Official 12" Hot Toys Superman returns Image Thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EDIT: this isn't mine you guys. I wish, but I just took these from Darren's page to show ya'll

since we have this debate of which one looks more like Routh, here's a repaint of the 2-in-1 head by my good friend Darren Carnall
i think it goes to show that with a great repaint, the 2-in-1 definitely has the better likeness

SRRepaint2.jpg

SRRepaint4.jpg

SRRepaint3.jpg

SRRepaint1.jpg

Naah!!

Even with DC's repaint, I still prefer V1... And I've got both, so I'm not being partial here!

Sure, V2's got better texturing and painting, but even after all this time staring at him, I still fail to see ANY likeness to Routh... except the nose maybe!

I like both versions, maybe I'm a fan of Superman. The V1 do deserve a place in the collection though. :hi5:

rather than sanding, stuff either foam or cotton to beef him up more and to give him a more natural slant.

areas to stuff are traps, shoulders, chest. boom, you got yourself a more natural supes.

like so:

R1013820.jpg

Just my opinion but I think the deltoids are too ball-shaped/rounded in that picture. The only mod I did to him was to give him a bit of padding down the front of his shorts...as crappy a plot point as I thought it was, as it is at the moment poor Supes doesn't look like he could have fathered any kid.

Just my opinion but I think the deltoids are too ball-shaped/rounded in that picture. The only mod I did to him was to give him a bit of padding down the front of his shorts...as crappy a plot point as I thought it was, as it is at the moment poor Supes doesn't look like he could have fathered any kid.

yeah i know the delts are a bit on the big side, they were taken from the medi supes fig. i tried to sand them down as much as i could, but at one point thought i did too much. once i placed them there, i thought it looked alright, and left it since.

i guess i can always go back and cut off some more, but i'm too lazy hehe.

Hey, if my own delts looked like that I wouldn't be complaining...but I'm too lazy too hehe.

But you do need to fill out those shorts a bit, otherwise with muscles that big and underwear that empty, the steroid rumours won't be far off.

hi! I have question is there a step by step instructions how to remove the original superman returns costume the arm of my superman is loose and i want to fix it thanks

hi! I have question is there a step by step instructions how to remove the original superman returns costume the arm of my superman is loose and i want to fix it thanks

Get a professional to do that :dunno

how to repair your HT superman's loose joints in 2 easy steps.
warning, this is an expensive fix.

Step 1) Buy a replacement superman

Step 2) Sell your old one to help cover the costs

if the replacement has loose joints, go back to step 1.

Looks better, no doubt. But still lacks the Routh likeness inherent in the first sculpt, IMO.
One of these days, I'll get a better pic of mine.

Are you shrink wrapped?!? :wave

393368-woody_large.jpg

neither sculpts are dead on... But the 2in1 is way more Routh than the 1st one... I had both of them and sold the V1 after getting the 2in1!

n15u2c.jpg

Looks better, no doubt. But still lacks the Routh likeness inherent in the first sculpt, IMO.

DSCN1782.jpg

3517.gif

One of these days, I'll get a better pic of mine.

Are you shrink wrapped?!? :wave

393368-woody_large.jpg

neither sculpts are dead on... But the 2in1 is way more Routh than the 1st one... I had both of them and sold the V1 after getting the 2in1!

Yup, neither one of them are spot on like some of the other HT sculpts but V2 is much better than V1. The fact that the paint and sculpts of the v2 is a lot better makes it the figure to get. Even with some of the repaints that I've been seeing of the V1, all I'm seeing is a better v1. Still prefer the v2.
I do see the resemblance to Route anyway with the V2, its not like its way off.

Well, we're all entitled to our opinions, no matter how wrong your's is :D

2-in-1 has the better factory paint job, and you can argue that it is a better sculpt if you want to. But no way in this world does that look like Routh. It is just a generic Superman. I've got both, and that's my feelings on it, so nyaa.

Well, we're all entitled to our opinions, no matter how wrong your's is :D

2-in-1 has the better factory paint job, and you can argue that it is a better sculpt if you want to. But no way in this world does that look like Routh. It is just a generic Superman. I've got both, and that's my feelings on it, so nyaa.

yep 100% agree

but really who care about Routh sculpt anymore ?

i mean DX reeves is on the way and snyder's superman figs will follow in 2012.

superman returns belong to the past.

sorry to resurrect an old thread, but just got the 2-in-1 from Commtech who threw in an extra body and 2-in-1 stand. this is my grail figure as of right now until Reeve comes. I've been wanting this sucker since it came out and finally pulled the trigger on it. Thanks so much Commtech! :rock

here are some pics
SAM_1403.jpg

SAM_1409.jpg

SAM_1413.jpg

SAM_1421.jpg

SAM_1422_1.jpg

SAM_1423_1.jpg

SAM_1424_1.jpg

SAM_1430.jpg

Back