Poll - Mark VII (Stealth Mode Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did you PO the Mark VII (Stealth Mode)

• Yes - Love the look

Votes: 92 45.3%
  • Yes - I collect all Iron Man

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • Yes - Mainly due to it being a Movie Promo (limited)

Votes: 12 5.9%
  • No - Price was too high

Votes: 44 21.7%
  • No - Did not appeal

Votes: 18 8.9%
  • No - Tired of Iron Man

Votes: 15 7.4%
  • On Waitlist

Votes: 11 5.4%

• Total voters
I work in stock markets, i love when people forecast based on historical events + the fear of missing out, love it :D It's how we make money!

Should always analyse each purchase based on it's own merit. Resist peer pressure. Just because it happened in the past doesn't mean it will happen again. If you had purchased every single IM ever to come out, including secret project or gun metal grey, you will be in the red, not black.

Buy it because you want it, not because you think the value will go up.

To make a million dollars from trading hot toys you need to start with a billion.

Not saying this to flame or rile, but every statement you made is about as untrue as statements could be. The only statement you made that is true is that financial advisors make money on the fear of missing out(read falsely driving prospectus to unsavvy investors.)

I have every single armor. If i were to sell them right now for what I paid, my profit would easily be over 4 grand.
Also my job is in Commercial Finance and you cannot move forward without considering the past. I look at the stealth armor as a slam dunk "investment". Why? Because historically the Mark III HT Stealth proto that was displayed and never released in the past was one of the most sought after armors never made. This is HT filling that want from collectors.Off of that historical information and the trends that all grey(see non-red armors) have outperformed all other suits in value made it a instant buy for most people. Nothing to do with peer pressure. Either you want this to keep or want it to flip.

As a stock guy you should have been all over this to buy low and sell high. This armor will be easily over $600 and be sold at that in the next 12 months.

The statements you made lend me to believe you are a salesman of financial instruments which fits the profile for most FA's. Living in a production world right? This is from getting my series 7,63 and 65 and spending 3 years peddling stock and funds so some VP or partner can make quota. :lol Worst job I ever had. Smartened up and got a real Finance job and never looked back.

Ironically those diecast armors are the worst value holding of all sold out marks. The War Machine II is still selling way under retail as well as IP and the m42.

Again this is not to flame you, more so bringing back the silly brainwash tactics used in selling investments.:peace

Not sure why they can't just throw in the mark VII headsculpt even though it's my least favorite headsculpt ever. As cool as this looks, the reason I get hot toys is for the realistic faces. That being said, I preordered this because over the course of the year I may change my mind and $34 is worth it for my peace of mind to be able to decide later. Sorry if I help drive the prices up! Can't help it!

Mk 7 $250 - loaded
Midas $ 300 - repaint less gear
This - $340 - repainted again with less gear ...
Mk 43 - $344 Diecast, cool ultron piece, alt head and nice base

to everyone who bought this - " Bahhhh baaaahhh"

guess $100 + dollars for a shiny sticker on your box is a deal :lol

I really love the look of it, but it would cost $500Aud and with so many other things coming up, I just can't spend the money on this one. I also don't want too many Iron Man figures as I'm already looking at ones from AoU.
This was ultimately what dissuaded me, too. The US price is not bad (if the paint comes out as promised... still think in-hand it could be amazing), but once I factor in conversion @ 20%, shipping and customs/taxes, it becomes a $500.00 CAD figure. Even so, I have no doubt I could make my money back, but secondary value doesn't motivate me and I'm not interested in buying something for $500.00 that I'm ambivalent enough about to consider selling 6 months before I have it in-hand. Awesome figure, though. If I had more space and money, I'd definitely have grabbed it.

Mk 7 $250 - loaded

We need better lit pictures but potentially this looks to be a killer repaint with tons of detail. Anyone that bought it at retail will probably be able to sell it at double+ in time, so even from the most cynical point of view, it's a good value.

Oh you are just a jaded jive-turkey.:pfft:

:lol

it looks cool, dont get me wrong. its just wayyyyy too much. and I have no doubt it will sell higher in the after market, but that doesnt mean people arent insane for drinking the cool aid.

and what i cant wait for is when we find out this is the last time the plastic Mk7 mold will be used and a diecast is coming next year :D

it looks cool, dont get me wrong. its just wayyyyy too much. and I have no doubt it will sell higher in the after market, but that doesnt mean people arent insane for drinking the cool aid.

and what i cant wait for is when we find out this is the last time the plastic Mk7 mold will be used and a diecast is coming next year :D

Oh you know they got at LEAST 3 more armors out of that mold!:hi5:

Mk 7 $250 - loaded

Nuh bruh, $100 + dollars for the shiniest Iron Man on my shelf is a deal. :lecture

Most people that have complained about the price have forgot to mention the 3 main details that add value to this figure

• The mulit step paint app
  • The special Dynamic Stand
  • Exclusive

I'm wait listed on this because I was working when it was available for sale but if I had been home I would have order one and then all of my siblings would have ordered on too.

I preordered and not having one regret be a use of the price. I love the translucent armor and leg pieces as well. This will actually be my first HT iron man. Love this color scheme and would've bought regardless if die cast or not. I've also heard that the images on the site was a test piece so the final product will have red LED lights and come with a 2nd head

I preordered and not having one regret be a use of the price. I love the translucent armor and leg pieces as well. This will actually be my first HT iron man. Love this color scheme and would've bought regardless if die cast or not. I've also heard that the images on the site was a test piece so the final product will have red LED lights and come with a 2nd head

As amazing as that would be, the description on SSC says white LEDs. Not to say they couldn't change it, I just don't see it happening.

Oh man if that is true it will look the business. I was planning on getting clear red swatches to put in the eyes and chest. Wonder if it is a Tony sculpt.

I got it because it was waaaay too cool not to.

Btw, this one sold on evilbay for $700. Others listed go for $550-$800. :lol

Hot Toys 1 6 Iron Man MK VII Stealth Mode Version Movie Promo Exclusive Avengers | eBay

That $550 is an auction. The $700 was the cheapest and Tony has sold 6 in a flash. Another case of 6 going for $750 going now.

uploadfromtaptalk1427646104214.jpguploadfromtaptalk1427646116345.jpg

I don't know who Todd Bradley is, but he just used Hologram AI's photoshopped picture from this forum... I highly doubt there's anything official about that.

I knew I saw red led's on this figure before. I thought I was seeing things.

As amazing as that would be, the description on SSC says white LEDs. Not to say they couldn't change it, I just don't see it happening.

Regardless if its white or red its a very unique piece and I will mod it to be red easily and very cheap :) It should have been red though!!!

Back