Official 12" Hot Toys Superman returns Image Thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks Good!! I always wondered what Routh would have looked like wearing the Christopher Reeve Suit, in the movie, instead of the suit he wore? I've never really cared for this suit! and not really looking forward to seeing Tom welling wearing it in Smallville! Hope they would have come up with something more to the likeness of the CR suit for him to wear!

Last edited:
Grats Gipetto! Nice Pics.
This is indeed a great figure. I love the high contrast colors of the suit. I'm glad you finally got your grail:clap

Looks Good!! I always wondered what Routh would have looked like wearing the Christopher Reeve Suit, in the movie, instead of the suit he wore? I've never really cared for this suit! and not really looking forward to seeing Tom welling wearing it in Smallville! Hope they would have come up with something more to the likeness of the CR suit for him to wear!

Thanks! I didn't like the suit when I first saw the initial released image, but it grew on me. Especially b/c I thought Routh made a great superman, he was just in the wrong superman film. Wish he could be in Snyder's version.

Grats Gipetto! Nice Pics.
This is indeed a great figure. I love the high contrast colors of the suit. I'm glad you finally got your grail:clap

Thanks alot Remy! Im so glad i was able to finally able to afford it! I too really like this suit! And it definitely looks a lot more like Routh than any pics can show. This figure really made my birthday weekend great! :D

Awesome! Happy birthday buddy. That is indeed a great bday getting a Grail on the same weekend.

I was the same way, was iffy when I first saw the suit but eventually grew to love it as it was inspired by the spiderman movie suit with the textures and the muscle suit underneath.
I really enjoyed superman returns. True, it has some flaws but as a whole, it was an enjoyable movie for me. Too bad Routh is no longer supes.

I for one like the film, the suit only irks me cause of the darker reds and yellows, I know people from the set when it was being filmed said the red appeared lighter in person and not as dark as the pics showed but here is the thing if it does not translate onto film than it is pointless saying that as we aren't on the set and can't see that for ourselves.

I hope for one smallville fixes more than the cape with the suit. Anyway these pics are making me want to buy the 2-in-1 figure myself

Hi guys, I finally got this figure, this particular one has 2 features that make them unique. In first place the low EN 28/1200. In second I got 2 heads with this one, the original repainted by Les Walker, and the 2 in 1 head repainted by Darren Carnall (he posted that one early in this tread).
Here are some pics, including a comparison of both headsculpts.
Hope you like them!
I know they look awfull but I just have my cellphone to take them!
Thanks!

Thanks for the comparison pics. You can really see the difference in the sculpts. I was never a fan of the version 1 Superman head but after seeing these pics I start to see how nice a sculpt it really is.

Just finished watching the finale of Smallville, it was awesome ! So I took my 2 in 1 Superman and re-posed him. I was trying to go for a running pose and this is how it turned out...might try and make it look more realistic with the pose:

34j9es0.jpg

I picked up V1 back around 3 months ago and I love it. I wasn't collecting Hot Toys back when V1 and the 2 in 1 were released so I was glad to finally get one of them. I like the 2 in 1 a little more but I can't do $299 for it, that's the cheapest I have found it.
CIMG4874.jpg

HT have seriously come along way since this came out but I definitely agree with Gipeotto that is still a cool figure. Looking at this just wets my appetite for CR Dx even more though. Still can't belive where still not heard anything on him after all this time.

In light of the new Superman body made for the Christopher Reeve. I think once it is release, I might get a pieced out CR body to update my 2in1 Routh figure. I've always hated the TT for this figure to Slim.

Speaking of which, has anybody ever considered shaving off some of the headsculpt to give it a more realistic appearance? It seems as though the piece of neck surrounding his jaw and hairline make this figure seem a lot more toy like and less real.

Back