Poll - Mark VII (Stealth Mode Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did you PO the Mark VII (Stealth Mode)

• Yes - Love the look

Votes: 92 45.3%
  • Yes - I collect all Iron Man

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • Yes - Mainly due to it being a Movie Promo (limited)

Votes: 12 5.9%
  • No - Price was too high

Votes: 44 21.7%
  • No - Did not appeal

Votes: 18 8.9%
  • No - Tired of Iron Man

Votes: 15 7.4%
  • On Waitlist

Votes: 11 5.4%

• Total voters
This sold out in I think 5 hrs. There's a long, long way to go before most collectors would consider it "over produced". And speaking more generally of the Iron Man line, are you kidding me? No matter how many they make, they can't seem to saturate demand. I'd bet every cent I own they could quaduple the run and sell out without any kind of incentive or discount.

In regards to Tonto, sure, he's the easiest target, but look at how much HT stuff was heavily discounted at Spook, this year. That's what I'd refer to as over produced and diminishing to the brand. You'd think they'd want to sell more of these at $340.00 to make up for underperforming elsewhere.

One last point on Toto, you do need to consider that Toto's revenue streams are already in the clubhouse for Hot Toys. They made their money upfront on purchase orders on it whether it sold 1 or 1000 after the fact by the distributors. Its the future vendor sales and orders that will prompt the demand for the non-premium brands either expanding or contracting Hot Toys new product offerings. Other businesses will not order the risky figures and get stuck with the bag. Only the sure fire pieces will get more order quantity. I bet BBTS is ready to cry with all of the overstock they probably have and that is why their 8% discount is gone.

Moving forward, IMO... if they are going to finish all of the Iron Man Marks, they should all be limited release.
Because of the cost and average of 2 minutes of actual screen time, these other Marks are not selling
as well as retailers would hope.

Slap a "limited edition of #XXX" tag on the remaining Marks and sell outs will be early and often.
For the sheer price of Hot Toys, hell... all of them should be numbered editions.

One last point on Toto, you do need to consider that Toto's revenue streams are already in the clubhouse for Hot Toys. They made their money upfront on purchase orders on it whether it sold 1 or 1000 after the fact by the distributors. Its the future vendor sales and orders that will prompt the demand for the non-premium brands either expanding or contracting Hot Toys new product offerings. Other businesses will not order the risky figures and get stuck with the bag. Only the sure fire pieces will get more order quantity. I bet BBTS is ready to cry with all of the overstock they probably have and that is why their 8% discount is gone.

Back