Official Sideshow Podcasts Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just listened to the 11/20 podcast - I'm surprised no one has commented! They're really going all out with these things now - great production value on this one and the spooktacular one.

But '70s CB culture chase movies like Smokey & the Bandit and Convoy? Definitely a template I wouldn't have seen coming. I doubt anyone born after 1960 would have either. Still pretty funny though.

They do seem to put a lot of time and energy into the podcasts these days.

But I have lost interest in them over time. I liked them better when they were short and focused on products and announcements. There's too much "jokey" chatter now about nothing that applies to my interest in Sideshow.

Anyway, nowadays, news and 'sneak peeks' seem to spread faster on this forum.

If I had my choice, I'd rather they came out every other week, ran about 7-15 minutes long, and focused on internal interviews, upcoming products and general news about the future of Sideshow and where it's headed.

This podcast alone had the 3rd part of the Heath and Greg Mowry conversation about the Bride PF, Brant talking about Prajj, Tom talking about the Warcraft diorama - Klauder pitching the Iron Man helmets - seems there's a bunch of inside info there.

This podcast alone had the 3rd part of the Heath and Greg Mowry conversation about the Bride PF, Brant talking about Prajj, Tom talking about the Warcraft diorama - Klauder pitching the Iron Man helmets - seems there's a bunch of inside info there.

Yes, there is, but the few minutes of 'interviews' gets lost in the 27 minutes of jokey intros, those two Hillbillies that chatter on and on, and any number of repeated theme 'enactments' that frame the important info and are often longer than the interviews. That nonsense in the helicopter flying over Godzilla comes to mind.

There is good stuff in the podcast, no doubt. I didn't mean to suggest there wasn't. It's just got way too much fluff inbetween for me. Personally.

Face it, we all used to talk alot more about the podcasts last year than we did this year.

The Production Blog is another area that is greatly underused. Sideshow should really utilize that area to build interest in their artists -- not just sculptors but the tailors and painters as well, get a little background on what it takes to pull off some of these outfits. There's no end to the info, and product hype, you could add there. But that's another issue....

I'm just really intested in what they do, that's all.

The Podcasts to me rock. I don't find myself talking more or less about them but I totally look forward to them. I even used them as an example in one of my classes on how we should have them look when we do ours.

The Production Blog is another area that is greatly underused. Sideshow should really utilize that area to build interest in their artists -- not just sculptors but the tailors and painters as well, get a little background on what it takes to pull off some of these outfits. There's no end to the info, and product hype, you could add there. But that's another issue....

I agree with you 100% there. I've always wanted to see more info in the Production Blog. They have some good things in there now, but it seems so underused. With all the items Sideshow produces, it would be nice to see more info on the creative teams and what goes into making a piece.

Enough Keith and Klauder in the podcast, I need some video with instructions on how to hunt the Undead (zombies to the lay person). :monkey5

I actually enjoy all the chatter. Those hillbillies crack me up! I find the podcasts very entertaining and informative plus every once in a while we get a discount.

I download it into my iPod so I listen to it any time I have a break. I can't tell you how many times I find myself standing in line....but I always have my reliable iPod to entertain me.

I agree with you 100% there. I've always wanted to see more info in the Production Blog. They have some good things in there now, but it seems so underused. With all the items Sideshow produces, it would be nice to see more info on the creative teams and what goes into making a piece.

Unfortunately there is a limit as to exactly how much inside information and secrets that can be shared online. As our popularity and success increases, our competitor's interest in how we do things and who we employ to do them also increases. As much as we'd like to share every single detail with our fans to further your enjoyment of the art, unfortunately a line must be drawn. :(

As it stands now, we are in the process of trying to find the midway point between not sharing enough, and sharing too much. We have always been a company who likes to share and have an open line of communication with our customers, and I would NEVER want that to change! Our podcasts and production blog are ways to keep that communication open :)

That's unfortunate that competitors muck it up for all of us fans. But I guess that's life. Security vs. freedom seems to be a troubling issue in life in general.

Thanks for responding.

Thanks for the response, Dusty. I understand how you guys need to balance everything. Especially since Sideshow is a leader in the collectibles market and continues to grow.

I really like the podcasts, but love when we get to see something like Trevor's Han sculpt. He is truly talented and deserves the recognition.

Speaking of podcasts, wasn't one supposed to be posted today?

Bah humbug! Next Tuesday, December 11th, will bring a new episode of Sideshow Radio to SideshowCollectibles.com, which will be filled with Holiday shenanigans, including visits from the Ghosts of Podcasts Past, Present, and Future! Listen to our very own Scrooge, Maxxx, host next week's show as we interview Tony McVey about his work on the original Salacious Crumb, as well as Sideshow's life-size replica, plus part 2 of our interview with Seth-Grahame Green, author of the hilarous book, 'How To Survive a Horror Movie.' You may even get a VERY cool tease of our Universal Monster Premium Format Figure! Be sure to download the episode on Tuesday the 11th, and while you wait, don't forget to brush up on past podcasts posted in our Sideshow Radio archive.

Back