Poll - Mark VII (Stealth Mode Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did you PO the Mark VII (Stealth Mode)

• Yes - Love the look

Votes: 92 45.3%
  • Yes - I collect all Iron Man

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • Yes - Mainly due to it being a Movie Promo (limited)

Votes: 12 5.9%
  • No - Price was too high

Votes: 44 21.7%
  • No - Did not appeal

Votes: 18 8.9%
  • No - Tired of Iron Man

Votes: 15 7.4%
  • On Waitlist

Votes: 11 5.4%

• Total voters
I really liked how it looked. The reason I collect hot toys is because I admire the "realism" and it is a homage to movies I love. Out of my top 5 movies I have figs for 4 I doubt ill ever get the #1 though 8(. I am very selective about the figs I buy I don't collect whole lines etc. This figure when I got home I looked it over for about 15 minutes and I really really liked it and couldn't exactly explain why. After MUCH thought clicked buy now and was brought to a waitlist page. Universe speaking to me?

For those who did purchase this "limited" figure we can thank for when the Mark 45 is released and is $300 plus now

Don't feel guilty at all now knowing I own the BD Mark 7 and paid less for a superior figure

I really love the look of it, but it would cost $500Aud and with so many other things coming up, I just can't spend the money on this one. I also don't want too many Iron Man figures as I'm already looking at ones from AoU.

It's OK, but the MK VII Battle Damage is still the best MK VII ever made and definitely in the top five best armors.

For those who did purchase this "limited" figure we can thank for when the Mark 45 is released and is $300 plus now

Don't feel guilty at all now knowing I own the BD Mark 7 and paid less for a superior figure

Until the 45 is revealed and (hopefully) owns all armors (plastic) before it.

Until the 45 is revealed and (hopefully) owns all armors (plastic) before it.

I always encourage improvements, but there is going to come a point were I'm not going to be willing to spend what Hot Toys asks for a 1/6 scale figure, regardless of what it is

I really liked how it looked. The reason I collect hot toys is because I admire the "realism" and it is a homage to movies I love. Out of my top 5 movies I have figs for 4 I doubt ill ever get the #1 though 8(. I am very selective about the figs I buy I don't collect whole lines etc. This figure when I got home I looked it over for about 15 minutes and I really really liked it and couldn't exactly explain why. After MUCH thought clicked buy now and was brought to a waitlist page. Universe speaking to me?

^ This. My collection, both present and future is small, but what attracts me to modern Hot Toys is the realism and representation of movie characters and the actors who play those characters.

If I was going for a comic universe posable toy, then this is a stunning piece. But this hobby is more about having Robert Downey jr in a key movie suit to me... That's partly why I can't get excited by something like the Hulk (even Avengers movie). That's just a little too much Masters of the Universe 30 years ago to my liking.

I like it but price they ask way too high. I better spend my money on something else. Maybe hardcore IM collector will absolutely spend money on it

The BD MKVII was $295 two years ago so HT knew a few of us would pay a little more now for a damn sexy paint job with some translucent parts. Still love the BD MKVII but this is just as amazing.

I call would not any figure superior. I have 13 IM figures with 4 more (including this one) on PO. I think they are all equal, they all have pros and cons IMO.

There needs to be option for did not buy because it's not die cast.

You are going to miss out on a lot of really nice pieces if you pass on these just because of that reason. The MK 45 looks awesome and it more than likely will be plastic.

It's OK, but the MK VII Battle Damage is still the best MK VII ever made and definitely in the top five best armors.

Agreed with that but i feel this will join it. This is not for everyone ( that's why it is limited) but IMO it is stunning and will really stand out on the shelf.

Last edited:

Just curious about the reason for the ********. Is it because you really wanted it but couldn't justify the cost or you think it's an impetus for higher overall prices, or maybe something else?

Just curious about the reason for the ********. Is it because you really wanted it but couldn't justify the cost or you think it's an impetus for higher overall prices, or maybe something else?

It's really useless discussing about prices for toys.

It would be like millionaires blaming billionaires for driving up the prices of limited edition Ferrari and Bentley. I'm not much of a car guy but I remember in my youth a million-dollar car was almost unthinkable, but now they are dime a dozen from all different makes, limited edition or not and they mostly get all sold out. And honest some of the special edition super-cars are just different repaints with special badge here and there too. So do the guys at car forums blame each other for 'driving up prices'? Maybe, I don't know, but basically collectibles are not essentials in life. I just work hard to ensure that my toys are not financial burden.

didn't order because of the price

including taxes this figure would cost me around 450 -500 euro and how much i do like the look of this figure i can't justify to spend that much money on this figure

You are going to miss out on a lot of really nice pieces if you pass on these just because of that reason. The MK 45 looks awesome and it more than likely will be plastic.

I will for now, but in a couple of years, trust me, all IM will be die cast. Find it funny people going like wow this is awesome, gotta get as if future IM's will be bad. There will ALWAYS be cool IM's coming out every year.

Value in the eye of the beholder, clearly poll is saying this is a close one 50/50. Price really killed it in my opinion relative to that it isn't a die cast or doesn't come with better goodies.

I thought the figure was gorgeous but I was all against ordering because of the price, but then someone made the best point that they missed out on secret project and the gun metal grey and they didn't want that to happen again. That statement completely flipped my opinion because Im so p/o I missed those too lol. So I caved. Lol

I thought the figure was gorgeous but I was all against ordering because of the price, but then someone made the best point that they missed out on secret project and the gun metal grey and they didn't want that to happen again. That statement completely flipped my opinion because Im so p/o I missed those too lol. So I caved. Lol

I work in stock markets, i love when people forecast based on historical events + the fear of missing out, love it :D It's how we make money!

Should always analyse each purchase based on it's own merit. Resist peer pressure. Just because it happened in the past doesn't mean it will happen again. If you had purchased every single IM ever to come out, including secret project or gun metal grey, you will be in the red, not black.

Buy it because you want it, not because you think the value will go up.

To make a million dollars from trading hot toys you need to start with a billion.

I ordered because I DO like it and I know the price WILL go up and if I don't get it now I know I never will.

Back