Post Your 1:1 Helmets and/or Props

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still gonna weather it a bit... maybe. The clean looks kinda growing on me. But, for the most part, it's done-ish.
20181203_084600.jpg

Probably a preemptive strike because they caught wind that RS is about to release one...

Nice, but ouch at a $1k. I guess this is more a re-release and cheaper version of their Legend version.

Been wanting a full size Vader helmet forever. Was gonna finally bite on the previous EFx PCR limited (hand painted) version due to the great price, but I just didn't/don't have the space to put it anywhere. And this is something that I would not be content on leaving in a box and stored somewhere until I am able to display it. So I never pulled the trigger on getting one.

If both were still available (this and older PCR), is Fiberglass really that much better than the their cheaper PCR version? I understand from a true replica perspective, the original screen used helmets were fiberglass, but from a collector/fan perspective, is their really a visual difference? If it's gonna sit on a shelf in a display cabinet and only be admired from afar, never to be held, touched or tried on, is it worth the price? When side by side can one really tell that much of a difference?

Nice, but ouch at a $1k. I guess this is more a re-release and cheaper version of their Legend version.

Been wanting a full size Vader helmet forever. Was gonna finally bite on the previous EFx PCR limited (hand painted) version due to the great price, but I just didn't/don't have the space to put it anywhere. And this is something that I would not be content on leaving in a box and stored somewhere until I am able to display it. So I never pulled the trigger on getting one.

If both were still available (this and older PCR), is Fiberglass really that much better than the their cheaper PCR version? I understand from a true replica perspective, the original screen used helmets were fiberglass, but from a collector/fan perspective, is their really a visual difference? If it's gonna sit on a shelf in a display cabinet and only be admired from afar, never to be held, touched or tried on, is it worth the price? When side by side can one really tell that much of a difference?

It probably comes down to a generally better quality product. Appearance wise, they'll probably be identical.

I don't think this is a re-release, just some new-old stock found in storage, like sometimes happens to Sideshow items. The fiberglass versions are indeed better than the PCR plastic one, the PCR looks nice from some distance and keeps the overall details, but close-up it cannot be really compared to the other two.

I don't think this is a re-release, just some new-old stock found in storage, like sometimes happens to Sideshow items. The fiberglass versions are indeed better than the PCR plastic one, the PCR looks nice from some distance and keeps the overall details, but close-up it cannot be really compared to the other two.

Agreed. If it's like the found ESB Luke X-Wing helmet I just got from them, it's gonna be an Artist Proof.
Also, even though the PCR is a very nice helmet, the fiberglass Limited is great. I know they look very similar on the shelf (you can still tell), but let's be honest, you're gonna touch it, pick it up, & you're friends are going to as well. At that point.... it's light weight plastic vs. everything nice about fiberglass. I have the Limited, & I had the PCR (it was the "apology" helmet from eFX). I still have the Limited, & I sold the PCR.

Well, it's already unavailable. I wish I had seen this earlier. I wouldn't think this is in response to the upcoming RS helmet, since the EFX one is an ANH helmet and the RS one looks like ESB/ROTJ.

There was a topic on a FB group saying a couple hours ago on EFX site you could see a McQuarrie Vader helmet for sale for $6000. Too bad it is gone now, and seems no one took any screenshots.

Luke's helmet is back up:

efx.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if they find an X-Wing or Tie Fighter in the back of their "warehouse" too...

There was a topic on a FB group saying a couple hours ago on EFX site you could see a McQuarrie Vader helmet for sale for $6000. Too bad it is gone now, and seems no one took any screenshots.

Luke's helmet is back up:

View attachment 435599

Thanks for the heads-up - Got one just now :)
Wanted one for a long time, but prices on ebay were too damn high.

I'd be all over an X-Wing or a TIE Fighter.
I got one of their "found" ESB Luke helmets. It's an Artist Proof, & the ear pads are in perfect condition.

Back