Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We sure will and I can't wait. Thanks for the friend request by the way...accepted :hi5:

Hi-5-Turtles-Animated-GIF.gif

I don't agree, the movie looks good and at first it is good, but the second part is a mess,

tumblr_m2nkhqNzM01qzogo3.gif

then decided we had become an abomination by trying to "steal fire" from them (creation of life). So they were sending back a cargo of alien biowepons to wipe clean the planet and start again.

That makes no sense. :lol

Those ships with the "bioweapons" had been on that planet for thousands of years i.e. WAYYYYYYYY before humans even knew what a robot was.

That makes no sense. :lol

Those ships with the "bioweapons" had been on that planet for thousands of years i.e. WAYYYYYYYY before humans even knew what a robot was.

I know it makes no sense. The Jesus thing kind of does though, even though it's also pretty silly. The ship was ready to go destroy earth because humanity had killed Jesus who was an engineer. They specifically mentioned the date for this reason. It was ready to take off just about the time when Jesus was allegedly crucified.

Listen, I think it's all bollox.
:lol

Funny how people who didn't like this movie (or some other) are always labeled as haters (like this actually even explains anything). Is it somehow opposite of a fan. How about just non-fan. Sure, I hate that I had lots of expectations about this movie and mostly all of them were gunned down pretty effectively (none of them was the change to see aliens again). IMO this is just a dump movie that makes not much sense. And it got nothing to do about spoonfeeding things. Its beyond me how some are so stubborn, that they don't see quite obvious flaws what comes to the plot. Instead they twist and turn things around and tell that people who complain about this are just haters/stupid/impatient/unimaginative etc. etc. It can't possibly have anything to do that the actual plot might be not that great. No sir. Sometimes even good directors might do bad movies. Wouldn't be the first time with Scott.

And no. Avengers isn't that great either. IMO it is better, but I can't let it slide just because it's supposed to be mindless(?) action movie. I reguire any movies to have at least some sense.

Last edited:
This thread is just going around in circles.
The same arguments, the same comments.

It was a very silly, beautiful looking movie with a couple of good performances, awful script, beautiful fx and design. The vfx supervisor on it is a friend of mine and he told me that the script was constantly changing, but the wasted artistry that was put into some of the work that was just thrown away was just astonishing.

There probably is a very interesting background story to what actually happened behind the scenes, we will probably never know. The anti-religion issue, seems the most plausible to me especially after The Golden Compass fiasco (look it up, very interesting on a cultural/Christian extremist way).

Or it could simply be bad writing and an amazing director no longer on the ball.

I will say this again though, some of the acting on those deleted scenes is just shocking. Maybe he used what he cold in the final edit!

Last edited:
This thread is just going around in circles.
The same arguments, the same comments

It was a very silly, beautiful looking movie with a couple of good performances. awful script beautiful fx and design.

There probably is a very interesting background story to what actually happened behind the scenes, we will probably never know. The anti-religion issue, seems the most plausible to me especially after The Golden Compass fiasco (look it up, very interesting on a cultural/Christian extremist way).

Or it cold simply be bad writing and an amazing director no longer on the ball.

I will say this again though, some of the acting on those deleted scenes is just shocking. Maybe he used used what he cold in th efinal edit!

You mean like these comments ? :nana:

Funny how people who didn't like this movie (or some other) are always labeled as haters (like this actually even explains anything). Is it somehow opposite of a fan. How about just non-fan. Sure, I hate that I had lots of expectations about this movie and mostly all of them were gunned down pretty effectively (none of them was the change to see aliens again). IMO this is just a dump movie that makes not much sense. And it got nothing to do about spoonfeeding things. Its beyond me how some are so stubborn, that they don't see quite obvious flaws what comes to the plot. Instead they twist and turn things around and tell that people who complain about this are just haters/stupid/impatient/unimaginative etc. etc. It can't possibly have anything to do that the actual plot might be not that great. No sir. Sometimes even good directors might do bad movies. Wouldn't be the first time with Scott.

And no. Avengers isn't that great either. IMO it is better, but I can't let it slide just because it's supposed to be mindless(?) action movie. I reguire any movies to have at least some sense.

There is a difference between a person who hates this movie, and someone who doesn't like it.

Someone who doesn't like it, is probably a smart intelligent person who felt let down at the choices made in the film. Which is understandable. They have reasons and they acknowledge the film's strengths, while pointing out it's incredibly obvious reasonings why the film failed in many ways.

Someone who hates the film that much should not be watching movies, because there is worse things out there, and their crusade is a pointless one, because regardless of this film's shortcomings, it wasn't something that was made for money, or made quick and cheap. Time was put into this.

Even if it's misguided, even if you find the movie so flawed that you cannot enjoy it, you'd still understand that there was a passion to make it, and a level of quality that you don't see too much any more.

If you want to hate a movie, hate a movie that deserves it. Like Amazing Spider-Man. Which showed no passion, and felt rushed and churned out for money.

There is a difference between a person who hates this movie, and someone who doesn't like it.

Someone who doesn't like it, is probably a smart intelligent person who felt let down at the choices made in the film. Which is understandable. They have reasons and they acknowledge the film's strengths, while pointing out it's incredibly obvious reasonings why the film failed in many ways.

Someone who hates the film that much should not be watching movies, because there is worse things out there, and their crusade is a pointless one, because regardless of this film's shortcomings, it wasn't something that was made for money, or made quick and cheap. Time was put into this.

Even if it's misguided, even if you find the movie so flawed that you cannot enjoy it, you'd still understand that there was a passion to make it, and a level of quality that you don't see too much any more.

If you want to hate a movie, hate a movie that deserves it. Like Amazing Spider-Man. Which showed no passion, and felt rushed and churned out for money.

Very well said CP.:clap

And I mean, I have and will list every single problem and issue this movie has. I still enjoy it, but I'm not unaware, or stubbern enough to realize it ****ed up.

That being said, some of people's issues are useless nitpicks that can be answered with a little thought. But that's only for the "haters". :lol

Well, you want a movie that was made for only money, with no love put into it, it's that movie. What a waste.

Sucker Punch is a another movie I can't hate because of the work put into it. It fails in more ways then it succeeds. But it tried. That is something that not a lot of filmmakers do today.

Well, you want a movie that was made for only money, with no love put into it, it's that movie. What a waste.

Sucker Punch is a another movie I can't hate because of the work put into it. It fails in more ways then it succeeds. But it tried. That is something that not a lot of filmmakers do today.

I agree with everything you said about Peometheus, but I'm going to have to disagree on The Amazing Spider-Man.

If they just wanted to make money, then they would have just released Spider-Man 4 with Tobey Maguire. Despite the shortcomings of Spider-Man 3, a 4th movie would've still been a successful attraction at the box office.

The Amazing Spider-Man WAS made with "love" IMO. Made with love for the fans and love for the Spider-Man source material. They wanted to make Spider-Man right (not that there is anything necessarily "wrong" with Raimi's movies), and make a Spider-Man movie that has the fans and original story in mind.

I agree with everything you said about Peometheus, but I'm going to have to disagree on The Amazing Spider-Man.

If they just wanted to make money, then they would have just released Spider-Man 4 with Tobey Maguire. Despite the shortcomings of Spider-Man 3, a 4th movie would've still been a successful attraction at the box office.

The Amazing Spider-Man WAS made with "love" IMO. Made with love for the fans and love for the Spider-Man source material. They wanted to make Spider-Man right (not that there is anything necessarily "wrong" with Raimi's movies), and make a Spider-Man movie that has the fans and original story in mind.

From the perspective of a non comic book fan, it was a straight up remake of the first, with minor changes. The only thing that made it different was it was darker for some reason, and he stole his web shooters.

It's really a half assed film.

Sam Raimi made 1 and 2 with love and passion. And you can tell.

ASM felt like a studio cash in, like Ghost Rider 2.

Back