Paypals "New" 21 day $$$ freeze policy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn Richards (certain 4 letter word gets blocked here)!

PayPal balance: $4,731.01 USD Currency converter
Available balance in USD (primary): $240.23 USD

I am very curious as to why this hold is happening to some of you. I have never had this happen to me.

I've just had this happen to me.

An item I sold for £25.50 got caught up in Royal Mail's system and took a bit longer than expected to reach it's destination so the buyer filed a complaint which led to Paypal withholding the cash.

I sent the guy the tracking number and within a day or so the item arrived and he closed the dispute yet I still have to wait for the cash to be credited back to my account :mad:

I've just had this happen to me.

An item I sold for £25.50 got caught up in Royal Mail's system and took a bit longer than expected to reach it's destination so the buyer filed a complaint which led to Paypal withholding the cash.

I sent the guy the tracking number and within a day or so the item arrived and he closed the dispute yet I still have to wait for the cash to be credited back to my account :mad:

No this thread about them holding your money on every transaction. They always hold you $$ when there is a dispute for a certain transaction.

Weird. For some reason I've got the "freeze" on right now, but I was sent three different payments today outside of Ebay and all three are in my available balance, and aren't frozen. The only money that is pending is the money I've gotten from recently ended Ebay auctions, but on my PayPal account page it does say that from now on money sent to me will be held for 21 days. I'm wondering if this freeze only applies to money received through Ebay.

don't want to go off topic but why is it that when I try to buy something internationl, especially in Euros, PayPal doesn't let me do that? when I go to check it they said the I'm not allowed to use the credit card I have on file? thanks!

don't want to go off topic but why is it that when I try to buy something internationl, especially in Euros, PayPal doesn't let me do that? when I go to check it they said the I'm not allowed to use the credit card I have on file? thanks!

They have a "you must have an IQ this high to use this service" limit? :huh

Just had my first Paypal 21 day freeze on money sent to me from Ebay auctions. I sell regularly on Ebay and this now looks to be something they are doing standard. They jack up sellers auction costs and imply a bunch of regulations and pull this bull____, I'm so pissed off I really am going to limit sales on Ebay as much as I possibly can. They must have a bunch of real idiots running Ebay Corporation that have been coming up with this great strategy. Before you know it, they will make non Ebay purchases have higher fees for sellers to try and tighten their hold on things.

Ebay's great to buy stuff on, but I think it's days of being useful to sell a few items you have for sale is a thing of the past.

Last edited:

They have a "you must have an IQ this high to use this service" limit? :huh

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

So I finally had it! The holding the $$ was supposed to end on the 20th which it didnt. I called Paypal, they said ebay issued it call them. I call ebay, they say Paypal issued it but since they told you to call us we will tell them to lift the 21 day holds. So in "48 hrs" all the $$$ will be released and no more of this BS.

Last month my eBay fees were $480 and this month it reads $560..... Yet they trickle my own $$$ cash at me every 21 days.

So I finally had it! The holding the $$ was supposed to end on the 20th which it didnt. I called Paypal, they said ebay issued it call them. I call ebay, they say Paypal issued it but since they told you to call us we will tell them to lift the 21 day holds. So in "48 hrs" all the $$$ will be released and no more of this BS.

Last month my eBay fees were $480 and this month it reads $560..... Yet they trickle my own $$$ cash at me every 21 days.

Upgrade to a merchant account and get a debit card.

Back