Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From the perspective of a non comic book fan, it was a straight up remake of the first, with minor changes. The only thing that made it different was it was darker for some reason, and he stole his web shooters.

It's really a half assed film.

Sam Raimi made 1 and 2 with love and passion. And you can tell.

ASM felt like a studio cash in, like Ghost Rider 2.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45X7ow92DrM&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]https://youtu.be/NzJuDo5ots0[/ame]

Spider-Man 1-2 are real movies made with heart. Spider-Man 3 was made for money. There was no heart put into that Studio Formed cash grab.

Transformers was made for money, which is accurate to the show, which was also made for money.

That gif reminded me of these cool David pics (incase any David fans missed them):

David_8.jpg

David_8pic.jpg

Now THAT's funny! :lol

I felt this was an overall good summer movie experience. The Avengers, Prometheus, and TDKR made it worthwhile for me. Granted, there were some flaws but otherwise, all 3 named were enjoyable.

I'm getting the Prometheus DVD this week! Can hardly wait to see the deleted and alternate scenes! :wink1:

Same here. I'm so excited to see these things.

I have to wonder, maybe this is Ridley's intent all along...to make a movie that's vague, full of holes, messy, inconsistent, to create controversy, and get people talking.

Which it did. And come out with the Blu Ray showing all the holes filled in, and everything fixed up. Getting people to buy, and watch the Blu Ray, even if they didn't like it.

Same here. I'm so excited to see these things.

I have to wonder, maybe this is Ridley's intent all along...to make a movie that's vague, full of holes, messy, inconsistent, to create controversy, and get people talking.

Which it did. And come out with the Blu Ray showing all the holes filled in, and everything fixed up. Getting people to buy, and watch the Blu Ray, even if they didn't like it.

Or to set up for a sequel?

i'm still wondering what happens if you get "rape face" with those space worms. what product will it yield? lolz

The aliens are very sexual looking creatures. :lol

The Jockies mustive created our reproductive organs after them. :lol

Fox got scared about all the religious reference (does not go down well in US) and they restructured the movie. Thats why the script is so full of holes.

This is pure speculation, and grossly oversimplified speculation at that.

it's certainly one of the best sci-fi films we have got from the past decade or so (IMO), with District 9 being the best .

Agreed, but I'd say Children Of Men.

____

This is pure speculation, and grossly oversimplified speculation at that.

Agreed, but I'd say Children Of Men.

____

It's not. Go read up on what happened with His Dark Materials trilogy.
The film was actually being boycotted by US extreme Christian Right wing groups before it was released. It had similar subject matter. The movie was butchered as a result, director walked and it still made a fortune internationally but all sequels were cancelled.
Not speculation, look it up, dangerous subject matter in US Bible Belt.

That is true, but I doubt it was so for Prometheus.

There's been more movies out there, which were just as offensive, if not more so.

Yes but not ones with budgets like these large scale fantasy movies. It's all about returns. Studios do not want to risk pissing off any major section of the public when they are spending 200million on a movie.

It's not. Go read up on what happened with His Dark Materials trilogy...dangerous subject matter in US Bible Belt.

The Golden Compass sucked the root. The US bible belt had little to do with its poor performance.

And it's a completely different film.:lol
Your speculative guesswork comments were about Prometheus.

The Christian fundamentalists in the US are not a monolithic, all-pervasive group that dictates all life in America.
Saying that fundamentalist Muslims speak for the totality of their countries would be a similar oversimplification.

Have you ever lived in the US? Ever even been there?

Back