Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
prometheus-easter-egg.jpg

I watched this on Saturday in 3d on a large tv, good sound system and was impressed, it was a good film, good effects could have been a bit better with some more suspence but overall not to bad,
Spoiler Spoiler:
-
I had deliberatly stayed away from any info on the film looking forward to watching it in my own house with the kids who are big Alien, AVP fans.

The obvious outcome at the end is that there will be a 2nd film.
The extended scenes had some good bits and I prefered the unused alien atack, it looked better, more genetically modified.

I watched this on Saturday in 3d on a large tv, good sound system and was impressed, it was a good film, good effects could have been a bit better with some more suspence but overall not to bad,
Spoiler Spoiler:
-
I had deliberatly stayed away from any info on the film looking forward to watching it in my own house with the kids who are big Alien, AVP fans.

The obvious outcome at the end is that there will be a 2nd film.
The extended scenes had some good bits and I prefered the unused alien atack, it looked better, more genetically modified.

no it seems more and more likely that the original concept was that they created us (god) and upgraded us intellectually over the centuries by visiting (jesus) but then decided we had become an abomination by trying to "steal fire" from them (creation of life). So they were sending back a cargo of alien biowepons to wipe clean the planet and start again.

Fox got scared about all the religious reference (does not go down well in US) and they restructured the movie. Thats why the script is so full of holes.

Even the deleted scenes have a specific jesus reference on the christmas tree. The fact that it's set at christmas is also a nod to the original concept.
:dunno

Interesting. Scott didn't want this even hooking up with its own franchise too directly, now hes so desperate hes hooking it up with another that he has expressed interest in revisiting.

He should proceed with caution or hes going to be the second coming of Lucas amongst his die hard fans. :lecture

Interesting. Scott didn't want this even hooking up with its own franchise too directly, now hes so desperate hes hooking it up with another that he has expressed interest in revisiting.

He should proceed with caution or hes going to be the second coming of Lucas amongst his die hard fans. :lecture

It will eventually hookup with the Alien franchise with the other 2 movies.

Just watched this on Blu Ray... 7.5/10 for me. I enjoyed it a lot, they created a good eerie atmosphere with plenty of mystery. Not a perfect film by any means, but I seriously don't understand the hate campaign against ths.

but I seriously don't understand the hate campaign against ths.

The 'haters' pretty much just wanted to see Alien again on the big screen.

Whilst the film isn't perfect it's certainly one of the best sci-fi films we have got from the past decade or so (IMO), with District 9 being the best (IMO again).

Whilst the film isn't perfect it's certainly one of the best sci-fi films we have got from the past decade or so (IMO), with District 9 being the best (IMO again).

Don't forget that a lot of people now a days want to get spoonfed a story "a la Avengers". Not much of a story there, or I should say a pretty straight forward story. This movie makes you think. I'm sure the second movie will answer a lot, but people are just impatient.

Don't forget that a lot of people now a days want to get spoonfed a story "a la Avengers". Not much of a story there, or I should say a pretty straight forward story. This movie makes you think. I'm sure the second movie will answer a lot, but people are just impatient.

We live in a 'spoon fed' film time.

I'm pretty sure if it all works out we will get Prometheus and atleast Parts 2 & 3 before we get to Alien.

We live in a 'spoon fed' film time.

I'm pretty sure if it all works out we will get Prometheus and atleast Parts 2 & 3 before we get to Alien.

We sure will and I can't wait. Thanks for the friend request by the way...accepted :hi5:

I don't agree, the movie looks good and at first it is good, but the second part is a mess,

Back