to the trilogy, and the perfect way to open the door to completely new adventures.

Well since this is a spoiler thread I'll let the cat out of the bag so to speak.

After the credit scene:

You open back at the meeting spot/island and see a young boy (perhaps just over the age of 9 :cool: ) running down to the edge of a field overlooking the ocean. He is followed closely by Elizabeth and at the edge they both watch the horizon until finally you see the anticipated flash of green light and the Dutchman appears with Will looking toward shore. You get a couple scene transitions between Elizabeth and the boy looking out toward the Dutchman with huge smiles on their faces and Will looking back toward shore returning those same smiles.

Edit -- Robodad types faster than me :D

End Credit scene:

10 years later. Elizabeth and her 9-10 year old son walk to the edge of a field on the island. The Green light happens on the horizion and Will and the Dutchman appear. They smile at each other. The end.

The fountain of youth story and riviarly between Jack and Barbossa could be a good movie. It would be sorta interesting to see how Jack (and maybe Barbossa) would evolve with the times if he was imortal. Would Jack become a cowboy?

EDIT: Robodad AND Oxbeard type faster than me!

Thanks for sharing, I didn't realize til someone posted yesterday that there was footage after the credits in each film, now Jack the Monkey being undead in DMC makes since watching the end credits of Curse of the Black Pearl, and sounds like the At World's End credits footage is to give those hoping for Elizabeth and Will to have a future shows they conceive a child most like during the beach scene encounter, I mean not like there was protection back then.

I just read something VERY interesting.

Apparently there was a line of dialog cut from the movie, between Tia Dalma and Davy Jones (probably for pacing reasons), where it was revealed that if the lover of the Dutchman's captain remained faithful for the full ten years, he would be freed from his bond forever and restored. That makes the story of Davy Jones and Tia Dalma much more interesting, since it would mean that she was the one responsible for him not being freed from his curse. But, it also explains why there was a green flash when Will returned. He was returning from the dead!

RoboDad said:

Apparently there was a line of dialog cut from the movie, between Tia Dalma and Davy Jones (probably for pacing reasons), where it was revealed that if the lover of the Dutchman's captain remained faithful for the full ten years, he would be freed from his bond forever and restored. That makes the story of Davy Jones and Tia Dalma much more interesting, since it would mean that she was the one responsible for him not being freed from his curse. But, it also explains why there was a green flash when Will returned. He was returning from the dead!

Don't forget, in Dead Man's Chest, Tia Dalma offers Will to get to ""know her"" and Jack states he thought he ""knew her"" so it almost sounds like she gets around a little bit, hence the unfaithfulness, but it also seems like Davy changed so much from who she fell in love with, he was the destroyer of his own life.

RoboDad said:

That makes great sense--- and you have to wonder why it was left out besides time reasons if it's so instrumental to the concluding story of these two characters.

Thanks for sharing guys.

That whole Dutchman curse is confusing. Once we were introduced to it in this film I thought Davy might end up stabing his own heart. Because if he stabbed it, he would die, but the one that stabs it is supposed to be the new captain, so that would kinda destroy the curse that way right?

If that line is correct, that was a very stupid editing move. It makes it look like Will is cursed forever and Elizabeth has nothing better to do than stay on that island waiting for one night every ten years. :rolleyes:

^You'd wait for Keira Knightly...

I still think it should have ended with Jack as the new captain of the Dutchman. And is anyone sad that Norrington had almost no purpose in the movie other than to just die?

Yeah the whole curse thing has me really confused too, I'm gonna have to go take notes or something. :lol I think that bit about the 10 years of faithfulness might be a bit of an important key.

Buttmunch said:
That whole Dutchman curse is confusing. Once we were introduced to it in this film I thought Davy might end up stabing his own heart. Because if he stabbed it, he would die, but the one that stabs it is supposed to be the new captain, so that would kinda destroy the curse that way right?

If that line is correct, that was a very stupid editing move. It makes it look like Will is cursed forever and Elizabeth has nothing better to do than stay on that island waiting for one night every ten years. :rolleyes:

I second that as well.... Knowing that bit of information would very much make people understand the curse better. I walked away thinking he would be cursed forever, doomed to see his beloved once every decade. But now it makes perfect sense.

Anyway... loved the film... seriously thought it was the best one yet and as RoboDad stated... a perfect end to the series, coming full circle like that.

Back